Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    Some differences between the TPT2 and Ativ 500T that stick out:

• Ativ 500T: it has a foldable keyboard-dock; the keyboard allows for varying angles; the keyboard has a touchpad; ships with the Stylus; sells for $600 at Staples (without keyboard-dock).

• TPT2: the keyboard-dock has a trackpoint; the whole unit has business-class toughness; also a business-class customer service that operates from the U.S.; the Stylus seems to have an eraser (can anyone confirm?).
    Full disclosure: I was eyeing both but got the 500T because it's the only one available now.

Here are my notes after researching both:

TPT2 is same price with Ativ 500T. The Samsung has $50 off sale at Staples on launch date while we all know Lenovo never sells at actual msrp.

TPT2's price doesn't include a pen.

TPT2 is 10 inch, small screen.

TPT2's keyboard is Bluetooth based, kind like a dock, with the tablet just sitting on it, looks like a carryover from TPT1 design. This is too old school- need to detach tablet before folding flat for storage. Also BT keyboards are just $20 on amazon if I want one.

500T has the more modern transformer style keyboard. One can just close lid an go.

pmf
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

If you guys are curious about the actual SKUs that will be available, you can see it here in the Lenovo Solutions Center.

Sort by processor, select Intel Atom Z2760 and it will show the the MSRP and features of all the different SKUs. Fully loaded (Pen, 3G, NFC) is $1479.00 MSRP.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by nanotube80 View Post

TPT2's keyboard is Bluetooth based, kind like a dock, with the tablet just sitting on it, looks like a carryover from TPT1 design. This is too old school- need to detach tablet before folding flat for storage. Also BT keyboards are just $20 on amazon if I want one.
    500T has the more modern transformer style keyboard. One can just close lid an go.
    I prefer 10 inch because its means more PPI, and more PPI means sharper dipslay.

About keyboard, I prefer a not foldable keyboard with ThinkPad quality rather than cheap made foldable keyboard.

This means you have to know your needs and then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    I thought there was a SIM card slot under the little cover next to the micro-SD card slot. It is tough to remember with all the 'promised' stuff that isn't really available yet....sheesh. Where is the supposed onslaught of new devices?
    From the unboxing video, yes, there is sim card slot next to microSD, but I;m afraid at this moment none of samsung;s new win8 tablet has a 3g/4g connectivity. I'm wondering is it still worth buying the old model xe700t-h01us?

Quote Originally Posted by nanotube80 View Post
    Full disclosure: I was eyeing both but got the 500T because it's the only one available now.

Here are my notes after researching both:

TPT2 is same price with Ativ 500T. The Samsung has $50 off sale at Staples on launch date while we all know Lenovo never sells at actual msrp.

TPT2's price doesn't include a pen.

I don't care about the accessories (pens, BT keyboard) too much. I only care the design and quality of the tablet itself. It seems TPT2 is more solid than samsung's. Ativ 500T feels like more 'plastic' than TPTP2.

Does anyone know whether the ATOM clover trail is capable of playing 1080P video?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nniitt View Post
    Does anyone know whether the ATOM clover trail is capable of playing 1080P video?
    It is capable. But Im not sure about the file type. I mean its hard to tell whether it runs a 1080p MKV video , but it will run AVI/MP4.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - i5/8Gb
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    It is capable. But Im not sure about the file type. I mean its hard to tell whether it runs a 1080p MKV video , but it will run AVI/MP4.
    What about the 4th gen ipad with a6x processor? Is it able to play 1080P MKV video?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nniitt View Post
    What about the 4th gen ipad with a6x processor? Is it able to play 1080P MKV video?
    Smoothly. Ive tested it and it runs like a charm.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - i5/8Gb
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    Smoothly. Ive tested it and it runs like a charm.
    Haha, nice. .Do you have the old samsung win7 tablet model xe700t?

Thread Information