HP Envy X2 owners' discussion - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: HP Envy X2 owners' discussion

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: HP Envy X2 owners' discussion

OK, so I'm not one who usually puts much stock in benchmarks, but to give you as complete a dataset as possible:

wPrime - 32M - 58.674 sec (1800 MHz * 1 - has that *1 recognised the processor cores?)

WEI:
    Processor - 3.4
    Memory - 4.7
    Graphics - 3.7
    Gaming - 3.3
    HD - 5.8
    Overall - 3.3

This was on the one and only available "balanced" power profile. I did hunt around to see if I could set a power profile that would run the thing at max CPU throughout, but the power options only gave me trivial things that wouldn't impact a benchmark (i.e. screen brightness/timeout etc).

Let me know if there's something else I should have done.
    Last edited by Loccy; 12-31-2012 at 03:54 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    @ rhettmania:

It seems that not many people own the X2 yet (maybe due to slow shipments), so that probably has an impact on the amount of discussion going on here....
    They are widely available now in the UK - PC World and Currys are pushing them bigtime on TV. Makes a change actually for something to be around over here and not readily available across the pond. I was actually holding out for the Acer W510 but that's not going to be available over here until the end of January. Other than the Envy the only other Intel Win8 devices that have made it to the UK market are the Samsung 500T and 700T. Seems bizarre to me that they wouldn't have flooded the market before Christmas.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    wPrime - 32M - 58.674 sec (1800 MHz * 1 - has that *1 recognised the processor cores?)

When WPrime is run with Admin privileges, it gains the ability to detect your hardware and configure itself automatically (like CPUz, SIW and other hardware detection utilities). On the other hand, when it's executed as a Standard User, it cannot detect the computer's hardware, so it makes a guess and the user might be forced to configure the option Set Thread Count manually. This is the only difference between running WPrime as Admin and Standard User! But given that your unit scored similarly to other Clover Trail machines, the WPrime settings were correct.

Thanks, for your submission! I'll update the Benchmark thread later today.

Owners of the Lenovo Twist and Yoga, please feel free to contribute with your scores.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pal - Newbie

How do you think the sound is on the X2 though the speakers, I had a freind with it and I found that sound was bad.

Any chance to install other sound drivers, I think it has realtek drivers when I checked on the enhancement tab and it does nto have ONE, so now Loudness Equalization or Decible or bass adjustments and no Graphic Equalizer, watching youtube video the sound was so low, hardly could hear anything, and no way to make it louder.

Wont be buying one of those, unless the sound drivers fix it.

Well the speaker is not awesome. I rarely use my tablets (or laptops) for any audio intensive task without headphones, so it's not a big deal to me. After your post I looked on the HP website and there was a new Realtek driver, but it didn't seem to do much. Looking in the Realtek directory it seems as if it's to do with the Beats Audio cruft. I turned off the 'surround sound' option on the speaker, which helped a touch.

Mind you, the speaker on the X2 knocks spots off of the Nexus 7 I've got. I suppose it's a matter of apples and oranges - are we comparing tablet speakers or laptop speakers?

An update - the Realtek driver ate my audio. Ended up having to do a system restore to get it back. Harumph.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish they Put the Realtek HD Audio the X2, I have No idea why not well I do, probably cheaper and everyone an HP said no one wants good sound out of the speaker s screw it, they PU HD Audio in all their other Notebooks and this is what this is Mostly, was so looking forward to buying this and now it's a pile of crap.

I looked into it and All of them so far use the same chipset for sound, so I guess I wont be buying one, until the new ones come out with the NEW atom and probably not then as they probably also will have crap sound.

I live in hope that someone will release one with decent audio, that's all I want DECENT, a little bass and loudness that's all, just listenable.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mathews View Post
    I live in hope that someone will release one with decent audio, that's all I want DECENT, a little bass and loudness that's all, just listenable.
    I don't think any OEM puts much thought on speakers quality. I can't remember seeing a laptop whose speakers were good enough to listen to music. Only recently the speakers shipped on desktop computers became worth of music. To find a Tablet PC whose configuration and price meets your requirements and whose speakers happen to be decent will be, to put it mildly, a "quest".
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    I have the Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500T. And I'm thinking about switching to the HP Envy X2. The primary reason I don't like my Samsung is the plastic back gets slippery, I have no idea what Samsung was thinking. The Envy X2 is made of aluminum, so I hope it doesn't have the slipping issue.

What I worry the most about switching from the Samsung to HP is the keyboard. I really love the keyboard on the 500T. Can anyone that has used both (I assume the 700T keyboard is similar to the 500T too) make a comment on how they compare? I find typing on the 500T a pleasure and hope the Envy has a nice feeling keyboard as well.
    I have owned the 500t, 700t, Envy X2 and ASUS Vivi tab 810. The keyboards are the best on the Samsungs (more trackpad gestures as well), followed closely by the ASUS (trackpad driver issues) and last the Envy (not much key travel, trackpad glitches and keys not registering). The HP and ASUS have all aluminum build quality which seems better than the plasticky on he Samsungs, but for typing experience the Envy loses. If you will use the tablet most of the time you could get by.

The other issue is that both the ASUS and Envy have driver issues with Windows 8 and the keyboard/trackpad not working on resume from sleep. Hopefully new drivers will be released by the respective manufacturers soon. Samsung has released new BIOS and drivers already that fixed the problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Techgeek32 View Post
    I have owned the 500t, 700t, Envy X2 and ASUS Vivi tab 810. The keyboards are the best on the Samsungs (more trackpad gestures as well), followed closely by the ASUS (trackpad driver issues) and last the Envy (not much key travel, trackpad glitches and keys not registering). The HP and ASUS have all aluminum build quality which seems better than the plasticky on he Samsungs, but for typing experience the Envy loses. If you will use the tablet most of the time you could get by.

The other issue is that both the ASUS and Envy have driver issues with Windows 8 and the keyboard/trackpad not working on resume from sleep. Hopefully new drivers will be released by the respective manufacturers soon. Samsung has released new BIOS and drivers already that fixed the problem for me.
    Well, this is disappointing information. I really wanted a tablet that I could use as a laptop to get some work done in my last semester of grad school. I haven't gotten my x2 yet, it should arrive tomorrow or the next day. I'll have to put it through some testing to figure out if I should keep it or not. It's too much money to settle for something that isn't good for typing. Who knows? Maybe it will be the same typing experience as my old Dell 1440. That is not as comfortable for typing as my home keyboard either, but is good enough for me.

Thread Information