One Note - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: One Note

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: One Note

Blazing trough this forum and finding some new things. I have used oneNote for couple weeks now on my s7 Slate, witch is under warranty repair already :/. why i'm here i actually have couple questions about oneNote 2010.

1. sometimes my palm accidentally zooms/moves the area, but i want to keep the drag functionally so i don't want to disable touch input. It's probably the scrollbars on the bottom and right, anyway to disable them?

2. if i select my paper size to be A4 for easy printouts if i ever need to print, is there a way to get multiple A4 sized "pages/areas" on one OneNote page?
    Last edited by Whippler; 03-27-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whippler View Post
    Blazing trough this forum and finding some new things. I have used oneNote for couple weeks now on my s7 Slate, witch is under warranty repair already :/. why i'm here i actually have couple questions about oneNote 2010.

1. sometimes my palm accidentally zooms/moves the area, but i want to keep the drag functionally so i don't want to disable touch input. It's probably the scrollbars on the bottom and right, anyway to disable them?

2. if i select my paper size to be A4 for easy printouts if i ever need to print, is there a way to get multiple A4 sized "pages/areas" on one OneNote page?
    From what I understand, the S7 has something in the easy settings to change sensitivity of the screen, so that might be something to look into. From what I've read it's in the Easy Settings (not sure what that is, but I think it's proprietary Samsung software). That might help, but might decrease how sensitive your screen gets.

Regarding page sizes, that is the biggest annoyance I think I have with OneNote. There is no way to have multiple pages like you would in Windows Journal. That said, you can have multiple subpages, but it is a hassel to set it up that way in OneNote, but it can work. The thought behind OneNote is an endless notepad for notetaking, and when you need to publish or format, you would redo it in Word all neatly so you can have it all neatly formated, whereas OneNote is solely for freehand note taking.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 128 | Nokia Lumia 920
    HP tm2t Core i3 | HTC Fuze > Nokia Lumia 900
    HP dv5000us Core2Duo Penryn | Moto SLVR L7
    Gateway CX210X CoreDuo

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SDreamer View Post
    From what I understand, the S7 has something in the easy settings to change sensitivity of the screen, so that might be something to look into. From what I've read it's in the Easy Settings (not sure what that is, but I think it's proprietary Samsung software). That might help, but might decrease how sensitive your screen gets.

Regarding page sizes, that is the biggest annoyance I think I have with OneNote. There is no way to have multiple pages like you would in Windows Journal. That said, you can have multiple subpages, but it is a hassel to set it up that way in OneNote, but it can work. The thought behind OneNote is an endless notepad for notetaking, and when you need to publish or format, you would redo it in Word all neatly so you can have it all neatly formated, whereas OneNote is solely for freehand note taking.
    well i'v sure gone trough the easy settings app, nothing in there. Found a mod to make the front button toggle touch on/off, going to test that once i get my slate back from repair.

Haven't gone into sub pages and how they work yet, might look into those, but yeah, i probably never print stuff from Onenote so ques the auto size is okay, @least i wont run out of space on one page.

Thanks!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Hey Whippler,

Accidentally moving the scrollbars in OneNote has been reported many times before. In general, it seems like many users find moving the scrollbars on different sides of the screen may be useful. If that's not enough for you, I posted a very short AutoHotkey script to disable/enable the scrollbars. See here:

Disable the horizontal sidebar in Onenote?

That script works perfectly for me on the EP121 with Windows 7 64 bits and OneNote 2010. If it doesn't work for you, just report back here and I'll see what I can do.

Also, since you are using a S7 slate, you may be interested in using with OneNOte the great AutoHotkey touch script that has been used by others for art programs (for example, see ArtDock and PaintDock in the S7 forum). I find that using this great script with OneNote makes it really easy to switch pens on the fly (and all kinds of other stuff). If you are interested, just reply here and I'll point you to how to do this.

Pen Pal - Newbie

script seems to work, i also installed other script that changes the front windows button of slate to toggle the touch on/off. Yours is probably more useful since whit that i can still use drag to move around, without selecting it from the menu.

Thread Information