X200 Tablet: Clean Install

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default X200 Tablet: Clean Install

Okay, so I finally received my X200 tablet and attempted a clean install. Everything was fine until I ran into some problems...

I followed stallen's guide to the "T", but now I...

(1) get NO sound!! - tried uninstalling the audio driver and reinstalling. Nothing. Anybody with any thoughts on this. I feel I tried everything and searched for a resolution but found none so far.

(2) Bluetooth hardware NOT found. I could not find the driver. I could not turn it on nor when I installed thinkvantage connection manager would it be recognized. Tried installing the software and was hoping it would pick-up the BT hardware. No Luck.

(3) Integrated card reader. Where is the driver for this? Is it the same as the modem driver? If so, I'm good. I don't have an express card to try it out so not sure if it's functioning properly. And where IS it in the hardware and devices?

Someone please help! Thanks!

Default Re: X200 Tablet: Clean Install

Hi overfiend06,
    To begin, since you didn't mention what OS you are using I will give you my info which is 32 Bit Vista-Business SP1. Not all the drivers are the same for Vista or XP or the Tablet Ed.

1.) Can't really help you on this one, sorry.

2.) The bluetooth drivers I have were in two parts. The first set I am guessing came with the drivers supplied by Lenovo. The First one I got from their website 7zbv03ww and the other one which enables the device, 7vbm02ww. The other part came when I connected my TILT phone . When it first connected I was told to wait while it downloaded drivers to work with it.

3.) This one I did not on their site as a standalone driver. The driver reports to the Ericsson F3507g Mobile Broadband Minicard PC SC Port so I am guessing it comes with the Wireless LAN, 7vwv23ww and/or Wireless WAN (HSPA) driver for Vodafone and AT&T, 7uwc24ww and of course the ThinkVantage Access Connections, and be sure to look down on this page for other links to required Wireless adapters (Mini PCI) drivers.

I'm not sure what you mean by Hardware & Devices, but in Device Manager there is a branch for it labeled, Smart Card Readers

Hope this helps. Good Luck
    Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 (1.86GHz, 6MB L2, 1066MHz)
    32bit Vista Business
    12.1" WideView MultiTouch
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
    3 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN
    Intel WiFi Link 5300 (AGN)
    Integrated AT&T Mobile Broadband (3G)
    ThinkPad X200 Tablet 4 Cell Li-Ion Battery

Thank you for your response. Yeah, it's the 64-bit Windwos Vista SP1. Forgot to mention that.

I will try that BT suggestion you made. As far as the integrated card reader, I am revering to the 5-1 card reader Express Slot with modem. The AT&T WLAN, I've already downloaded those drivers buy have not tested them out yet. Will try it out later.

My biggest worry is the sound. I use it more than the other 2 devices so it's really frustrating when a vital component of your PC is not working.

Will continue to search for an answer...if anyone knows what may be going on. Please let me know...thx!

Installing the BT does not work. Neither the support file or the software will work. It says it cannot detect my BT because it is not on. And I have no way of turning it on either. So I am not sure what to do...?

Nevermind. Thanks for your help. I got them both to work now.

Okay. Everything seems fine....

But now I am trying the headphones and I get NO sound. The speakers work fine and when I plug in my headphones, the sound still comes from the speakers.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I tried searching for the answer, but no luck and installing the audio driver results in a failure of the device. ?

Is there anyone out there with experience with a clean install on their X200 Tablet...?
    Lenovo X200 Tablet | 7449-EKU | Multiview/Multitouch | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 1.86GHz C2D | 4GB RAM | 2Gb Turbo Memory | 500GB 7200 rpm HDD | 12.1" WXGA | Intel 5100 a/b/g/n wireless | Verizon Broadband Card

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Don't want to make you feel stupid, but are you sure you are using the headphone jack??

Make sure you use the headphone jack (Green), and not the microphone jack (Red).

It should work fine, and properly mute the internal speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlumpkin View Post
    Don't want to make you feel stupid, but are you sure you are using the headphone jack??

Make sure you use the headphone jack (Green), and not the microphone jack (Red).
    haha...none taken. Yes, I made sure I plugged it in the green jack. I even plugged it into the other jack to make sure too, but still nothing....

It should work fine, and properly mute the internal speakers.
    How do I do that? And why do I have to do this? Shouldn't my headphones work by simply plugging them in...?
    Lenovo X200 Tablet | 7449-EKU | Multiview/Multitouch | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 1.86GHz C2D | 4GB RAM | 2Gb Turbo Memory | 500GB 7200 rpm HDD | 12.1" WXGA | Intel 5100 a/b/g/n wireless | Verizon Broadband Card

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Yes your headphones should work just by plugging them in. The muting of the internal speakers should be automatic.

Best guess is that you failed to install some driver. I don't know which one (I just tweaked the factory install). I would install the Lenovo update manager and see what pops up when you run it.

I would install the Lenovo update manager and see what pops up when you run it.
    Where do I find this?

Tried to google it, but didn't find anything.

Thread Information