T580 and Q550 thoughts/questions - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wait and Hope.

Default Re: T580 and Q550 thoughts/questions

If there is any way to hold off from buying a new unit ATM, I would. I would go on ebay and spend $40-50 for a keyboard to hold you over with your Slate 2 until Low Powered Ivy Bridge units are released and possibly, Windows 8 if you can wait that long. I have the feeling that we are in for quite a few variations on the tablet/dock, convertible ultrabook, tablet/keyboard folio concepts.

I expect that the functionality of slates will significantly improve and convertibles will be mich lighter and more powerful. Batteries should benefit as well.
    THINKPAD X301 | ASUS Note 8 | NOKIA 928

Function over Form

I've decided to hold off. The Slate 2 is a great machine, but I think when the T580 is reiterated or Fujitsu comes out with something the same dimensions or smaller, I'll probably spring for it.

I really appreciate all the feedback here. This forum has been very helpful!

2d
    Current Mobile:
    Lenovo x230 - i5, 16gb RAM, 256 ssd, 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, w8 pro x64
    Lenovo X220t - i7-2620M, 16gb RAM, 80gb ssd, 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, w8 pro x64
    Past:
    OQO 01, 02 RIP, Fujitsu P1510d (Still have but not using) ,Acer 1825ptz, Samsung Series 7 Slate - A01 & A03, HP Slate 2, MS Surface Pro 128gb, MS Surface Pro 2 4gb/128gb, Lenovo Thinkpad 8 - 64gb

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I just spent a half hour with the T580. With the two different straps and hand holding straps added to the unit, it makes for a very secure grip.

Many machines you worry about holding. The two different hand holds or straps you can purchase could make a significant difference in what you want to purchase.

I have carried and used several machines standing up but the lack of a good handle has made me very careful when handling them.

The Fujitsu grips and straps are engineered very well that you almost do not have to worry or even think about carrying the machine.

The added security makes a huge difference in productivity while holding the machine, walking around and entering input.

All the other machines you spend much time worrying about how not to drop the machine, instead of getting your work done.
    Toshiba 3500 and HP TM2 and Lenovo X230

Thread Information