HP TouchSmart - NtrigApplet Problem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default HP TouchSmart - NtrigApplet Problem

Hi,

I just got a new HP TouchSmart laptop and it was working alright for the last 2/3 weeks (apart from the loud fan).

But now, I just started it up and there is a "NtrigApplet" error which says "Can't cannot to driver: Failure to open Device". And obviously, the touchscreen is no longer working.

Is this a standard problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tablet Lead Mod (Retired)

Default Re: HP TouchSmart - NtrigApplet Problem

try running windows update to make sure all your drivers are up to date or try installing the dell drivers from ntrigs website.

Can't say i've seen the problem mentioned previously in the tx2, but it has appeared in the dell latitude xt

I do not respond to PM's or emails for personal support.
    Please direct your queries to the appropriate forums, our community is willing & able to help!

Tabletomized

l've been using my tx2 this last month and l never had this problem; l recomend you to reirstall the drivers of N-trig, you can found them in C/Swsetup/drivers/digitizer

Luck with them!

Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to reinstall the driver as you mentioned, but it said "fatal error", "N-trig hardware was not detected on your system"!!
    How is this possible!?

Tablet Lead Mod (Retired)

maybe you actually have a hardware malfunction, you should call HP support and see what they have to say.

I do not respond to PM's or emails for personal support.
    Please direct your queries to the appropriate forums, our community is willing & able to help!

The
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I had the same problem with my Tx2z. With all the research that I've done there are two things that trigger the issue. 1) installing iTunes and 2) using the laptop on a docking station. I installed iTunes and the only way to stop the error was to do a system restore to before iTunes was installed. The company that makes the drivers (NTrig) has not developed drivers that fix our systems yet. If you call HP and can understand them (I've called over 16 times and have always been directed to call centers in India) they just walk you through a system restore and say "our products are not compatible with iTunes". Which I think is ridiculous.

A couple more problems to watch out for on your new laptop:
    1) The space bar barely works at all, you have to hit it just right. This becomes unbelievably frustrating. From my reading I havn't found other people suffering from this problem.
    2) the keyboard stops responding to any input. This occurs everytime you power off with the screen twisted (in tablet mode). It also occurs randomly. The "cure" is to power off the computer, unplug it, and remove the battery. Leave it off for at least 10 seconds then put it back and boot up. From my understanding, HP is actually working on a driver fix for this issue.

Pen Pal - Newbie

So, after a day of trying to figure this out, I've realized that when the computer is in tablet form, the touchscreen works. as soon as it is returned to the regular vertical position and rotated to face the keyboard it stops responding. The error is I get is "USB Device not recognized". It then says:
    "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I haven't tried to install iTunes nor have I used a docking station. The only possible USB updates I may have got are from automatic Windows Vista updates.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

The
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hp newbie View Post
    So, after a day of trying to figure this out, I've realized that when the computer is in tablet form, the touchscreen works. as soon as it is returned to the regular vertical position and rotated to face the keyboard it stops responding. The error is I get is "USB Device not recognized". It then says:
    "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I haven't tried to install iTunes nor have I used a docking station. The only possible USB updates I may have got are from automatic Windows Vista updates.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!
    The iTunes and docking station are an issue for the Ntrig error. For the USB error I'd suggest system restore to the first day you received your computer. If that doesn't work, use the system recovery to re-install everything. And for the future, I try to never powerdown or powerup with the screen in tablet mode.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with my Tx2z. With all the research that I've done there are two things that trigger the issue. 1) installing iTunes and 2) using the laptop on a docking station. I installed iTunes and the only way to stop the error was to do a system restore to before iTunes was installed. The company that makes the drivers (NTrig) has not developed drivers that fix our systems yet. If you call HP and can understand them (I've called over 16 times and have always been directed to call centers in India) they just walk you through a system restore and say "our products are not compatible with iTunes". Which I think is ridiculous.

A couple more problems to watch out for on your new laptop:
    1) The space bar barely works at all, you have to hit it just right. This becomes unbelievably frustrating. From my reading I havn't found other people suffering from this problem.
    2) the keyboard stops responding to any input. This occurs everytime you power off with the screen twisted (in tablet mode). It also occurs randomly. The "cure" is to power off the computer, unplug it, and remove the battery. Leave it off for at least 10 seconds then put it back and boot up. From my understanding, HP is actually working on a driver fix for this issue.
    I haven't installed ikTunes nor used a docking station, but get this error every time I boot up. If I remember correctly, the first time I got this message was after a Windows Vista update. Anyone else?

Scribbler - Standard Member

get new bios. Solves a load of issues

Thread Information