Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

ThinkPad Tablet 2 with Windows 8 | Lenovo Catalog

Also 60% off accessories.

On second thought: it says First Units 40% off offer. Oh well, Units or Unit? Probably will need to call to find out.
    Last edited by nanotube80; 11-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.

sbl

After click the link on the Lenovo website, it seems that it is 40% off for the first unit.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by sbl View Post
    After click the link on the Lenovo website, it seems that it is 40% off for the first unit.
    Sorry but I cannot find the statement you're mentioning.

Edit : Guys, the "First Units" means you dont get the discount anytime you desire to buy two TPT2s. just first lot/batch of the units, first pre-orders get the 40 percent discount. at least I hope that means what I said lol
    Last edited by manuelcalavera; 11-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Those are for business with Lenovo reseller reps, I think, not general consumers.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    For what its worth I have the Samsung XE500T Clover trail based tablet and can confirm it runs 720p and surprisingly 1080p fine even when multitasking.
    Good news. Have you also tried it on an external monitor?
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TC1100 > HP TM2 > ThinkPad Helix or ThinkPad 10
    Lumia 625 > Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI benchmarks for TabletPCs
    ThinkPad 10: Compendium (tips, hacks, accessories)
    New User Guide for Samsung Series 7 Slate

Pen Pro - Senior Member

The GPU of the Atom clover trail is said to be between ipad2 and ipad3, and better than the Nvidia Tegra 3, but far behind ipad4.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    Good news. Have you also tried it on an external monitor?
    I have used a the mini hdmi with my 55inch and played a 1080p hdmi file (the matrix) and it plays perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazy View Post
    Those are for business with Lenovo reseller reps, I think, not general consumers.
    I can confirm this. I ordered two through a sales rep for our company. They will sell you up to two "demo" units for a discount. I got two with everything but LTE for $799 - $279 discount, comes out to about 35% off. I'm guessing the 40% off would be for the top model with LTE? I believe the wording was "up to 40% off" Now I'm just eagerly waiting for the distribution center to get some stock in!

Hi all

I went to a Microsoft showcase today and had a chance to have a hands on with the current crop of devices from most of the major vendors. As a result I have now pre-ordered the TPT2. It easily beat out the other options for my use case. Unfortunately the unit had run out of power so I didn't have a change to view its performance while inking.

In terms of why I've chosen this one, my list is:

1. It has a Wacom digitizer (apparently) which is essential for me. I have tried the n-trig devices and have vowed to never got back to these again. I live all day in OneNote taking notes and syncing them to my desktop. There were lots of machines with no digitizer or only n-trig pens.

2. It has a really nice form factor. Its one of the smallest devices - comparable to the Samsung Windows RT device or the MS Surface. This is great for me as I will use it as a writing slate, for content consumption and occasional productivity machine. I will continue to use a desktop for the long documents and other heavy work. I don't see any problems stepping down from my current Series 7 Slate which now feels big and heavy.

3. The look is great - very professional. Lenovo have avoided all the shiny aluminum and cheap plastic which appears on the other devices. My perception is that the unit is comparable to the MS Surface in build quality. This is a big plus for me, I don't want to be in meetings looking like I am using a laptop. I want the slate to disappear into the background as much as is possible. The smallest Fujitsu device also looked great but was n-trig.

Cheers

(x) / fashion

The only problem with the TPT2 is its keyboard-dock, which has a fixed angle and won't fold. I wish Lenovo addressed that.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TC1100 > HP TM2 > ThinkPad Helix or ThinkPad 10
    Lumia 625 > Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI benchmarks for TabletPCs
    ThinkPad 10: Compendium (tips, hacks, accessories)
    New User Guide for Samsung Series 7 Slate

Thread Information