NOW AVAILABLE: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8) - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Wait and Hope.

Default Re: COMING SOON: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8)

Quote Originally Posted by k.adhiputra View Post
    ... (god forbid capacitive stylus) ... .

... (heck, I wouldn't even mind n-trig's series 4) ... .
    I can't imagine that HP with its tablet experience would utilize anything but an active digitizer. If N-Trig is okay with you, the Envy is probalby your next tablet.
    THINKPAD X301 | ASUS Note 8 | NOKIA 928

ƒ(x) / fashion

Default Re: COMING SOON: ENVY x2 / Spectre XT TouchSmart / ENVY TouchSmart 4 Ultrabooks (Windows 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsky View Post
    I can't imagine that HP with its tablet experience would utilize anything but an active digitizer. If N-Trig is okay with you, the Envy is probalby your next tablet.
    I can't imagine that HP, with its tablet experience, would drop the obvious (to me, at least) "detachable" form-factor for the better half of a decade, then re-embrace it after a much smaller OEM (Asus) championed its comeback. I also can't imagine that HP, with its tablet experience, would design a detachable and relegate each and every one of its ports and connectors to the keyboard-dock. Also, I can't imagine that HP, with its tablet experience, would completely omit a Pen silo from both the slate and keyboard-dock of said detachable, then dare to ship that "Tablet PC" without a goddamn Pen. (?!?!)

Bronsky, at this point into the game, I wouldn't be surprised if HP made a tablet without a screen....

The new "Slate Shuffle" from HP! Because computing is random.

Source: HP R&D (2013 AD)
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    I can't imagine that HP, with its tablet experience, would drop the obvious (to me, at least) "detachable" form-factor for the better half of a decade, then re-embrace it after a much smaller OEM (Asus) championed its comeback. I also can't imagine that HP, with its tablet experience, would design a detachable and relegate each and every one of its ports and connectors to the keyboard-dock. Also, I can't imagine that HP, with its tablet experience, would completely omit a Pen silo from both the slate and keyboard-dock of said detachable, then dare to ship that "Tablet PC" without a goddamn Pen. (?!?!)

Bronsky, at this point into the game, I wouldn't be surprised if HP made a tablet without a screen....
    LOL. (10 char)

Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post

You seem to be assuming that the Envy X2, clearly a consumer-oriented device (based on the name), is the only convertible tablet HP will release. It's not. We know that business-class convertible tablets (such as the leaked Slate 8) are on the way, and they'll certainly be a better fit for someone like you who wants the characteristics of a business-class machine.

Or you could get a Thinkpad Tablet 2, which I think addresses each of your complaints.
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Pen Pal - Newbie

If N-Trig is okay with you, the Envy is probalby your next tablet.
    Half of the things you have said in this forum refers to he fact that n-trig is the worst piece of technology in he history of humanity (that's how I interpreted it anyway) coming from your experience with your slate. That - along with complaints from various sites, made me try to steer away from n-trig as far as possible.

However there are some speculations that the latest version they released a couple of months ago will be at least usable for things other than writing. Has anyone got ahold of a demo and comment on its functionality?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wait and Hope.

Half of the things you have said in this forum refers to he fact that n-trig is the worst piece of technology in he history of humanity (that's how I interpreted it anyway) coming from your experience with your slate.
    History of humanity may not be strong enough. Maybe history of the universe might be more appropriate. My point was that if any active digitizer is okay with you, that you will likely see that. If you asked me if I would consider another N-Trig device, the answer is still an emphatic no. It's not just the crappy design of the pen, but the failure of N-Trig to support it's earlier hardware versions and the failure to ensure timely updates. With W8 RTM already weeks old and the retail release 6 weeks away, we still don't have a compatable console, which is critical to proper pen operation. If not for that, I would be using W8 full time. As it is, I uninstalled it and am sticking with W7 until a console is released.

It could be that the new N-Trig hardware will be great. But, I would want to be damn sure before I plopped serious money down on another N-Trig device. If you're getting one, I would wait for actual user reviews on this site, where users are sophisticated.

ƒ(x) / fashion

That - along with complaints from various sites, made me try to steer away from n-trig as far as possible.
    The strange thing to me is: while many people (I don't know the percentage) show contempt for N-trig, there are some people who are quite happy with their N-trig tablets. Are the discontent the majority or the 1%? Are the satisfied users the standard or the lucky souls?

I have never used N-trig gear so I'm genuinely puzzled with this issue. I accept the premise that their digitizers are unfit for creation of professional artwork, where precision is paramount. But what about casual note-taking, diagramming and writing? Is N-trig 3.0/3.5 hardware indeed likely to induce thoughts of suicide or is this just another case of "we haven't yet heard from their millions of satisfied users around the globe"? To this day we still don't know whether the S7S' owners that experienced the screen-lift were the rule or exception....

Whatever the case might be, I hope N-trig 4.0 is noticeably better as competition is great!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pal - Newbie

It could be that the new N-Trig hardware will be great. But, I would want to be damn sure before I plopped serious money down on another N-Trig device. If you're getting one, I would wait for actual user reviews on this site, where users are sophisticated.
    Which would mean I will have to wait until at least December for proper reviews and feedbacks to come in. I think I really should stop visiting this forum every 20 minutes hoping for some extra information on these devices. It makes the waiting even more unbearable.

The forum itself is very informative and indeed sophisticated, however. I have yet to find another forum with as much enthusiasm for windows 8 tablets.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Which would mean I will have to wait until at least December for proper reviews and feedbacks to come in. I think I really should stop visiting this forum every 20 minutes hoping for some extra information on these devices. It makes the waiting even more unbearable.

The forum itself is very informative and indeed sophisticated, however. I have yet to find another forum with as much enthusiasm for windows 8 tablets.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Envy X2 does use N-trig Technology

Hi guys, HP just updated the product page for the Envy X2, and one picture on the "Features" page answered the million-dollar question: The Envy X2 does use n-trig technology. here's the link and check it out yourself.

HP ENVY x2 Features - Ultrathin 11 Inch Tablet | HP® Official Site | HP

The stylus seems to be the same one they showed with the latest ElitePad 900, and judging from the more "pointy" tip, it's not the same stylus we are all so familiar with from the Q550 and HTC Flyer, which can be a evidence that newer 4th gen n-trig digitizer is on board.

Finger crossed for the 4th gen n-trig improvement, and hopefully the new atom processor doesn't suck as much as the z670 older brother. I really like the X2 design, I would even say it's so far the best designed atom windows 8 tablets. if new n-trig was "comparable-with" or "not-far-behind" the Wacom experience, HP could count my money in their pocket already!

Update:
    It looks like the Sony Vaio Duo 11 also uses the new ntrig, and judging from the youtube hands-on videos, the new digitizer is working pretty well.
    Last edited by simpleatsh; 10-01-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Owned Windows tablets:
    IBM X40t ( still missing the 4:3 screen ratio );
    Lenovo X201t ( horrible display );
    Asus EP121 ( battery always last 10mins shorter than needed... );
    Fujitsu Q550 ( life is too short and this thing is too slow );
    HP 2760P ( The last good tablet PC from HP );
    SAMSUNG 500T and 700T ( plastic....);
    Sony Vaio Duo 13 ( LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT... );
    DELL Venue 8 Pro & ASUS Vivotab Note 8 ( deciding swhich one to keep... )

Thread Information