Broken key "Alt gr" HP Keyboard tx2000 - German

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Broken key "Alt gr" HP Keyboard tx2000 - German

The "alt gr" key is broken on my tx2650eg. Hp Support offered to replace the whole keyboard. It's necessary to 'Pick Up and Return' my notebook. It's possible that i have to pay for the repair, because I haven't extend my warranty with the 'Accidental Damage Protection' of HP Total Care Programm.
    In my opinion I'm only in need of the key cap and the retainer clip.
    Any Hints?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Broken key "Alt gr" HP Keyboard tx2000 - German

They go for about $8-$20 on ebay, and usually replacing a keyboard isn't that difficult. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Individual keys are usually not sold (by the manufacturer or aftermarket) and you will have a difficult time finding one I think. The reason is probably because there just isn't a market, also keyboards are cheap, and replacing a key sometimes isn't as easy as it looks. When a key pops off or is broken there is sometimes damage to the keyboard that is difficult to see. Getting the keys to work properly isn't all that simple either with the tiny parts that need to work together so that the key can be pressed and will return when pressure is released can be frustrating sometimes (coming from someone who replaced MANY keys on his keyboard)

][/URL]
    Last edited by TabbedOut; 07-31-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

The US-Layout is at the enter-key not similar. I was inspired by http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=270393833895 - HP Keyboard KEY Pavilion tx2000 Series . I thougt (hope) just this key is interchangeable between many hp keyboards with the same layout scheme. I don't want to register for paypal so far. The only Alternative is this offer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=300333282951 - Original Tastatur für HP TX2000 TX 2000 DE Silber Neu ! A little more expensive: 50$ more
    Last edited by tx2650eg; 07-31-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Wow, good find.

I think that key should do it, and it is pretty cheap to boot. I would be loathe to spend €50 on any keyboard, especially when there are much cheaper options out there. Really for that price I would go ahead and buy a full keyboard and just pop a single key off

Thread Information