Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Lenovo finally posted the date on their website for the ThinkPad Tablet 2: November 16, 2012

https://shop.lenovo.com/products/us/...ef-id=products

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Latranyi View Post
    Lenovo finally posted the date on their website for the ThinkPad Tablet 2: November 16, 2012

https://shop.lenovo.com/products/us/...ef-id=products
    Yes, I saw it. Just not sure if we place an order on 16, when can we get our hands on it?

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by nniitt View Post
    Yes, I saw it. Just not sure if we place an order on 16, when can we get our hands on it?
    Yes, by then the HP Envy X2 will be up for order (14-Nov) and the Samsung 500T should be in stock at Staples and OfficeDepot (and possibly Samsclub, Costco, and all the online spots). By 16-Nov it is going to be a little more crowded in the market. If Lenovo had them in stock and ready to go 26-Oct they would have done much better.

In retrospect, however, I am not sure what is going on with all the 'promised' tablets. Win 8 launch has come and gone and the only thing out there is Surface RT's and a handful of Samsung Ativ 500T's that seem to have dribbled out of Staples!
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix pressed into daily service as of 4-Aug-2014 - phenomenal cosmic power?
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my former main device - do I keep this or my V8P as my sidekick now
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    Yes, by then the HP Envy X2 will be up for order (14-Nov) and the Samsung 500T should be in stock at Staples and OfficeDepot (and possibly Samsclub, Costco, and all the online spots). By 16-Nov it is going to be a little more crowded in the market. If Lenovo had them in stock and ready to go 26-Oct they would have done much better.

In retrospect, however, I am not sure what is going on with all the 'promised' tablets. Win 8 launch has come and gone and the only thing out there is Surface RT's and a handful of Samsung Ativ 500T's that seem to have dribbled out of Staples!
    Well, DELL's new win8 atom tablet is going to ship on December. Not sure what is going on with all the 'promised' tablets, either.
    I;ll probably wait for the reviews of thinkpad tablet 2 and decide which one to buy (the atom tablet or i3/i5 tablet). Just a little bit concern about the clover trail cpu.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post

It also looks like a few Ativ Pros are available too. The only company to really make well on W8 beside MS is Sony with the Vaio Duo, but that's more of a slider(and Lenovo with the Yoga, but that lacks a digitzer). Odd, that only a few were able to get it out on time. I want to say it maybe an issue with Atom and drivers, but a few i core models seemed to be delayed too.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape View Post
    It also looks like a few Ativ Pros are available too. The only company to really make well on W8 beside MS is Sony with the Vaio Duo, but that's more of a slider(and Lenovo with the Yoga, but that lacks a digitzer). Odd, that only a few were able to get it out on time. I want to say it maybe an issue with Atom and drivers, but a few i core models seemed to be delayed too.
    Another issue is that very few of these new win8 tablets has cellular connectivity. Don;t know why. Definitely not a technical issue.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

TPT2 BT Keyboard is so thick, and thats annoying. makes me wonder if I'm gonna buy the TPT2 at all. If you look at the sleeve's dimension, you'll see that its depth is 27 mm. it means its gonna add at least 15mm to the tablet itself. I agree that its build quality will be superb but 25-26 mm is not thin ! some powerhouse laptops are even slimmer. Thing is TPT2 has no stand, so we're not able to buy any BT keyboard. We could use any slim BT keyboard on market if TPT2 had a stand.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    Thing is TPT2 has no stand, so we're not able to buy any BT keyboard. We could use any slim BT keyboard on market if TPT2 had a stand.
    The Tabook says otherwise.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bemymonkey View Post
    The Tabook says otherwise.

Dude thats a dock not a stand . Stand is what surface using at its back.

Im thinking about putting my tablet+keyboard in my bag like my books. The dock makes it worse. I need everything to remain thin.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - i5/8Gb
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Oh, you're referring to a kickstand (which is different from a stationary stand that would stay in place when you take your tablet - something for which the dock looks like it would work pretty well)... in that case, your only option may be a folio-type case that includes a kickstand.

Thread Information