Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 22

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by EspiOne View Post
    So, how much does $999, transfer to US $?? J/K. at least we know it is out there. Hopefully, someone over there will give a review. I will be truely disappointed, if it runs into the same issues as I had with my HP Slate 500 and Win7, minor freezes and inaccurate "touch" capabilities. This the only Win 8 tablet that I had considered purchasing this year. All my notebooks are in great condition, don't need any more "portable" pcs, (according to my wife). I am holding out for it, and putting some cash away. even stopped my going to to lunch to save some cash.
    It'll start at $649 in the US.

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Kazy View Post
    It'll start at $649 in the US.
    That is interesting, considering that the Microsoft Store has had it up for sale @ the price of $699.00, that is a good $50 mark up.

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad 2 Tablet - 10.1-inch Windows 8 computer - Microsoft Store Online

I am hoping to order it via GOVT. sales for a nice discount.

pmf
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by EspiOne View Post
    That is interesting, considering that the Microsoft Store has had it up for sale @ the price of $699.00, that is a good $50 mark up.

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad 2 Tablet - 10.1-inch Windows 8 computer - Microsoft Store Online

I am hoping to order it via GOVT. sales for a nice discount.
    Actually, it's a $50 discount. The model listed on the Microsoft Store is 367926U. Lenovo has this listed at a MSRP of $749. Also, this SKU includes the pen. CDW has it listed for $783: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 3679 - tablet - Windows 8 32-bit - 64 GB - 10.1" - 367926U - Tablets - CDW.com

pmf
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Another interesting tidbit now that technical specs are starting to show up on all of the channel distributors. It looks like most if not all of the models include GPS as standard. Not sure if it's an absolute but I'm definitely seeing it listed on CDW, Insight, etc.

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    Another interesting tidbit now that technical specs are starting to show up on all of the channel distributors. It looks like most if not all of the models include GPS as standard. Not sure if it's an absolute but I'm definitely seeing it listed on CDW, Insight, etc.
    Is it real GPS or 'phone' GPS using the 3G/4G network to determine location?
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix pressed into daily service as of 4-Aug-2014 - phenomenal cosmic power?
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my former main device - do I keep this or my V8P as my sidekick now
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

pmf
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    Is it real GPS or 'phone' GPS using the 3G/4G network to determine location?
    It's hard to say. I assume you mean WiFi-based location since most models don't have a 3G/4G radio. If you look up the SKU that MS is selling in their store on CDW (367926U) you can see that it's listed as a separate receiver.

GPS System
    GPS Navigation: GPS receiver

Insight as well:

Wait and Hope.

Maybe these tablets will all come from the factory with the new Lenovo "no contract mobile broadband" access that was announced for Thinkpads last Summer.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsky View Post
    Maybe these tablets will all come from the factory with the new Lenovo "no contract mobile broadband" access that was announced for Thinkpads last Summer.
    Lenovo Mobile access, with pay-as-you-go wireless WAN mobile broadband service (in select countries)
    From the TPT2 page on Lenovo. So hopefully!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kazy View Post
    From the TPT2 page on Lenovo. So hopefully!
    "Lenovo Mobile access, with pay-as-you-go wireless WAN mobile broadband service (in select countries) "

well, there is the fine print "(in select countries) ".

Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone seen any info that suggests the TPT@ can be charged via standard USB-microUSB connection ala smartphones?

The included charger states microUSB connector @ 5W, which suggests hooking up to PC or car charger will work fine. However I've seen a couple of close up pics of the port and it doesn't look like a standard microUSB port (the middle bit looks thicker)....

Thread Information