NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8) - Page 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: COMING SOON: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8)

Hello everyone, first post here but have appreciated comments on this forum for some time. Really like look of this Envy X2 and I came across this manual:
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03581901.pdf
    which may answer some questions, for instance it definitely mentions Atmel not Wacom. Also to note is mention of a microSD card slot on the bottom edge of the tablet itself and the option of a 128 gb drive in the specs although I haven't seen that in any shops.

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Default Re: COMING SOON: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8)

Quote Originally Posted by tgwallbank View Post
    Hello everyone, first post here but have appreciated comments on this forum for some time. Really like look of this Envy X2 and I came across this manual:
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03581901.pdf
    which may answer some questions, for instance it definitely mentions Atmel not Wacom. Also to note is mention of a microSD card slot on the bottom edge of the tablet itself and the option of a 128 gb drive in the specs although I haven't seen that in any shops.
    I just posted this in another thread but for your enjoymnet here are the rest of the manuals for the Envy X2:

Manuals for HP ENVY x2 11t-g000 CTO | HP® Support
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    * New * Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device
    HP Elitepad with Win 8.1 (used) - looking for purpose now
    Fujitsu Q702 i5 with Win 8.1 - my main device
    Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 with Win 7 - has started to collect dust

I have just seen one reference to the x2 as having Gorilla Glass (First Generation). Anyone else seen any reference to this scratch resistant glass on this tablet?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8)

Does anyone know if the X2 has a digitizer and what kind it is? Watcom, etc?

They make mention of a stylus on their site but thats about it. no way to add one during the ordering process, etc.

I even called HP, went through three levels of techs and still couldn't get an answer. Told them its a make or break for me as I want a digitizer on my clovertrail machine... they were walking to a different department when we got disconnected and they never called back.

Right now, the only one available locally is the samsung which has a digitizer but doesn't have a 2nd battery in the dock and its made of plastic. The acer was on sale for 399 black friday and i passed on it for lack of a digitzer. Asus talks a great game with watcom digitizer, battery in keyboard dock but they don't seem to be getting much out the door besides their little $499 touch 11.6" notebook which is a good piece of work, just not what im looking for. Others like the lenovo lynx are too far in the future.

Tablet PC addicted

Default Re: NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Does anyone know if the X2 has a digitizer and what kind it is? Watcom, etc?

They make mention of a stylus on their site but thats about it. no way to add one during the ordering process, etc.

I even called HP, went through three levels of techs and still couldn't get an answer. Told them its a make or break for me as I want a digitizer on my clovertrail machine... they were walking to a different department when we got disconnected and they never called back.

Right now, the only one available locally is the samsung which has a digitizer but doesn't have a 2nd battery in the dock and its made of plastic. The acer was on sale for 399 black friday and i passed on it for lack of a digitzer. Asus talks a great game with watcom digitizer, battery in keyboard dock but they don't seem to be getting much out the door besides their little $499 touch 11.6" notebook which is a good piece of work, just not what im looking for. Others like the lenovo lynx are too far in the future.
    According to the Manual, the Envy x2 has a Atmel digitizer. Tgwallbank said it just three post ago.
    In last six years I used HP tc1100, 2740p, 2760p, tx2, tm2, tx1000; Acer C110; Dell XT, XT2, XT3, ST; Fujitsu Q550, T900, T901, T580, T4410, T5010, T730; Motion CL900; Panasonic CF-C1; Asus T101MT, B121, Samsung Q1 Original.
    Currently using HP EliteBook 2760p (i5-2410M, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB, Windows 7 Professional 6 bit) and Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 (Atom Z670, 2 GB, 28 GB SSD, Windows 8 Enterprise).

...dreaming a HP tc1200.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomo UCDS View Post
    According to the Manual, the Envy x2 has a Atmel digitizer. Tgwallbank said it just three post ago.
    Thats good to know, at least it has one. Spent an hour talking to different techs at HP yesterday and their eventual conclusion was that it must not have one since there wasn't any documentation about it. They also said their was a website request made to remove the stylus references from the website.

So where would someone get a stylus to work with this... and does it support pressure sensitivity and does software like photoshop support it?

Right now im going between ordering an X2 and waiting til january to get it... or getting an asus vivotab 810 which has the watcom digitizer but its still hard to come by and pricy... or bail on the digitizer and get a lenovo lynx the 14th when it comes out... its price is right and the keyboard is getting good words about it.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Spent an hour talking to different techs at HP yesterday and their eventual conclusion was that it must not have one since there wasn't any documentation about it. They also said their was a website request made to remove the stylus references from the website.
    They couldn't have looked very far, because there's a page devoted to the stylus in the User Manual. It appears as though the Atmel stylus requires a battery. According to the engineering manual, the part number for the stylus is 704926–001.

It is worrying, though, that although it is possible to order the X2, at least in the US, that there is no possibility of ordering the stylus.
    Last edited by gcoupe; 12-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Tablet PC addicted

Quote Originally Posted by gcoupe View Post
    They couldn't have looked very far, because there's a page devoted to the stylus in the User Manual. It appears as though the Atmel stylus requires a battery. According to the engineering manual, the part number for the stylus is 704926–001.

It is worrying, though, that although it is possible to order the X2, at least in the US, that there is no possibility of ordering the stylus.
    Same thing in Italy - the pen can not be ordered. And I informed a HP Italy manager during a formation session on this tablet that the Envy is pen-capable.
    In last six years I used HP tc1100, 2740p, 2760p, tx2, tm2, tx1000; Acer C110; Dell XT, XT2, XT3, ST; Fujitsu Q550, T900, T901, T580, T4410, T5010, T730; Motion CL900; Panasonic CF-C1; Asus T101MT, B121, Samsung Q1 Original.
    Currently using HP EliteBook 2760p (i5-2410M, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB, Windows 7 Professional 6 bit) and Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 (Atom Z670, 2 GB, 28 GB SSD, Windows 8 Enterprise).

...dreaming a HP tc1200.

With reference to the Envy x2, on page 23 of the User Guide it mentions with regard to the Touchscreen that "Rotating" an image is on "Select Models Only". I'm not all that clued up on this type of hardware and I can vaguely see why the pen might only work on select models but why would this "rotating" only work on select models? I'd like to understand.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Got my X2 today. No stylus and HP has no idea when it will be available. One manager told me 2 months. I told him I didn't need another laptop. HP just doesn't understand how to roll out new products. I have been burned too many times. I shipped it back and ordered the ASUS 810. Good luck to the rest of you.

Thread Information