X200 Tablet: Clean Install - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: X200 Tablet: Clean Install

Quote Originally Posted by overfiend06 View Post
    So were you able to get the screen to rotate in all four sides when you flipped it?? Cause I could only get it to flip to the primary's and not the secondary screens....

Any ideas on how to fix it...?
    Yes I could get it to rotate to all four. I thought maybe there was a menu for setting it but I could find one. I am not sure why you would want to disable some of the screens but there still might be a setting.

You mentioned that you were considering re installing Access Connection. Does the active rotate something to do with it?
    Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 (1.86GHz, 6MB L2, 1066MHz)
    32bit Vista Business
    12.1" WideView MultiTouch
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
    3 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN
    Intel WiFi Link 5300 (AGN)
    Integrated AT&T Mobile Broadband (3G)
    ThinkPad X200 Tablet 4 Cell Li-Ion Battery

Quote Originally Posted by man_unit View Post
    Yes I could get it to rotate to all four. I thought maybe there was a menu for setting it but I could find one. I am not sure why you would want to disable some of the screens but there still might be a setting.

You mentioned that you were considering re installing Access Connection. Does the active rotate something to do with it?
    Well after my Clean Install, I have not been able to get my screen to rotate in all directions. It is not cause I disabled them, but because I've lost some setting or function that will allow me TO rotate them.

And I've read on different forums that Access Connections can interfere with ActiveRotate, so un-installing could potentially fix my problem but I'd rather not do that since I use the Access Connections quite often.

So I'm trying to figure out a way I can rotate my screen in all directions, but I am stuck at the moment....
    Lenovo X200 Tablet | 7449-EKU | Multiview/Multitouch | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 1.86GHz C2D | 4GB RAM | 2Gb Turbo Memory | 500GB 7200 rpm HDD | 12.1" WXGA | Intel 5100 a/b/g/n wireless | Verizon Broadband Card

Well after my Clean Install, I have not been able to get my screen to rotate in all directions. It is not cause I disabled them, but because I've lost some setting or function that will allow me TO rotate them.

And I've read on different forums that Access Connections can interfere with ActiveRotate, so un-installing could potentially fix my problem but I'd rather not do that since I use the Access Connections quite often.

So I'm trying to figure out a way I can rotate my screen in all directions, but I am stuck at the moment....
    Ditto.

I haven't had any luck either these past few days. I am trying to back track and see where I picked up the functionality and I cannot replicate the active rotate. I never knew the X200T had so I am trying to remember on my last install the steps I had chosen. As of now the option is grayed out for me. Later tonight I am going to work on it a little more and see.

*side note, I really wish I had figured out had to install from a USB. Would make the repetitive installs less time consuming
    32bit Vista Business
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN

Yeah, I figured after the first clean install to put everything on USB. Helps out tremendously!!

As for ActiveRoate to work you need these two programs:
    1. Tablet shortcut menu
    2. Lenovo Active Protective System (64-bit)(32-bit)

Once you install these, the ActiveRotate should be accessible now.
    Lenovo X200 Tablet | 7449-EKU | Multiview/Multitouch | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 1.86GHz C2D | 4GB RAM | 2Gb Turbo Memory | 500GB 7200 rpm HDD | 12.1" WXGA | Intel 5100 a/b/g/n wireless | Verizon Broadband Card

Yeah, I figured after the first clean install to put everything on USB. Helps out tremendously!!

1. Tablet shortcut menu

Thank you You saved hours of my life.

Now please tell me how to boot from a USB stick. I have tried about every method I found online to no avail
    32bit Vista Business
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN

Quote Originally Posted by man_unit View Post
    Thank you You saved hours of my life.

Now please tell me how to boot from a USB stick. I have tried about every method I found online to no avail
    My guess is that you have to change the settings in your BIOS to look at the USB port before checking the hard drive for a bootable OS.

Well I have it set to boot from USB but maybe I am not choosing the right one. I think there is a USB HDD and something else. I'll double check and/or try again.

I was thinking it was possibly something to do with the issue that I cannot get my thumb drive set as anything other than removable media. I had read that Vista won't boot from that but following all the steps posted at various websites made no difference.
    32bit Vista Business
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN

Have you tried this:

http://www.techmixer.com/install-win...-memory-drive/

I have not done a usb boot. I only put all the necessary drivers and programs that I need after a clean install. Which would be after I booted from the D:/ drive...

So sorry can't help you there, but maybe the link will work. Just never tried it.

Pen Pal - Newbie

1. Tablet shortcut menu

Hi,

I have done a clean Windows XP install on my X200t. I have installed almost everything on the Lenovo site listed for X200t:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-70656

I was able to setup the active rotate function following the driver in the quotes. Now when I flip into tablet mode, screen rotates 90 degrees. I think there are also some extra settings for autorotate function in the software installed.

My only problem is, the special tablet buttons under the screen are not working. I tried hitting the lock/unlock key, but it didn't work.

Which driver should I install?

Thank you in advance.

Tablet Lead Mod (Retired)

Lenovo Active Protection has nothing to do w/ rotation, re the buttons you need to install the tablet buttons driver

32 bit & 64 bit

I do not respond to PM's or emails for personal support.
    Please direct your queries to the appropriate forums, our community is willing & able to help!

Thread Information