HP Elitepad 900 - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Elitepad 900

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: HP Elitepad 900

...and the link for the downloadable datasheet on the HP site is wrong - it delivers the datasheet for the HP Elitebook Folio. I'm beginning to think that HP can't market their way out of a paper bag...

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Why would people want the 900? I tried the S7S and the separate tablet with dock and Bluetooth keyboard just does not work. You can't type on your lap if you have to. I guess if you only use a desk it would work. They might offer a Bluetooth keyboard with one of the jacket/sleeves but it will be too small to do any real typing. I wish they had just made an Envy X2 on steroids with a full HD display and a Core I5 processor with a 128GB, 256GB storage option along with all of the security features. For those that wanted a more portable option they could have beefed up the Slate 2 and modified it. HP just keeps missing the mark on design and implementation. They are not listening to their customers at all. Most of you have been offering up suggestions for the past year or two and I don't really see them listening when they designed the 900. They will find out that even though the new ATOM processors are much better than what we had in the Slate 500 and Q550 that they still don't offer enough oomph for the enterprise market for most usage scenarios. Enterprise users will go with something like the Fujitsu q702 that offers the security but more configurations and a full size processor. If Microsoft can offer the Surface Pro with some security and external accessories like a desktop dock they could capture some of the business that HP is hoping to get. The 900 does not really offer anything different than the Dell Latitude 10 and that has a user replaceable battery. I am getting the Envy X2 on Friday. I will test the low budget digitizer and see if it compares to Wacom and N-Trig. If it does, then this might handle my needs for the next 6 months or so, but I have no interest in the 900.

Pen Pro - Senior Member
    Gateway CX210X tablet[/I][/B]: ram from 2to 4 gb; cpu C2D 1.83 Ghz(T5600) to C2D 2.33 Ghz(T7600), HD to intel SSD,vista to Win 7 HP; intel 5300wireless card [/SIZE]
    Toshiba M400 tabletpc : C2D 2Ghz( T7200),ram from 2 to 4 GB,vista ult. to Win7 HP. HD to OCZ 128 GB SSD.
    Wireless card to Intel 5300
    HP TX 2000 tablet- Gifted
    Waited on HP slate 500( 82 days!)!
    Ord: 10/29/10
    Shipped : 1/15/11
    Delvrd : 1/19/11 !
    HP Slate 500 - 8.9" ssd to 128 gb .
    TPT2 64GB LTE

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Techgeek32 View Post
    Why would people want the 900?

* Snip
    Because it is the only new TabletPC that is being offered in 16:10 screen ratio.

Before you say this 'resolution' does not work with Win 8, yes it does. The only thing that does not work is the snap in the new UI, which is a usage pattern I would avoid anyway. Enterprise users will not be using much of the new UI unless MS lets 'apps' be developed outside of the Microsoft 'App' Store, which is doubtful. Until then, the new UI will be unpopulated in the business world.
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    * New * Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device
    HP Elitepad with Win 8.1 (used) - looking for purpose now
    Fujitsu Q702 i5 with Win 8.1 - my main device
    Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 with Win 7 - has started to collect dust

Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, lots of people seem to prefer the Microsoft Surface Pro over the HP ElitePad 900. I do like the Surface but when used on a desk or in the office connecting to various equipment like a mouse, USB drive, big screen, external hard drive, CD/DVD drive you have lots of cables to connect and even start using an USB hub. For that reason I would prefer the ElitePad since it can be used in combination with a docking station that has all these ports available. Its really silly Microsoft did not provide any docking capabilities. I don't want to be right or wrong but I was hoping to get some feedback about these thoughts.

(x) / fashion

@ Rick:

What about downgrade rights? I know that Win8 Pro is required if one doesn't one to buy a Win7 license. Microsoft has made that clear. But will HP issue Win7 drivers for the ElitePad? It's a business-grade machine, after all! If not, will the Win8 drivers work on Win7? In other words, are there plans to fully support deployment of Win7 on the ElitePad 900?
    Last edited by e-schreiber; 12-28-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Sr. Program Manager

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    @ Rick:

What about downgrade rights? I know that Win8 Pro is required if one doesn't one to buy a Win7 license. Microsoft has made that clear. But will HP issue Win7 drivers for the ElitePad? It's a business-grade machine, after all! If not, will the Win8 drivers work on Win7? In other words, are there plans to fully support deployment of Win7 on the ElitePad 900?

Neither Microsoft nor Intel supports Win 7 on Clover Trail, therefore there aren't any drivers available to provide.

Rick
    Sr. Program Manager, Innovation and Technology
    HP Commercial Notebooks, Tablets, and Desktops

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Neither Microsoft nor Intel supports Win 7 on Clover Trail, therefore there aren't any drivers available to provide.

Rick
    Well, I guess I will be planning on keeping the Q550 a while longer now. I suppose a Q552 is also an option. I am personally staying with Win 7 until Microsoft fixes what it intentionally broke. If they do not, then I will be hoping that Linux gets ported to the Atom lineup eventually, but Intel is preventing that. The writing is on the wall I suppose...another platform is now ruined. My planner may need to go back to paper....
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    * New * Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device
    HP Elitepad with Win 8.1 (used) - looking for purpose now
    Fujitsu Q702 i5 with Win 8.1 - my main device
    Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 with Win 7 - has started to collect dust

The HP PageLift Technology sounds useful--"automatically turning photos of whiteboards and documents into editable documents for sharing."

It could help with going paperless. Often at meetings a lot of paper is passed out--agendas, spreadsheets, etc. It would be nice to snap a photo and then mark these up or take notes on them digitally with the stylus if that's what it offers.

Does anyone know whether other tablets or software offer this capability?

Thanks!

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    I suppose a Q552 is also an option. I am personally staying with Win 7 until Microsoft fixes what it intentionally broke.
    The Q552 is probably the best of the W7 Atom devices but prices are crazy on Ebay. Maybe in a few months, when W8 Atoms are in circulation, sellers will get more realistic.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +6

Thread Information