08-05-2009 until 09-06-2020
- Rep Power
Here are the rules that these family of forums adheres to and expects its users to uphold.
In order to keep the forums running well and serve as a great place to get help with tablet pc's, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Admins or Moderators.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Cross posting, the act of posting the same thing across multiple forums, is not allowed. Please just post once in the most appropriate forum.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts, at least 24 hours.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate TabletPCReview.com community standards. The TabletPCReview.com team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as fraud, software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. There is a zero tolerance policy for illegal activity being discussed. This includes the advocating of users to use illegal torrents of any type of licensed software.
- Discussion on running Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware is prohibited.
- Do not post content from private correspondence, such as email or chat, within the forums. Posting any other persons private information such as email, phone number or address could result in banning.
- Discussion of cracking passwords or bypassing security measures.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- Foul language isn't necessary to discuss notebooks and help people, so it won't be tolerated. Any attempt to bypass the bad language filters will result in an infraction against the user and that post being edited or removed.
- Hidden links in posts or signatures are assumed to be malicious and members posting such content will be permanently banned, no exceptions.
- Please, no rep begging.
- Members with fewer than 5 posts cannot post links to external sites.
Any threads/posts of these above types will be deleted.
We reserve the right to ban or infract anyone who willfully violates the forum rules. Bans will not necessarily be permanent, but enacted based on the seriousness of an offense to these rules.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising and soliciting in sigs is also prohibited.
You are not allowed to posts links to personal blogs in posts, no exceptions. Links of that type are restricted to the signature area only; see below for additional information.
Links in Sigs
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate TabletPCReview.com community standards. The TabletPCReview.com team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or ***.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a sig are not allowed.
Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry. You are able to use a customized static image avatar though.
Make sure that your avatar is rated "PG" and appropriate for all age groups.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size (when viewed in the TabletPCReview.com style) and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 350 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 25k in size
- Animated images in sigs are not allowed
- IP trackers are not allowed
There are some Reseller specific rules. Resellers are:
- Anyone who works in a sales, PR or support role for a company whose primary trade is in computers or computer-related products is classified as a reseller.
- Not allowed to make unsolicited recommendations or post in the "What Tablet PC Should I Buy" section of the forum.
- Not allowed to comment on the quality / reliability of other companies or products
- May provide clarifications in the forum in response to questions asked by members.
- Are highly encouraged to help in trouble-shooting of problems
- Are forbidden from posting any links back to their respective websites for any reason.
- The posting of product images within the forum are not allowed, including both attachments and hosted images
- Product announcements are not allowed
We also have some rules that apply for certain forums:
Off Topic forum
The Off Topic forum is where TabletPCReview.com members can gather to chat about almost anything, technical or non-technical in nature. If you have a question that doesn't fit into any other forum, or just want to chat, this is the place. That being said, please don't post about senseless or highly controversial topics.
Political Signatures & Avatars
Signatures and avatars supporting candidates, political action/interest group, or controversial topics are not allowed. Political discussion should be held only in the Off Topic forum, and the remainder of the forums should be as neutral as possible with regards to politics. Thank you for you understanding and cooperation.
The Final Word
The owners, administrators, and moderators of this site reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or ban any user for any reason. By registering with the TabletPCReview forums, you agree to this rule and to all of the other site rules and guidelines.
All content posted on the TabletPCReview forums is granted to TabletPCReview with electronic publishing rights in perpetuity, as all content posted on this site becomes a part of the community. Please note that all posts express only the views of the author. Neither the owners of TabletPCReview nor its administrators or moderators are responsible for the content of any post.
These rules and guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
07-21-2008 until 08-21-2020
- Rep Power
WARNING to tx1000/2000 Users Build defect
The tx1000 & tx2000 machines suffer from a manufacturer defect of the nvidia chipset/graphics card. The sustained heating & cooling leads to deterioration of the components & their subsequent failure.
Though HP has Limited Warranty Service Enhancement available for other machines using this chipset, to date HP has not included the tx1000/2000 line.
If you experience any of the following issues, please be sure to contact HP technical support and make them aware of any issues you are experiencing and have it repaired.
Several users have had their machines fail just after the 1 yr warranty expiration and thus are not able to have their machines repaired via warranty service, and have to pay to have the motherboard replaced which generally costs about $500.
Just as an informational point, the machines come with 1yr limited warranty, it can be extended through HP directly if you so choose.
The Following issues have been reported throughout the forum:
TX1320us wireless problem
HP Limited Waranty Service Enhancement (Product Recall)
WiFi not loading up at ALL!!!
Wireless network switch
Warning: HP Support
TX1000 Bluetooth/WiFi problems after hibernate
TX1340ea wireless issue
Wireless Dead on TX1000, need pressurization...Time to buy?
Warning to tx1000/2000 users.
Fingerprint Reader Issues:
tx2000 w/ fingerprint reader not working?
AuthenTec AES1610 not working anymore.
My fingerprint reader has completely disappeared.
TX 1250eg Fingerprint
Unknown Device/USB Composite Device
tx1000 display seems to not turn on
my laptop won't even turn on!
HP TX1320US not powering up .. seems dead..
TX1000 shutting down
Pending Lawsuit Info re the Pavilion Line (I know this is for the DV line but the problems sound eerily similar. (Updated thanks to user Bernok)
Some users have also started an online petition for HP to acknowledge the defect.
I do not respond to PM's or emails for personal support.
Please direct your queries to the appropriate forums, our community is willing & able to help!
Please remember, I serve in a volunteer position, I do not work for Technology Guide or the associated forums.