tx2z As Seen On TV!

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default tx2z As Seen On TV!

So this is a screen shot from one of those new Windows ads which I saw during the Villanova - Carolina game with a person going computer shoping at a Frye's. So this guy is looking at the tx2z and seems to consider it but ends up getting some other HP model. Not only that, they don't even mention the fact that the tx2z is a convertable tablet. Not cool!

Really though, Microsoft could have shown off a tablet to millions of people with this ad. I'm amazed by how many people still ooh and aah at my tablets.

What were you thinking Microsoft and ad company?!?!?!? Maybe HP wanted to push the machine that the guy bought but still Microsoft, you could have shown tablets to millions of folks this evening.

Microsoft, do one of these ads around a tablet! Also, you should do one around a gaming PC. Great opprtunity to poke fun at Mac's since they don't do tablets or games!

Last edited by heatlesssun; 04-05-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: tx2z As Seen On TV!

Well first of all the ads are hp-centric since both laptops sold until now or hp and they need to prove a point,that when your buying Apple your paying for the logo and PCs are much cheaper with better specs,kinda hard to make that point with tables since most of them back a premium-except the HP TX series.

I actually hope they make an episode based on the HP tx2,since it's cheaper then a macbook,you can write on it,has a dvd,is powerful etc.Just the damn screen that spoils it.

Veteran Moderator

I am honestly glad they didn't push the TX2 in that ad. So many people are disappointed with that series, i am only sure it would have been a hindrance for them.
    Computers

HP 6910p | Core 2 Duo Centrino 2.2ghz | 4gb Ram | 64gb OCZ Agility SSD | Windows XP
    Dell Inspiron One 19 | Intel Pentium 3.0ghz | 4gb Ram | 500gb 7200rpm Drive | Windows 7
    Custom Tower | Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz | 8gb ram | 500gb Hard Drive | Geforce 8800 GTX OC | Windows 7
    Custom Tower | Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz | 4gb Ram | 500gb Hard Drive | Zotac GTS 440 | Debian x64

Jobs

Lead Project Manager
    Computer Technician

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kpvic View Post
    I am honestly glad they didn't push the TX2 in that ad. So many people are disappointed with that series, i am only sure it would have been a hindrance for them.
    The biggest problem I hear about is the screen finish and people wanting the glossy screen and getting the matte finish, I got the glossy.

I some far have been very happy with mine after 4 months. For people looking for a laptop first, then a tablet and are willing to use power management to mitigate the heat and noise, this is a great machine. It's fast, can play games, has touch and pen (and multi-touch with Windows 7), two battery sizes, etc.

Thread Information