Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member
    179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7940 ± 420 parsecs from center of galaxy

Default Re: Fujitsu's new T90: THE most powerful TabletPC, bar none

Quote Originally Posted by AmbiDextrose View Post
    Folks,

I found the specsheet for this thing:

https://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp...ebook-t901.pdf

Curiously, it doesn't mention anything about using NVIDIA's Optimus switching technology but there are a few interesting tidbits:

• supports SB i7(2.7GHz), i5(2.5GHz and 2.3GHz), ans i3(2.1GHz)
    • the tablet supports 5-finger multi-touch
    • the scroll strip on the old T5010 has been replaced with a scroll wheel
    • has DisplayPort and HDMI ports
    • has one USB 3.0 port
    • although is on the heavy side, reports around 9hrs of battery time (probably stand-by)
    Thanks!
    Wow, Fujitsu is really something, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 3.0 and 5 finger multi touch.

and yup, no mention of Optimus under Graphic section, just "Intel® HD Graphics".
    FYI GBM (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/01...r-multi-touch/) said
    Update: PCMag.com reports it will feature NVIDIA Optimus technology, but I don’t see that anywhere else. I suspect that was a misquote or error on the part of a company rep.

Too bad Fujitsu decided to put 2 WLAN antennae on T901 in contrast to 3 antennae on T5010.
    I really appreciate it when my tablet is able to connect to AP with weak signal while other laptops are barely able to see the SSID
    Last edited by RazzNuts; 01-08-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    -RaZZ

Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 [Stolen]
    HP Elitebook 2740p / Core i5 / 8GB RAM / Pen-Only / Gobi 2000 3G Module/ Win8 Pro
    Dell Venue 8 Pro
    / 64 GB / Pen-less until new revision available

My friends call me Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RazzNuts View Post
    Thanks!
    Wow, Fujitsu is really something, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 3.0 and 5 finger multi touch.

and yup, no mention of Optimus under Graphic section, just "Intel® HD Graphics".
    FYI GBM (Fujitsu Lifebook T901 quietly announced with five-finger multi-touch | GottaBeMobile) said

Too bad Fujitsu decided to put 2 WLAN antennae on T901 in contrast to 3 antennae on T5010.
    I really appreciate it when my tablet is able to connect to AP with weak signal while other laptops are barely able to see the SSID

I don't get the value of 5 finger multitouch, and it sounds more like Ntrig than Wacom. Also, note that the displayport and dvi ports are on the port replicator only; the base unit has HDMI (which the 900 did not) and VGA, which it claims to support 1920X1200 - new one on me.

This is a more thoughtful upgrade than Fujitsu has done in a long time and it's somewhat gratifying to see they managed to get the Sandy Bridge cpus in at roughly the same price point as the Core i predecessors (based on a press release stating starting prices of $1,900.

Still, they couldn't be bothered to increase the screen resoution - WXGA on a 13.3" is pretty lame - and it looks like it will remain the sewing machine of tablets
    Tablets: Samsung Note 8 Wacom, 8"IPS (almost perfect, but Android), Nexus 7 2 2013 (for sale), iPad 3 (sold), Nook HD (dead), Former tablet PCs: HP 2740p/2730p, Fujitsu T730, others..
    HP Spectre 13T-300013: IPS QHD, Haswell i7, 8GB, 256GB, get this: $1,050 w/all discounts!
    Sony VPC-Z13 13" Core i7-640M, nVidia 330M, 8GB, 256GB RAID0, 900p, every port in the universe! 3 lbs. Trully legendary; one to keep til it dies. Also, Sony VPC-Z22, , same specs but i7-2640,FHD,2.5 lbs,worse ergnomics.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I just got back from CES and brought back a quick video of hands on with the T901 prototype. Nothing special. I did not even know about the 5 finger multitouch. I don't remember if I tried Paint in the video...

BTW, the prototype only has the Intel HD 3000 video. I was told that the nVidia option is coming. Some new things I did see on the machine: HDMI port, USB 3.0 port, revised modular optical bay release latch that now works while docked, and scroll circle pad to the right of the touch pad.

Give me some time to rest and I'll try to post the video while at work tomorrow.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

ZaZ
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

That does look pretty sweet. It looks like Fujitsu is sticking with 16:10, while the new X220t appears to be going 16:9, which is a letdown. I don't care about the GPU, but if the LCD were WXGA+ it'd be killer.

All about the T5010/T900

So...
    Is Fujitsu using Wacom or N-Trig for the active-only and/or multi-touch T901 models?

Fujitsu T5010
    - C2D 2.4GHz / 4GB DDR3 / 160GB X25-M G2 SSD / Windows 7 Pro 32-bit
    Used for Photoshop illustration - see the results at LunaKenei at deviantART

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian View Post
    So...
    Is Fujitsu using Wacom or N-Trig for the active-only and/or multi-touch T901 models?
    On the prototype, it's only a 2 point multi-touch, so both capacitive and the active was from Wacom.

Pen Pal - Newbie

How was the weight? The video cut off just as you were asking it.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

The weight felt about the same as T900, which is very good for it's size.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

It's a prototype, but it still has WANT written all over it, that's for sure. Compatible with T5010/T900 batteries, USB 3.0, FireWire, ExpressCard/54, HDMI and VGA, that gorgeous LCD...

Really, all it needs now is NVIDIA Optimus. Too bad I probably won't have $2,000+ to spend on one, since it's probably an option that'll drive the price up at least $200. But at least Fujitsu is dead set on a truly no-compromises convertible Tablet PC for those with the cash, and it'll probably still be a fairly viable model five years from now, as the price drops on the second-hand market. (Imagine how much better top-of-the-line could be in five years...)

Thread Information