Windows 7 Clean Install Instructions for x61t - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Windows 7 Clean Install Instructions for x61t

UPDATE!
    I'm trying the new driver from Wacom

Tablet PC - Software

Till now, the pen/mouse freeze problem did not appear....
    The Touch option now very bad and cannot be calibrated, but I don't use touch... Pen is working great now!

Hopefully this will stay like This! :-)

AZ

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Hey HP79,

I have the exact same issue with my Tablet using Onenote 2007 on a W7 64 bit platform. Randomly it will freeze and the only way to unlock is CTR-ALT-DEL then click on task manager (do you notice that the first click doesn't work and then click again and it does!!!)

Been searching all over for a fix to this, downloaded latest Lenovo drivers etc but no joy.

Have you fixed your issue yet?

Cheers,
    If I remember correctly, after a Win7 fresh install, I skipped an optional Winows Update for wacomm digitizer which stopped giving me problems. I actually made that hidden so I don't accidentally install that.

Then later on when I was using PFD Annotator, I noticed weird 1/4th size of icons following my pointer when I'm using my digitizer. I got tired of seeing that and then decided to go back to the factory original Vista Business using the recovery disc. I'm really pissed at how much time I had to spend with the digitizer/mouse click freezing problem.

Before the end of my 3 year warranty in June 2010, I sent my tablet couple times back and forth trying to fix this if it is a hardware problem. Lenovo wasn't able to fix it, instead I ended up with a screen replacement, followed by lid, palmrest, hinge, keyboard bezel replacement. The screen was the first thing that was replaced, but then they left so many scratches and marks, I complained and they replaced all the plastics and covers I mentioned. By the way, the screen is much better in contrast and color compared to the original from June 2007. I placed another 3M Vikuiti screen protector on. When I first saw the new screen, I noticed the color difference and I didn't see the thin layer anymore. So I thought they replaced it with a non-touch panel. But it was indeed the multitouch version. I wish they just replaced it with a non-multitouch, then it might have no problems with the digitizer.

Now I kind forgot the anger and frustration, I want to try Win7 again. Vista SP2 still crashes often, and is kind of slow even with intel x25m SSD and SATA2 bios. I'm on Vista since 11/18/2010 with reliability monitor scoring 7.14.

I guess most users who is following this install guide doesn't have multi-touch screen, or if they do, they don't use the digitizer.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Several people have asked why the buttons were not working on their x61s under windows 7. Mine also did not work, until I reinstalled the drivers in the order specified in this thread. All of a sudden, the buttons work fine!

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by llewyn View Post
    Several people have asked why the buttons were not working on their x61s under windows 7. Mine also did not work, until I reinstalled the drivers in the order specified in this thread. All of a sudden, the buttons work fine!
    Great to hear that. Did you install Win 7 64 or 32 bit? With SP1 integrated build or another?

Thread Information