x220t owners - Page 25

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: x220t owners

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: x220t owners

Stumbled across this forum while randomly browsing the web, as we all do.

Ordered my x220t, should be here by Weds of this week. I'm super excited, as this is my first full blown tablet. I'm a student, and have been looking for a digital alternative to pen and paper for my economics courses, but I never found a viable alternative until now.

Currently have an iPad as well, but it just can't do what a full PC can, and it's stylus writing is horrible.

Model: 4289W2S
    i5-2520M

Standard stuff is included, 6-cell, fingerprint, HD webcam, wifi, 4gb ram and 320gb HD.

Cost for unit: $1065 (including shipping, sold to me new in box, not used)

Used Newegg to get a full 8gb of ram ($65) and a 500gb 7200 rpm HD ($89) for the unit when it gets here.

My XPS died before the end of last semester, after looking it up, video card failure.... the nvidia 8600M failed on me I believe. Lasted me a good three years though, typical for a dell. Stupid cheap components... it came with generic korean ram, that crap went right out the window.

Anyway, I've heard great things about ThinkPads, and I'm excited to get my first one. I'm sure the community will be of great help with any problems I may run into.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirerodent View Post

Ordered my x220t, should be here by Weds of this week. I'm super excited, as this is my first full blown tablet. I'm a student, and have been looking for a digital alternative to pen and paper for my economics courses, but I never found a viable alternative until now.

Currently have an iPad as well, but it just can't do what a full PC can, and it's stylus writing is horrible.

i5-2520M

Standard stuff is included, 6-cell, fingerprint, HD webcam, wifi, 4gb ram and 320gb HD.

Used Newegg to get a full 8gb of ram ($65) and a 500gb 7200 rpm HD ($89) for the unit when it gets here.

My XPS died before the end of last semester, after looking it up, video card failure.... the nvidia 8600M failed on me I believe. Lasted me a good three years though, typical for a dell. Stupid cheap components... it came with generic korean ram, that crap went right out the window.

Anyway, I've heard great things about ThinkPads, and I'm excited to get my first one. I'm sure the community will be of great help with any problems I may run into.
    Sorry to disappoint you already, but you'll have to pray you don't have problems with the pen on the edge of the screen as most of us do.

I thought Dell fix the failed GPU for you for free after a class action law suit.

Never heard of Korean generic ram. What brand is it? I only know Samsung and Hynix, and they are well known brands up with the top tiers.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hp79 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you already, but you'll have to pray you don't have problems with the pen on the edge of the screen as most of us do.

I thought Dell fix the failed GPU for you for free after a class action law suit.

Never heard of Korean generic ram. What brand is it? I only know Samsung and Hynix, and they are well known brands up with the top tiers.
    The Dell class action suit period ended BEFORE my XPS died. It never had a problem until about 3.2 years after I bought it. I never ran it that hard anyway, but it totally bummed me out that I couldn't get it fixed through dell.

Probably never should have bought a dell laptop, but I'll never do that again anyway. I don't trust their desktops anyway since I build my own systems.

I don't remember what company it was, but it had korean writing on it, yes i'm sure it was korean too. I threw that out and stuck in some mushkin ram. worked great until it died. Took the old 320 gb hd out and stuck it in an external casing and voila, external HD #3.

I'm sure there's a link or thread somewhere that has the list of drivers for the x220t and a list of softwarel so far i've found this: Useful Software

Scribbler - Standard Member

got everything working yesterday. everything is to my liking, and its nice to have a complete computer with full functionality

also, OneNote is one AWESOME application
    X220T ~ Core i7-2620M ~ 8GB DDR3-1333 ~ Intel 320 SSD 160GB ~ Advanced-N 6205 ~ Webcam ~ Fingerprint Reader

Pen Pro - Senior Member

@shayes,

congrats on the machine. OneNote is great indeed!

How is the digitizer input?
    It would be awesome if you could you grab a ruler (!!) and draw some diagonal lines (in oneNote i.e) across the screen borders... like this:

a screenshot of this might give us a good idea if there are actally some x220t out there that are not flawed.
    Thanks.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirerodent View Post

i5-2520M

Wow, where did you find that deal (1065$)? I'm looking to buy and I can't find that anywhere.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by randfee View Post
    @shayes,

congrats on the machine. OneNote is great indeed!

How is the digitizer input?
    It would be awesome if you could you grab a ruler (!!) and draw some diagonal lines (in oneNote i.e) across the screen borders... like this:

a screenshot of this might give us a good idea if there are actally some x220t out there that are not flawed.
    Thanks.
    ill do this next time i have it out, but i can confirm that my tablet does have the edge sensitivity problem.
    X220T ~ Core i7-2620M ~ 8GB DDR3-1333 ~ Intel 320 SSD 160GB ~ Advanced-N 6205 ~ Webcam ~ Fingerprint Reader

Pen Pro - Senior Member

well the upper screenshot is from a Fujitsu T901, the X220T usually shows a behavior more like this:

Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a tm2t up until recently when I accidently killed it (thankfully I had a square trade warranty on it). So I ordered a X220T 4298 CTO.

So far it has been pretty good. I have noticed the screen edge issue on my model and will be complaining to lenovo in the next few days. I have noticed an improvement when I completely uninstalled the lenovo drivers and let windows do its thing after a reboot.

I created a custom battery profile that cuts the cpu back to as low as possible and a screen brightness of 8/9. This profile is meant for taking notes in One Note and I get about 6 hours of use when I have a decent wifi signal in the room. Impressive, I will probably end up getting the slice in the next few months for all day school work.

Pen Pal - Newbie

just got my tablet today. seems to be pretty interesting, considering this is my first convertible tablet.

Questions: Is the lenovo HD's size specific for their laptops?

Are there better or more "preferred" drivers for the pen / touch input? I'm hearing a lot about the wacom bamboo drivers.

Is there a thread somewhere about "blotware" I can/should delete, or about which programs I need?

Thanks.

Thread Information