Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by BellevuePaul View Post
    So far no one has formally reviewed the tablet, and no one has seen a working keyboard (and lived to tell about it). So anything you read is speculation. There are several videos on YouTube, including at least 2 made by Lenovo, so the best information to answer your questions is there.

In my own opinion, 1080p may produce a slightly sharper video image. The tradeoff is that a tablet with that resolution will have significantly shorter battery life than normal HD. Also, when using regular Windows desktop applications on a 10" 1080p screen you would need to use the pen quite a lot, because a finger is much too large to click accurately. So those are two important tradeoffs to consider. If video resolution is more important than 10 hours of battery life, you might want a larger tablet or maybe a convertible like Yoga.

There is no way to know for sure now whether Clover Trail will be fast enough. No one has had the chance to really independently test this on any brand of tablet, so don't believe anyone's opinion on this until real independent reviews come out (next week, I hope). In theory the fact that Clover Trail has 4 threads should mean that the interaction with the device should be faster and smoother than the last version of Atom, because disk and network operations can be on separate threads from the GUI (all GUI operations remain on the same thread). But number-crunching in a single-threaded application (such as a VBA macro) won't be much faster than the old Atom. Excel worksheet recalculation and other MS Office operations use all 4 threads so they should be much faster than the previous version of Atom. So you have to consider this in light of your needs.

All of the sources I have seen say that the keyboard does not contain a battery. This makes sense since it is a bluetooth keyboard, designed to be used when not in physical contact with the tablet (when the tablet is in its dock, for example). For me, this is preferred since this would be my second computer, and therefore has to be off to the side of my desk where an attached keyboard is hard to reach. 10 hours of battery life in the tablet itself is pretty good, and I think it is all I would need, even on a long international flight. Your needs might be different. I suggest trying it out in a store before deciding (to see if you like the screen and colors), and read the independent reviews when they come out.
    I think using fingers with 1080p would not be that difficult if we change the DPI in the setting.
    About Clover Trail, I've read the Intel's statement that CPU has not changed and the change is only for GPU. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

I looked at Atom 2600 and it also has 4 threads like 2760 ( Clover Trail )

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    I looked at Atom 2600 and it also has 4 threads like 2760 ( Clover Trail )
    Thats why I'm checking out the Fujitsu q552. Would prefer the 16:10 screen, and I just missed getting one for $380.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
    Thats why I'm checking out the Fujitsu q552. Would prefer the 16:10 screen, and I just missed getting one for $380.

A Q552 for ~ $400 would be a steal. The only problem I have with W8 on my Slate 500 is the lack of a console for N-Trig's multitouch system. You can't select automatic mode without it.
    THINKPAD X301 | ASUS Note 8 | NOKIA 928

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsky View Post
    A Q552 for ~ $400 would be a steal. The only problem I have with W8 on my Slate 500 is the lack of a console for N-Trig's multitouch system. You can't select automatic mode without it.
    Yeah, I missed it by a day. And all the buy it now auctions on ebay are for close to a grand which makes no sense with the clover Trail tabs going for much less.

Will N-Trig ever update it for the Slate? The resolution on the Slate 500 is what kills it for me. I had 600 res on my Evo View and have 800 on my Tablet 8.9 and Optik. So anything less is unacceptable.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Just chatted with Lenovo online sales. The agent said the TPT2 will be available for order November 16.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Latranyi View Post
    Just chatted with Lenovo online sales. The agent said the TPT2 will be available for order November 16.
    Maybe it will show up at Staples for $600 too (like the Samsung Ativ).
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Its funny that it's been 2 days since there's a TPT2 datasheet in Lenovo's server but there's none in the website. ( you can google it )
    And the funnier thing is that the display is 5-finger multitouch and not 10. Not that I use all my fingers, but its kinda weird. No mention of Wacom, though there's no doubt that it's Wacom.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    Its funny that it's been 2 days since there's a TPT2 datasheet in Lenovo's server but there's none in the website. ( you can google it )
    And the funnier thing is that the display is 5-finger multitouch and not 10. Not that I use all my fingers, but its kinda weird. No mention of Wacom, though there's no doubt that it's Wacom.
    are you going to buy one?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nniitt View Post
    are you going to buy one?
    Its on top of my list.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - i5/8Gb
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U

Thread Information