HP Elitepad 900 - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Elitepad 900

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: HP Elitepad 900

Jackets? Hmm...now we have to dress this machine up like a dancing ******!
    I wonder how many layers ? Then to have to carry it around?
    There is just no more common sense in the design of machines. In the old days
    machines were desiged to make work easier . Nowadays, even with sophisticated technology
    we make extra effort to make work less important if not more difficult.
    Is that what gadgets are all about? I would fire the design engineer
    for this brainless design especially if it is being targeted towards business' and enterprise
    markets.. Who wants to carrry a bunch of jackets to figure out
    which one to use for a particular job assignment?
    They had the slate in their hands only to mess it all up instead of
    making it a beast in the 10" size with a 16:10 form factor.
    Why HP? Are you really listening to us all?
    Well, Dell Latitude 10 just went up my ladder of choices. I think they got the idea/concept correct and
    they'll do really well.
    I might even preorder one with the special pricing they are offering now on the base model.
    Last edited by ships10; 11-30-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Gateway CX210X tablet[/I][/B]: ram from 2to 4 gb; cpu C2D 1.83 Ghz(T5600) to C2D 2.33 Ghz(T7600), HD to intel SSD,vista to Win 7 HP; intel 5300wireless card [/SIZE]
    Toshiba M400 tabletpc : C2D 2Ghz( T7200),ram from 2 to 4 GB,vista ult. to Win7 HP. HD to OCZ 128 GB SSD.
    Wireless card to Intel 5300
    HP TX 2000 tablet- Gifted
    Waited on HP slate 500( 82 days!)!
    Ord: 10/29/10
    Shipped : 1/15/11
    Delvrd : 1/19/11 !
    HP Slate 500 - 8.9" ssd to 128 gb .
    TPT2 64GB LTE

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Apple will probably ship their next iPad with a full sized SD card slot and then all the companies 'without one' will look very, very lame.
    Owned: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga 11 (Orange!), MS SPro 1 again and now... Surface Pro 2 512GB. I like tablets!

Wait and Hope.

I still love the size of the slate. I would like something half as thick, twice as powerful, HD resolution, Wacom pen, HDMI out and 10 hour battery. Oh, and no jackets.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +3

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
    Apple will probably ship their next iPad with a full sized SD card slot and then all the companies 'without one' will look very, very lame.
    Exactly!

I also like the Slate's size. To me, 8" to 10" is the sweet spot. I like smaller sizes too, but then the UI becomes very difficult to be used with the finger. To me, HP should have upgraded the Slate 500 to Clover Trail, put a silo in it and made an optional keyboard-dock. That would have been great! Given the improvements to the Ntrig digitizer (reported by the fine folks at the Duo 11 forum), I'd be ok with Ntrig too.

I wouldn't complain about thickness or weight if I got 2 full-size USB ports, 1 any-size SD card slot and 1 any-size HDMI port (sadly, full-size HDMI is going extinct). Having a replaceable battery would be nice, but given the surprisingly decent battery life of Clover Trail, I could live with a soldered-on battery.

None of the current crop of Win8 tablets is 100% perfect for me. They all force me into compromises (including my two favorites Ativ and TPT2). Sometimes the compromise is the aspect ratio, sometimes the size, sometimes the design of the keyboard-dock.

Edit: Bronsky, HD resolution on a 9" screen would become a hassle when using traditional Desktop programs.
    Last edited by e-schreiber; 11-30-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well HD res is just 720p, which all Atom tablets not the 900 offer, unless you guys meant to say full HD(1080p)

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape View Post
    Well HD res is just 720p, which all Atom tablets not the 900 offer, unless you guys meant to say full HD(1080p)
    I meant HD (720p) which I think would be fine for a 9" slate.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +3

Sr. Program Manager

I realize that it is in vogue and fashionable to bash HP in the press and blogs today. I also realize that one-size-does-not-fit-all. A retailer may want a credit card scanner, a construction company may want an ultra-durable design, and an executive a sleek design. The strength of the Jacket concept is that the ElitePad can meet the needs of diverse market segments just by choosing a jacket with the features desired. Dont need any specific ports or features? a minimalist? then the ElitePad without a jacket is thinner than the IPad3. Emirates Airlines has chosen the ElitePad with a Jacket and a second battery for incredible battery life, amongst other features. They get it.

Watching customers who have actually seen and put their hands on an ElitePad tablet has been a treat. Their responses have been overwhelmingly positive and the question asked most is When can I get one?"

Sincerely,

Rick
    Sr. Program Manager, Innovation and Technology
    HP Commercial Notebooks, Tablets, and Desktops

I think conversation would improve if HP actually showed us what the jackets will provide. Right now, they only offer increased weight and thickness and nothing in the way of specific work uses being met. It's pure hypotheticals. Considering HPs recent track record with slates and tablets, I think it's fair to have a healthy dose of skepticism. Let HP do the heavy lifting with its consumers and have them _show_ us this product is awesome.

Would I like an Atom slate with a good pen with a silo, a durable build, and a clamshell dock? Sure. Might HP be providing something like this with this product? Sure. And if so, that sounds awesome. And I'm happy to have it be a bit thicker and heavier if it's truly modular.

But how can I get excited about what this offers when it's completely unclear what it really is offering? It's really pretty vague. That's HP's fault, IMO.
    Last edited by Steve B; 12-02-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    q552 -- Win7 x32, 2 gb ram, outdoor slate for work

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I think conversation would improve if HP actually showed us what the jackets will provide. Right now, they only offer increased weight and thickness and nothing in the way of specific work uses being met. It's pure hypotheticals. Considering HPs recent track record with slates and tablets, I think it's fair to have a healthy dose of skepticism. Let HP do the heavy lifting with its consumers and have them _show_ us this product is awesome.

Would I like an Atom slate with a good pen with a silo, a durable build, and a clamshell dock? Sure. Might HP be providing something like this with this product? Sure. And if so, that sounds awesome. And I'm happy to have it be a bit thicker and heavier if it's truly modular.

But how can I get excited about what this offers when it's completely unclear what it really is offering? It's really pretty vague. That's HP's fault, IMO.
    Actually, they have...well, sorta. There is a jacket with 2 USB ports, full size SD card slot, and a full size HDMI port. There will also be a jacket with a magnetic card reader for field sales. HP has indicated that they will have a new jacket design every three months or so; if you want something specific, let Rick know right here in the forum!
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    * New * Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device
    HP Elitepad with Win 8.1 (used) - looking for purpose now
    Fujitsu Q702 i5 with Win 8.1 - my main device
    Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 with Win 7 - has started to collect dust

Oh, I know of the ones you speak of, but that's still more of a promise and less of a real product. There are no demo units getting shown or reviewed and no real specifics. It's just pretty vague.

But I think I expressed things that would be interesting to me-- durable outdoor build, pen silo, with perhaps an extra battery in the jacket. Built for true mobile solutions. A legit clamshell keyboard would make it much higher on my list. I don't mind a little weight as a laptop, if I get a really mobile solution as a slate.

Hey, I like the _idea_ of the jackets, there's just not much there yet.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    q552 -- Win7 x32, 2 gb ram, outdoor slate for work

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Thread Information