Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 21

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Someone make an analysis about who from Lenovo is to blame for the delay? Marketing executives? Product quality control? Hardware/sw R&D?
    Or maybe MS or Intel?

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Hmmm, looks like Lenovo removed the official release date from their website. It says "coming soon" again.
    I have a strange feeling Lenovo is having problems with software issues such as severe lag when using the pen.
    This can be clearly seen at Phonedog.com website video review of the tablet

No wonder there are no "review units" usually sent out to known tech bloggers or websites before the actual launch date. In fact it is too quiet on the web lately regarding TPT2. Better wait for full reviews by early adopters just to be sure all the bugs are ironed out. Samsung ATIV Smart tablet PC seems to be doing well without any problems, already in the market for almost a month now, I think.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogiboy View Post
    Samsung ATIV Smart tablet PC seems to be doing well without any problems, already in the market for almost a month now, I think.
    Is this true? My impression, reading the other forum page, is that the Samsung is relatively bug-ridden. Freezes and crashes and the like.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by curtissh View Post
    Is this true? My impression, reading the other forum page, is that the Samsung is relatively bug-ridden. Freezes and crashes and the like.
    I can confirm that after playing with one at Staples. Too many freezes and crashes.
    Last edited by rzp2003; 11-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by rzp2003 View Post
    I can confirm that after playing with one at Staples. Too many freezes and crashes.
    The ones at stores don't count. Too many people handle them and they might not get proper updates.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TC1100 > HP TM2 > ThinkPad Helix or ThinkPad 10
    Lumia 625 > Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI benchmarks for TabletPCs
    ThinkPad 10: Compendium (tips, hacks, accessories)
    New User Guide for Samsung Series 7 Slate

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by curtissh View Post
    As a owner of the Samsung Ativ 500t (15 days) (a person that was waiting on lenovo, but couldn't wait this long) it's fine, I haven't had too many crashes just one when I tried to install avast antivirus, other than that it's a solid has the same specs as the lenovo, it's bigger and it's cheaper, $599 comes with the s-pen if you are on the fence, staples lets you try it for 14 days..with no restocking fee... it's not like if you buy it your trapped... lastly I replaced a laptop with it, and it runs better than my laptop, (which is not saying much because I had a $350 dollar toshiba win 7 laptop)

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    The ones at stores don't count. Too many people handle them and they might not get proper updates.
    I also bought the Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T from Staples and was pleasantly surprised. It worked as good as I'd hoped and then some. Really the experience was better than any netbook I've ever tried. Was very smooth playing video even with multiple videos open. I really liked being able to have multiple windows open at the same time. It did feel a bit too wide when holding it though and it did have a dead pixel, so I've returned it. And now I can't wait for the TPT2 to be released. I think that when these tablets come out and get reviewed, Windows RT will be forgotten about. No need for RT with these new Atom (Clover Trail) processors. I think that these Atom powered tablets will satisfy the majority of people who want a tablet type device to do normal, average every day things. And those that want "more" will have the Pro 64-bit tablets to fall back on.

This TPT2 is "THE" device I always wanted. I have owned 2 early netbooks and then the first three iPads. I sold the iPads and have ordered an iPad mini to use along side my TPT2. The Mini will go with me everywhere, but will mostly only be used when I'm in transit. The TPT2 will serve as my main PC at home & at work and will fill in those times when I need to do things that the "Mini" just can't. Finally a full desktop OS in a tablet with a complete set of ports. Can't wait.

The TPT2 is up for ordering on the New Zealand store now at:
    Lenovo Tablet PC

The wifi model is shown as shipping in 2 - 3 weeks the 3g model on 18th December.

I cant tell if either model includes the wacom digitizer.

So, how much does $999, transfer to US $?? J/K. at least we know it is out there. Hopefully, someone over there will give a review. I will be truely disappointed, if it runs into the same issues as I had with my HP Slate 500 and Win7, minor freezes and inaccurate "touch" capabilities. This the only Win 8 tablet that I had considered purchasing this year. All my notebooks are in great condition, don't need any more "portable" pcs, (according to my wife). I am holding out for it, and putting some cash away. even stopped my going to to lunch to save some cash.

Thread Information