Tablet Prop?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tablet Prop?

Tablet Newbie

Default Tablet Prop?

This may come as an unusual question but I was wondering if there are any methods (a dock, special hardware, etc.) to prop a tablet up.

To illustrate what the functionality I'm looking for, I did a quick google searching and found http://www.tabletpcreview.com/assets/3883.jpg

Obviously that prop is built into the slate but I was wondering if anyone happened to know a product that does that. Perhaps a laptop cooling pad that happens to be much thicker towards the back.

As I type on my T5010 right now, I'm using a box as my makeshift solution, and it makes viewing the tablet much easier than setting it down on a flat surface or holding in my arm for hours on end.

I even made a picture to show you guys XD. Obviously not very efficient. This isn't an indispensable aspect and I'll live without it, but it would be pretty useful. I'd much rather lug around a dock or pad in my backpack than pull out a retarded box wherever I went.

Also, just got this tablet 2 days ago. It is very sexy.

Tablet PC Lover

Default Re: Tablet Prop?

This is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-82410-.../ref=pd_cp_e_1. It works very well.
    Fujitsu T2010: 1.06 Ghz Centrino Duo ULV, 4GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Vista Business SP2, OneNote 2007, Samsung Writemaster S204N External DVD Drive

Tablet Newbie

Ooh, thanks for the reply .

This is pretty much exactly what I need. Should've done a more intensive search o_o.

The reviews have some complaints about it advertising a USB hub on amazon but not having one. I don't really need it, but just out of curiosity, does yours have one?

Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know where you live, but if you happen to live near an IKEA, they have some super cheap ones. Like 4€ or maybe 5-6$.

It doesn't do anything but act as a stand, but it's nice for the price, even if it just is a shaped piece of thick pastic.
    It's called BRÄDA, or so says their website.

Tablet Newbie

I looked it up, thanks for the help!

In case anyone else is interested:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60150176

I don't live too close to one but it's not completely out of the way either. Haven't been for a while xD

Thanks again

Pen Pro - Senior Member

If you like a higher viewing angle than the Ikea prop you can convert to tablet mode and use a table easel (~USD$10 from any art store), the nice thing is that this way you can go either portrait or landscape.

Googling for "reading stand" will also get a variety of different prducts for holding up books.
    Last edited by Fishface; 08-13-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Tablet PC Lover

Mine did not come with the USB thingy. I didn't need it anyway. I love it though. It is very sturdy and comfortable to use.
    Fujitsu T2010: 1.06 Ghz Centrino Duo ULV, 4GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Vista Business SP2, OneNote 2007, Samsung Writemaster S204N External DVD Drive

Thread Information