Case for X220T

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Case for X220T

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Case for X220T

Hey Ya'll,

For all ya'll X220T owners out there, which case are you guys using with it?

I'm looking for something that'll give it a tight fit so it won't slide around.
    DT: Athlon II X4, Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, HD 6970
    SP3
    Lumia 1020

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Case for X220T

I ordered this one: Amazon.com: Caselogic PLS-13 Neoprene 13.3-Inch Neoprene Laptop Sleeve (Black): Computer & Accessories

Hasn't arrived yet but I can let you know how it fits! I wanted one that was pretty cheap, and would have a little pocket to carry around the plug. No matter how long the battery lasts, I still like to have power for my laptop available just in case

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I picked a couple carrying cases today.

I got this for Caselogic one for $30 at my local Micro Center: Amazon.com: Case Logic VNA214 14.1-Inch Laptop Attache (Black): Clothing

Then I got a Samsonite one from Fry's, also $30. FRYS.com*|*SAMSONITE . The Samsonite model number is 938925, for some reason I can't find it on Samsonite's website.

Both cases fits the X220T very well. There isn't any extra space in there that allows the X220T to shift around. I'm going to keep the Caselogic one. The reason is because it has more pockets than the Samsonite. Size-wise, the Caselogic is slighty wider. But the extra pockets and compartments is worth it. With the Samsonite bag, if I want to carry the AC adapter and cord and mouse, it'll be too tight.
    DT: Athlon II X4, Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, HD 6970
    SP3
    Lumia 1020

Received my Caselogic 13.3 inch sleeve today! It fits perfectly and I really like it! There's no sliding around at all and the inside seems pretty nice and soft. Would recommend it since it's at a great price too!

Pen Pal - Newbie

My SO bought the X220 (not tablet version). My tablet is on it's way from CostCentral hopefully tomorrow *crosses fingers*.

He bought this sleeve: Amazon.com: Zeroshock III 13-inch Widescreen Notebook Case: Office Products

It fits the X220 perfectly. And it's memory-foam filled, so a little more protection there. I'd go that route if purchasing a sleeve.

I got the 51J0476 'ThinkPad 12W Case Sleeve' for an x220T direct from Lenovo. They were selling it cheaper direct from the NZ website than some sellers on ebay [sigh]. I was looking for a compromise as I have both the 6 cell battery and also the extended slice battery. Clearly, a case that fitted too well with one would not be a great fit with the other. This 51J0476 has turned out great however. Its a little tight when both batteries on and a little loose when just the 6 cell is on but quite acceptable. Its a basic sleeve, so don't expect much protection. But as a sleeve, to protect the unit when it is inside my backback or rucksack, its ideal. Low cost, does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by chanakin View Post
    My SO bought the X220 (not tablet version). My tablet is on it's way from CostCentral hopefully tomorrow *crosses fingers*.

He bought this sleeve: Amazon.com: Zeroshock III 13-inch Widescreen Notebook Case: Office Products

It fits the X220 perfectly. And it's memory-foam filled, so a little more protection there. I'd go that route if purchasing a sleeve.
    This is the way to go for great protection. There all black ones too. I always recommend this case.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220T | 12.5" 1366x768 Multitouch | Core i5-2520M 2.5Ghz | 8GB RAM | X220 Ultrabase | LG L227WTG 22" | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | Intel 160GB G2 SSD | GTX 460 x1.1Opt

Function over Form

I have been a big fan of waterfield bags. I've had one for the hp slate 2, samsung s7s, and have one for my x220t. It's the sleeve version:

Laptop Sleeve - Notebook Sleeve - Computer Sleeve - Laptop Case - Windows - Linux - Android - TSA Checkpoint Friendly | SFBags - WaterField Designs

Very nice sleeve, and of the highest quality. I have no doubts it will do and continue to do what it was designed too. If you have the 3 cell battery you can easily get away with a much smaller sleeve.

2d
    Current Mobile:
    Lenovo x230 - i5, 16gb RAM, 256 ssd, 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, w8 pro x64
    Lenovo X220t - i7-2620M, 16gb RAM, 80gb ssd, 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, w8 pro x64
    Past:
    OQO 01, 02 RIP, Fujitsu P1510d (Still have but not using) ,Acer 1825ptz, Samsung Series 7 Slate - A01 & A03, HP Slate 2, MS Surface Pro 128gb, MS Surface Pro 2 4gb/128gb, Lenovo Thinkpad 8 - 64gb

Thread Information