X220T Pen Input Screen Edge Sensitivity? - Page 18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: X220T Pen Input Screen Edge Sensitivity?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
    Yeah, issue is definitely still there..
    and mine isn't just a bit off. the pen jumps around.. so like, if I hold the pen in one spot, anywhere on the bottom 1/4 inch of screen, it just bounces around like crazy, over about a 1/4" area....
    That sounds like a defect, maybe a shielding problem with the digitizer unit. If that were mine, I'd send it right back and request for a replacement.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tested out the digitizer pen with the x220t outdoor HD screen (gorilla glass)? People mentioned the x200 and x201 but i'm wonder if the x220t outdoor is different than the multi-touch.

I've ordered one with the outdoor screen, which is going to take a month to ship, but it seems clear to just go back to the x61 tablet and not deal with the hassle. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rikmant; 10-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rikmant View Post
    Has anyone tested out the digitizer pen with the x220t outdoor HD screen (gorilla glass)? People mentioned the x200 and x201 but i'm wonder if the x220t outdoor is different than the multi-touch.

I've ordered one with the outdoor screen, which is going to take a month to ship, but it seems clear to just go back to the x61 tablet and not deal with the hassle. Thanks in advance.
    see my posts on page 15.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmbiDextrose View Post
    That sounds like a defect, maybe a shielding problem with the digitizer unit. If that were mine, I'd send it right back and request for a replacement.
    I second your opinion.
    HP TC4400 - T7600, Wifi Link 5100 (modded BIOS), Momentun XT 500GB, crazy undervolting - retired
    3.4 pound slate based on a TC4400

Asus vivotab note 8 64GB

Pen Pal - Newbie

Your time is worth more than this.

I sent my x220 back and picked up a used x61 with pen and touch on Ebay for $200. I added an SSD, 4GB of RAM and a wireless N card, and the thing flies. Really, it's very usable, faste even, for photoshop, illustrator... everything.

For those of you on the fence, I have zero regrets in stepping back. The x61's screen works as it should, and it really is a more comfortable form factor: feels smaller and the 4:3 screen is a better drawing surface. The battery (9 cell) gives me 4-5 hours, same as I was getting with the x220. The only thing that feels like a step back is screen brightness, but that can't hold a candle to the joys of a working pen.

Dump your x220. Really. You will not regret it.

Listen, I spent my time with Lenovo support, hours of it. I searched and posted and recalibrated and threw my heart into making this broken machine work. I wanted to love it. Lenovo built it flawed. Period. Yours was built flawed too.

Vote with your dollars by buying the last X series tablet Lenovo really nailed, or a competitor's machine. And post here and in Lenovo's community that you did it. Carefull, don't make it a call to action of the Lenovo forum police will censor you. Just state that you, as an individual, could no longer wait and went another direction.

We need this company to understand that it can't waste our time this way. We need Lenovo to get back to building machines worth our time.

Dump your x220. Vote with your dollars by buying the last X series tablet Lenovo really nailed. We need this company to understand that it can't waste our time this way.
    Last edited by treptrek; 11-04-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Lenovo's community censored me. I brough that post back here, where I actually have voice.

Scribbler - Standard Member

So Lenovo has really started to heavily clamp down and censor the thread in the forum. Fortunately I have instant email notifications so I do not lose them. This is what was censored today

"Okay, this has gone on way too long. I've filed an official complaint with the BBB, and I suggest everybody else reading this thread do the same. Apparently the only way Lenovo will do something about this is if it affects their bottom line - so let's make it do just that. I've also contacted a friend of mine who works at CNN about this whole situation. He's not exactly anderson cooper, but he's read through this thread and is going to do what he can to get the story sent up through the chain of command and noticed by someone with the power to put this in the media, so people can know how dishonestly and apathetically Lenovo treats its customers. Again, if anybody reading this has similar contacts/connections (preferably better than mine, which aren't great) to news media or better yet, respected technology news sources like PC Magazine, or online sources like Lifehacker, Gizmodo or Gawker, please use them. Make sure everyone who might soon be buying a computer/laptop/tablet know that Lenovo has some of the worst customer service around, and they should take their business elsewhere. Add me to the ever growing list of people who will never buy a Lenovo product again, and I've told all my family and friends to do the same.
    "

Lenovo is going way too far in the censoring duties.
    Five months of empty promises that the problem would be fixed.

In protest of how Lenovo is handling this situation, any messages that Lenovo censors will be posted here. I think everyone deserves to see them.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks treptrek. I'm doing the exact same thing. The digitzer pen issue seems to affect all the x200's. I'd rather have a working pen than a new machine and a bad product.

I'm curious on the SSD, can you share which one you bought that worked with the BIOS? I can also PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by treptrek View Post

I sent my x220 back and picked up a used x61 with pen and touch on Ebay for $200. I added an SSD, 4GB of RAM and a wireless N card, and the thing flies. Really, it's very usable, faste even, for photoshop, illustrator... everything.

For those of you on the fence, I have zero regrets in stepping back. The x61's screen works as it should, and it really is a more comfortable form factor: feels smaller and the 4:3 screen is a better drawing surface. The battery (9 cell) gives me 4-5 hours, same as I was getting with the x220. The only thing that feels like a step back is screen brightness, but that can't hold a candle to the joys of a working pen.

Dump your x220. Really. You will not regret it.

Listen, I spent my time with Lenovo support, hours of it. I searched and posted and recalibrated and threw my heart into making this broken machine work. I wanted to love it. Lenovo built it flawed. Period. Yours was built flawed too.

Vote with your dollars by buying the last X series tablet Lenovo really nailed, or a competitor's machine. And post here and in Lenovo's community that you did it. Carefull, don't make it a call to action of the Lenovo forum police will censor you. Just state that you, as an individual, could no longer wait and went another direction.

We need this company to understand that it can't waste our time this way. We need Lenovo to get back to building machines worth our time.

Dump your x220. Vote with your dollars by buying the last X series tablet Lenovo really nailed. We need this company to understand that it can't waste our time this way.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using an OCZ Vertex 2 128GB. These were on a fire sale a few weeks ago. Because of the x61s cap on SATA speeds, I believe you should buy for capacity rather than speed. The speed difference is night and day; my SSD enhanced x61t feels subjectively faster than the x220 I just sent back.

Mine initially had a bad habit of failing to boot, and I realized that tapping outside the drive fixed the problem. As a result I folded some paper and stuck it inside the drive bay, between the black drive cover and the drive, forcing the drive in just a fraction of an inch more. It now works without a hitch.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Are we allowed to discuss legal options in threads here, or is it against the rules?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by driekus View Post
    Are we allowed to discuss legal options in threads here, or is it against the rules?
    Moderators - please let us know whether we can use this forum for checking more options than just wait, indefinetly, for lenovo to come up with a fix.

Thread Information