Malfunctioning HP Stylus Pen - tc4400

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Smile Malfunctioning HP Stylus Pen - tc4400

Hi - First post, so be kind )

I've had an HP tc4400 (T7200 version) for some years but at some point lost the stylus and interest in the tablet. Recently, however, I restarted the tablet and upgraded to Win 7 (Professional) and to 2Gig Ram. It works great now - delighted with it - so, in going the whole hog I ordered a new stylus - an HP 2710p one which I am assured is the same stylus as for the tc4400.

However, after much messing about with drivers the best I can get is some form of 'upside down' response - the pen only interfaces with the eraser end rather than the point. I can hold the eraser end onto the screen to select and click etc but get nothing from the point end. Its driving me mad! I've tried al the usual software config within windows but nothing lets me fix this or change the functioning of the buttons

The software I am using is Pen Wacom V7.0.2.24 Win7_32.

Any advice much appreciated

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Malfunctioning HP Stylus Pen - tc4400

I'd check if the pen you got is working correctly with some other Tablet PC. This smells a bit like a hardware problem to me.
    HP TC4400 - T7600, Wifi Link 5100 (modded BIOS), Momentun XT 500GB, crazy undervolting - retired
    3.4 pound slate based on a TC4400

Asus vivotab note 8 64GB

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I would agree with Hanzo. I never saw software cause the tip to not function. Likely broken.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah! Thanks guys. Feared that! Thats a pain - will send it back as I dont have anything else to try this on.

Thanks for your response - much appreciated!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys, sorry to open this back up again, but eventually I got a replacement and its exactly the same as before!! I don't really want to go back to 2005 Tablet edition to use this thing, do you have any ideas what might be done? - more recent OS which works (even non-windows)/ different driver (where/ what?) etc. I just feel its a pity that this great wee machine cannot work with the input device as intended

Cheers for any suggestions

Super Moderator

<<...eventually I got a replacement and its exactly the same as before...>>

thomas: A couple of thoughts:

<> Any Wacom "penabled" pen should work with your TC4400, so the fact that you're having trouble (independent of the vintage of driver that you're using) is immediately suspicious. Other than your "new" HP2710p stylus, have you tried any other Wacom stylus on your tablet? For example, is there a computer store near you where you might be able to try another pen from one of the display models?

<> Second, you mention that your tc4400 is older. The pen is only half of the digitizing process; the screen digitizer is the other half. There is a possibility that your screen digitizer has developed a fault. The fact that you are getting a reaction (the eraser) would seem to indicate that this isn't your problem, but tests with a known good pen will really help to sort this out...

Thread Information