hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Hi everyone, I bought a TX1316AU recently and I'm not happy with the performance of window vista.

I'm glad that I found this thread. It helps me a lot.

I'm installing Windows XP Professional SP2 for my TX1316. All the drivers are OK except the Webcam. Both the drivers which published are not working.

1) ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34746.exe

2) HP 1.3 MP Webcam (sp35414) from MEGAPACK - 215 MB

However, Before I downgrade from vista to XP, I note down the driver's detail

Imaging Device: HP Pavilon Webcam
    Manufacturer: Chicony
    Driver's version: 61.1.0.10
    Driver's Date: 22/9/2006

www.chicony.com has the driver's but it is a dead link lead to their FTP.

Any idea what driver that I can use to make the webcam works? Or what must I do to make the webcam works.

Thanks.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Rockyho.

just checked my webcam and driver on my TX1209, they are identical to yours, I have no problem using the webcam drivers download from
    http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/...-notebook.html

Quote Originally Posted by imrockyho View Post
    However, Before I downgrade from vista to XP, I note down the driver's detail

Imaging Device: HP Pavilon Webcam
    Manufacturer: Chicony
    Driver's version: 61.1.0.10
    Driver's Date: 22/9/2006

www.chicony.com has the driver's but it is a dead link lead to their FTP.

Any idea what driver that I can use to make the webcam works? Or what must I do to make the webcam works.

Thanks.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Smile Re: hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

just wanted to thank leepriestenator and the rest of guys for input ,was able to successfully upgrade from vista ->Xp (i consider it as upgrade not downgrade )
    Quote Originally Posted by zze86 View Post
    okay, I received my TX yesterday but I need some help loading XP onto the machine. It basically goes into a perpetual loop. I get past the formatting screen, XP copies its files, then it asks to be rebooted. It reboots but it just goes through the process all over again. I attempted to have it boot from the HDD and it seems like it doesn't recognize that there is a HDD. How do I load drivers for the HDD or what am I doing wrong here?

while trying to re-install vista, I get to the recovery manager and I get error 0x4001100200001004. I have no idea what this is
    Quote Originally Posted by beckib View Post
    I'm new here, but have been reading all the posts on this thread for the past couple of days. I just bought my TX1000 last week, and Vista is already driving me crazy.

I've downloaded all the files from post #39 (thanks for all your hard work getting those ready for us!).

Just checked my XP installation disk, and it says it includes Service Pack 1a, not 2. Does this mean I will need to purchase a new one to do this conversion? I noticed that zze86 had a problem with the XP installation looping and am afraid I will run into the same problem if I try to use the disk I have.

i too was facing the same problem but was able to found the solution in the google translation of the spanish page listed on post 37 and 38 by leepriestenator

instead of formatting the hard disk and just running the xp setup ,you should first delete all the partitions and then format and install xp otherwise you would run into xp nstallation looping problem.

as for sp2 problem ,once i solved the looping problem and installed xp ,just installed the LAN and wireless driver from 215 MB package leepriestenator has uploaded and installed sp2 from internet via windows update

i hope it solves the issue .
    Last edited by panchi2131; 01-08-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Panchi2131, thanks for your post! I was not looking forward to investing another $130 for an operating system while the Vista that came with the PC was not used at all. I think I'm going to try to convert my system tomorrow.

Again, thanks to all who have shared their experiences. I would not have the guts to try this without the expert advice from everyone here.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default HP tx1308nr - Help need graphic card driver!!!

I bought this laptop at best buys and vista was really slow so I loaded XP pro on it and I got most of the entire driver to work except for the graphic cards. I think it has the GEforce Go 6150 from Nvidia. I've try nearly all the drivers on the HP site and ones that suppose to work with 6150 but still every time I get done installing, I get a message saying driver does not work with my card. Does any know have a driver that works????

Please help!! I don’t want to go back to vista!!

"I will do science to it"

Default Re: HP tx1308nr - Help need graphic card driver!!!

Hi bored7one4,

I'll refer you to this thread which should answer all your questions: hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP. I'd recommend you pay close attention to replies by leepriestenator who provides the necessary drivers and instructions to get Windows XP and your tx1000 series notebook to work correctly.

In addition, the drivers you downloaded from HP are Vista-only. They are not intended to run on a previous operating system like Windows XP.
    "Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem"
    — Latin saying, "Remember to keep a calm mind in difficulties"
    Tablet PC General FAQWTPCSIB? FAQTPCR Forum Rules

Search! Your question may have been already answered!

Mobile Mini Roadmap:
    Intel: Sandy Bridge 2ndGen. 32nm / Huron River (Q1 2011); Ivy Bridge 22nm (2011)
    AMD: Platforms: Sabine/Fusion (2011); Brazos/Fusion (H1 2011)

Pen Pal - Newbie

you can play with beta drivers off laptopvideo2go.com

Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone put up the file in a different mirror, please? For some reason I can't download it off rapidshare, it says i have used up my limit and i need to wait another 83 mins and this is entering to the site the first time.

Pen Pal - Newbie

As for the graphics driver, you can use sp33549.exe. You still have to update the driver though Add and Remove Hardware control panel manually, and it's an older driver compared to the new one from nVidia. But it works flawlessly, nevertheless.

I have tried the nVidia's graphics driver and manually use 6150 driver, but the screen flickers each time it awakes from "turn off monitor" power saving. Can still be recoved by pressing fn+F4 multiple times, though.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow thanks for all the great info. One more question for you guys... Is it me or when upgrading to winXP that the battery runs out faster then when it on vista? As of right now i haven't done the updates that lee posted yet.

Thread Information