Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Lenovo customer service say thinkpad 2 is delayed until 18th December! (US) i guess it wont be released until next year in UK! not good news at all!

all clover trail tablets are being delayed , there must be something wrong!

sbl
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by kirky View Post
    Has anyone seen any info that suggests the TPT@ can be charged via standard USB-microUSB connection ala smartphones?

The included charger states microUSB connector @ 5W, which suggests hooking up to PC or car charger will work fine. However I've seen a couple of close up pics of the port and it doesn't look like a standard microUSB port (the middle bit looks thicker)....
    I am also curious if TPT2 can be charged with standard power and voltage of usb port. I thought it is impossible for x86 architecture.
    Last edited by sbl; 11-16-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by adz7777 View Post
    all clover trail tablets are being delayed , there must be something wrong!
    Lonovo New Zealand is taking orders right now.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Did they give a shipping date?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kazy View Post
    It'll start at $649 in the US.
    It seems that this includes the stylus, 64 GB storage, and 2 GB RAM. The keyboard costs extra NZ $30 or US$20. The price seems reasonable?

Pen Pal - Newbie

a rep from Lenovo told me its not coming out till Dec 18th....glad I got the Samsung ativ 500t instead...

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sbl View Post
    I thought it is impossible for x86 architecture.
    The Dell Latitude 10 (another atom based tab) is chargeable via standard mUSB cable, so I assume it is possible.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I'm giving up on the TPT2, I don't feel like waiting another month to maybe get it. Previously had the 500T, returned it, but realized it was the best value so I bought another one last night. $599, has the S-pen and digitizer, etc versus what looks like it's going to be $800 plus for an equivalent TPT2 and then you can only buy that goofy keyboard dock. The 500t is glitchy at first, but once you update all the drivers from Samsung it's smooth as butter.

pmf
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
    I'm giving up on the TPT2, I don't feel like waiting another month to maybe get it. Previously had the 500T, returned it, but realized it was the best value so I bought another one last night. $599, has the S-pen and digitizer, etc versus what looks like it's going to be $800 plus for an equivalent TPT2 and then you can only buy that goofy keyboard dock. The 500t is glitchy at first, but once you update all the drivers from Samsung it's smooth as butter.
    The Microsoft Store is listing the comparable TPT2 for $699 with pen/digitizer. That's a $100 lift compared to the 500T. I don't know where you got $800 from, even the MSRP for the comparable model is $749. Also, it's very possible the TPT2 will come with standard with GPS as well, another bonus.

I don't disagree that the keyboard dock is a trade-off though. The launch of these products seems to be nothing but trade-offs. However, my problems with the 500T are two fold. First, it's cheap Samsung plastic. I didn't think this was a knock until I picked it up in the store. Flexing and creaking galore. I have to assume that the TPT2 will have a much better build quality which is worth at least $100 more. Second, 11.6" is just too big. It's absolute smallest size for a proper keyboard dock however, which is why the TPT2 has the smaller, crappier dock.

The best part about the 500T is that you can, you know, actually purchase one.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

By the way, TPT 2 is on sale now in Australia.

Thread Information