HP Elitepad 900 - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Elitepad 900

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: HP Elitepad 900

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    Yup, and I have been researching Atmel a bit. Sounds impressive; I see why they are making inroads to the market. If there is anything worse than no information it is misinformation; the author there needs to not call it Wacom when he does not know.

Some Atmel stuff:
    Atmel Revolutionizes Touch User Experience - YouTube
    Atmel
    Atmel’s flexible touch sensors will revolutionize mobile device design | ExtremeTech

The third one is very interesting. I am not sure about the video, however, it looks like there is a lag between pen movement and letter generation but the lines look fine. The lag may be due to Android. Time will tell before more 'real' information is known and Rick should be posting his line testing he said he would do.

Yes, HP did not invent the iPaq, nor the TC1000 for that matter. Both were acquired technology from Compaq.

HP did, however, invent the tiny little Jornada 700 or whatever nomenclature it was called. It was a tiny little Win CE laptop (palmtop) that was clearly way ahead of its time but still enjoys a huge cult following through today. It was like a tiny netbook a little larger than a smarphone.
    Mhhh, the first demo video of Atmel just shows one of the common flaws you can also see when people are using their iPads with a stylus.
    You always have to write your sentences (or whatever) on the whole screen to look good. So the zoom in and out button will probably be your best friend when using Amtel technology in lectures...

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Engadget is reporting that the 900 has passed through the FCC:

HP ElitePad 900 travels to the FCC, brings pros closer to Windows 8 tablet utopia -- Engadget

The way is now clear for launch!
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix (on order) - phenomenal cosmic power
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my main device
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

It's looking like the 900 will be the standard tablet within the company once it's released. Why? Our standard laptops are ALL refurb Elitebooks/Probooks so I'm staying with HP. Obviously the resolution isn't the best but a few of the guys/gals in work don't have the best eyesight
    Owned/Sold: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga11 (Orange!), MS SPro1 again, MS Pro2 512GB. Current: MS SPro 3 256GB i7

(x) / fashion

There was a video in which HP managers demonstrating the device said that HP would design new "jackets" every 3 months or so and that the jackets would work on future tablets. That's a great strategy. I don't like the current jackets because the the smaller one has no silo and the bigger one (that doubles as keyboard-folio) "seems" to require the smaller jacket in order to hold the tablet....That sounds a bit too over-dressed to me.

Hopefully HP will make jacket with a silo someday. Or make an ElitePad with a silo!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Shiny

HP ElitePad purchased en masse for flight crews of Emirates Air. The video in the following articles shows the various different ways the airline is using the tablets:

Emirates hands out HP Windows 8 tablets to flight crews, aims for first-class cabin tech (video) -- Engadget
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Sr. Program Manager

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    There was a video in which HP managers demonstrating the device said that HP would design new "jackets" every 3 months or so and that the jackets would work on future tablets. That's a great strategy. I don't like the current jackets because the the smaller one has no silo and the bigger one (that doubles as keyboard-folio) "seems" to require the smaller jacket in order to hold the tablet....That sounds a bit too over-dressed to me.

Hopefully HP will make jacket with a silo someday. Or make an ElitePad with a silo!
    The keyboard jacket does not require a smaller jacket.
    Sr. Program Manager, Innovation and Technology
    HP Commercial Notebooks, Tablets, and Desktops

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The keyboard jacket does not require a smaller jacket.
    Nice to know. Thanks for the correction!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I wonder if HP will add an USB and HDMI ports after reading our gripes with this device? It should have had a full SDXC port....geeze HP!
    Gateway CX210X tablet[/I][/B]: ram from 2to 4 gb; cpu C2D 1.83 Ghz(T5600) to C2D 2.33 Ghz(T7600), HD to intel SSD,vista to Win 7 HP; intel 5300wireless card [/SIZE]
    Toshiba M400 tabletpc : C2D 2Ghz( T7200),ram from 2 to 4 GB,vista ult. to Win7 HP. HD to OCZ 128 GB SSD.
    Wireless card to Intel 5300
    HP TX 2000 tablet- Gifted
    Waited on HP slate 500( 82 days!)!
    Ord: 10/29/10
    Shipped : 1/15/11
    Delvrd : 1/19/11 !
    HP Slate 500 - 8.9" ssd to 128 gb .
    TPT2 64GB LTE

(x) / fashion

HP's goal when designing the ElitePad was to go after the crowd who loves thinness and lightness above all else -- to the detriment of productivity. The ElitePad seems to be thinner on the edges and that probably leaves no room for I/O ports. I can't blame HP for this stupid move, though. The iPad has shown that people just want something on which they can waste their time. The market has spoken: USB, HDMI, SD Cards, etc are unimportant. In other words, getting sh!t done, is secondary.

I just hope Apple don't ever make a 14" Black & White TV set! Because if they do, everyone will want one and suddenly all the TV manufacturers will have to embrace the B&W trend and make equally lame sets.

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by ships10 View Post
    I wonder if HP will add an USB and HDMI ports after reading our gripes with this device? It should have had a full SDXC port....geeze HP!
    No worries, 'there's a jacket for that.' A parody on the old 'there's an app for that' from the fruity company.
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix (on order) - phenomenal cosmic power
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my main device
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

Thread Information