Q550 - Windows 8 - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Q550 - Windows 8

Dear All,

I'm a new Q550 user, thanks for this thread and all your tips.

Concerning the Drivers, I installed the DeskUpdate tools, ran it in Win7 compatibility mode, and I've been able to installed all applications and drivers exception the N-trig one.

I contacted N-Trig as they announced to several places on their website that they are supporting Windows 8 CP but without providing any drivers... I received a reply to my mail and the divers will be available in the middle of next week :-)

I've a question concerning the auto-rotate function, I installed the application and the drivers successfully, but I didn't find where in the Control Panel I could assign the rotation function to a the physical button. Could you help me on this ?

I've got also a remark concerning the touch screen, I'm bit disappointed about the response, I was thinking to have something like the Ipad, just passing my finger onto the screen to scroll through all the applications, but here, I have really to press my forger against the screen to scroll it. Whit the pen it's working very well, but with the finger, it's really not really responsive.

Thank you
    Christopher

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherKeyaert View Post
    Dear All,

I'm a new Q550 user, thanks for this thread and all your tips.

Concerning the Drivers, I installed the DeskUpdate tools, ran it in Win7 compatibility mode, and I've been able to installed all applications and drivers exception the N-trig one.

I contacted N-Trig as they announced to several places on their website that they are supporting Windows 8 CP but without providing any drivers... I received a reply to my mail and the divers will be available in the middle of next week :-)

I've a question concerning the auto-rotate function, I installed the application and the drivers successfully, but I didn't find where in the Control Panel I could assign the rotation function to a the physical button. Could you help me on this ?

I've got also a remark concerning the touch screen, I'm bit disappointed about the response, I was thinking to have something like the Ipad, just passing my finger onto the screen to scroll through all the applications, but here, I have really to press my forger against the screen to scroll it. Whit the pen it's working very well, but with the finger, it's really not really responsive.

Thank you
    Christopher
    Hi Christopher
    I had the same issue when I was using W7 on the Q550. Can't remember exactly which app it was in the control panel, but you just need to re-calibrate the screen (without any user input). It just takes a few seconds but makes a BIG difference to the finger scrolling

Hope this helps

CD (UK)

Hey Guys
    The N-Trig Drivers are available for download - pulling them off now

http://www.ntrig.com/Content.aspx?Pa...nloads_Drivers

CD (UK)

Installed and working good. Really responsive on the Metro Start Screen; Excel; Explorer etc. and excellent on IE10

CD (UK)

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
    Installed and working good. Really responsive on the Metro Start Screen; Excel; Explorer etc. and excellent on IE10

CD (UK)
    Need to get home from work to try it!!

Multitouch all working well?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
    Hey Guys
    The N-Trig Drivers are available for download - pulling them off now

Downloads & Drivers - N-trig

CD (UK)
    Can't believe there is someone looking for these more often than me Multitouch good, all 4 points present & correct. Thanks NTrig!

Pen Pal - Newbie

Any use for the other 4 points? Am just pinching to zoom at the moment.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, not to sound ungrateful but I can't see how to disable the pen or touch. I assume they have just provided drivers and not the utilities, anyone worked this out?

I wonder if the windows 7 utilties still work?

Also, is the pen working too in addition to touch?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Now it's just a waiting game for the GMA600 Win8 drivers... but my confidence level in Intel to deliver is almost zero.

Thread Information