X200 Tablet: Clean Install - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: X200 Tablet: Clean Install

Quote Originally Posted by man_unit View Post
    I think I finally tracked down the auto-rotate.

The executable is ScreenRotation.exe. It was located c:SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\TBUTIL\. I'm guessing this is the default location or a glitch I had when it was downloaded. There are lots of other drivers in there as well. It is odd since the ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs...s/7wgd15ww.txt online says the default is C:\DRIVERS\WIN\TBUTIL. I didn't have the WIN folder <---no jokes about my lack of WIN

Anyway, I think it is the LENTBCTL.exe (tablet shortcut menu) unpacked driver I ran to get the display to rotate.

Once I figure it for sure I'll come back and post it. I guess for now you can find this program and see for yourself

EDIT: the correct location is C:\DRIVERS\WIN\TBUTIL, and was enabled when I ran the Tablet Shortcut Menu program.
    Thanks man_unit for your response.

But since I've installed the tablet shortcut menu, the screen still does not auto-rotate. And the drivers do not appear in the locations you stated. I used the ThinkVantage System Update and it installed the tablet shortcut menu somewhere, I am not sure where tho...

Also when I tried to download the driver from lenovo's website, the file is missing. Don't know why either....

Any suggestions...
    Lenovo X200 Tablet | 7449-EKU | Multiview/Multitouch | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 1.86GHz C2D | 4GB RAM | 2Gb Turbo Memory | 500GB 7200 rpm HDD | 12.1" WXGA | Intel 5100 a/b/g/n wireless | Verizon Broadband Card

Quote Originally Posted by overfiend06 View Post

Any suggestions...
    Have you called Lenovo? Your system came with tech support - why not use it?

Quote Originally Posted by yeah-yeah View Post
    Have you called Lenovo? Your system came with tech support - why not use it?
    Never thought about it. I can sure give it a try tho...

I'll get back to you later and let you know what they said...
    Lenovo X200 Tablet | 7449-EKU | Multiview/Multitouch | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 1.86GHz C2D | 4GB RAM | 2Gb Turbo Memory | 500GB 7200 rpm HDD | 12.1" WXGA | Intel 5100 a/b/g/n wireless | Verizon Broadband Card

Thanks man_unit for your response.

But since I've installed the tablet shortcut menu, the screen still does not auto-rotate. And the drivers do not appear in the locations you stated. I used the ThinkVantage System Update and it installed the tablet shortcut menu somewhere, I am not sure where tho...

Also when I tried to download the driver from lenovo's website, the file is missing. Don't know why either....

Any suggestions...
    I saw that the driver was missing but the reason for the driver revision is telling, at least for me. That's why i posted the file name so even if mine is messed up you should still have a file named screenrotation.exe. The only thing you can do is install the previous version. The link for it is toward the bottom of the page under the section, Version Information. I tried it and it still gave me an executable.

I did another R&R install this weekend trying to find some missing software and I just looked at where the file I mentioned is and its in the first location, c:SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\TBUTIL\ .

I posted in another thread that I am going to try and get my recovery disk because my image (the one on the laptop that was shipped) has possibly some errors. If I can get some disks (correct ones this time ) then I will try this again. One of the main reasons I keep doing this is I haven't found a way to determine what is the correct order of apps/drivers to install. Some of them specify what needs to be installed before something else will work but I haven't run across a step-by-step. If someone has seen one then please let me know

And now I see that the Tablet Shortcut Menu needs to be tweeked for the very same reason; which makes sense to me because they do not have an unattended complete install process. There were at least two times during the R&R install I had to click a button that said something like," One or more of your programs needs to reboot to finish installing. Is it continuing to install while it waits for me to click?

Anyway, regardless of where my Screenrotation.exe program goes you should still have one as well. Right now I am working on doing a USB install so I will again be blanking this laptop and I will map the drives after each install and hopefully double check the program is installed with the Tablet Shortcut Menu.
    Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 (1.86GHz, 6MB L2, 1066MHz)
    32bit Vista Business
    12.1" WideView MultiTouch
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
    3 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN
    Intel WiFi Link 5300 (AGN)
    Integrated AT&T Mobile Broadband (3G)
    ThinkPad X200 Tablet 4 Cell Li-Ion Battery

Okay I got the screen to auto-rotate.

Now I am having trouble with active-rotate. My x200t does not got into secondary landscape or portrait due to my configuration settings....

Does anybody know the correct config settings to fix this? I looked on various threads and they did not help. The only thing I did not try was uninstalling my Access Connections. Is there some way around this?

Also I called lenovo support and they are of no help. The guy is totally clueless....

Some of them specify what needs to be installed before something else will work but I haven't run across a step-by-step. If someone has seen one then please let me know
    I can try to post my step-by-step once I can get the kinks out. I think this active-rotate thing is my last problem....(hopefully)

Okay I got the screen to auto-rotate.

Now I am having trouble with active-rotate. My x200t does not got into secondary landscape or portrait due to my configuration settings....

Does anybody know the correct config settings to fix this? I looked on various threads and they did not help. The only thing I did not try was uninstalling my Access Connections. Is there some way around this?

Also I called lenovo support and they are of no help. The guy is totally clueless....

If your are talking about the feature where the screen turns when you take the tablet and rotate it around and the tablet screen 'follows along'; I think that was on the X61T. As far as I know and heard I don't think X200T does. Mine never has and I just used the recovery disks from Lenovo and did they full R&R on my machine and it doesn't do this.

I went to the lenovo site and saw the flash animation but I thought that was for the X61, just like the NavDial. Its very misleading. If you watch the "View X Series Tablet Video" they aren't showing the X200T.

If in fact we are supposed to have this feature then I am going to be livid that chose not to have it active by default. Every other program is set to 'run' when I boot up

Now you are saying that you have it partially??
    Last edited by man_unit; 03-14-2009 at 08:11 AM.
    32bit Vista Business
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN

Now you are saying that you have it partially??
    Precisely! This is a feature of the x200t. It is called ActiveRotate. It is part of the settings in the Tablet Shortcut Menu. I'm surprised that you did not see it, since you were the one to tell me about the AutoRotate function in there.

Is yours grayed out or not functioning?

Is yours grayed out or not functioning?
    No, the box just wasn't checked And yes I'm an idiot

As for your question about the configuration when I checked the box and hit the apply button it started the calibration. I didn't see a place to enable certain ones or not. Here is a screen shot of what I have checked. Again I only checked Enable active rotate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31956544@N07/3354816506/
    32bit Vista Business
    160GB HDD, 7200rpm
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN

So were you able to get the screen to rotate in all four sides when you flipped it?? Cause I could only get it to flip to the primary's and not the secondary screens....

Any ideas on how to fix it...?

Thread Information