Touchpad: Click 'n Drag

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Touchpad: Click 'n Drag

So I've had my TM2 for about a week now and almost everything has been working amazingly well. The issue I'm having is if I'm clicking and dragging (say to move an icon or highlight text) using the touchpad the cursor jumps all over the screen. I'm from my experimentation and what I've read on this form this is most likely due to the touchpad not liking two fingers on the surface and since the buttons are part of the touch surface, it gets screwed up.
    Is there any way to disable touch sensing on the button area (I've seen this asked before, but never answered)? I was considering just putting tape over the buttons, but I noticed that if it doesn't sense your finger it won't count the click (I used some cloth as a barrier). Any thoughts? In it's current state the touchpad is almost unusable since I do a lot of text highlighting while I code on this device...

Destroyer of Souls

Default Re: Touchpad: Click 'n Drag

I wish... If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it as well. I'm sick of this trackpad. I wish I had my macbook pro trackpad in this thing...
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

Pen Pal - Newbie

One thing you can do: If you double-tap and leave your finger on the pad you can drag around whatever you were pointing at. It only seems to work for left-click + drag, and there's only so far you can drag, but for the most part it works well.

Edited to add: Of course, you can also just reach out and touch the screen with your other hand. I find myself doing that a lot too.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, double-tap drag is what I thought everyone does, but guess not. Click and drag??? That just sounds terrible (on a touchpad)...

Thread Information