Fujitsu T4020 Bios password

+ Reply to Thread
    Happy Fujitsu T4020 user

Default Fujitsu T4020 Bios password

I purchased a 2nd hand T4020 from a laptop shop and now I am facing some bios issue.

The bios prompts me for password when I tried enter Bios setup via F2 button.
    I contacted the laptop shop and the laptop shop does not know the password to the bios either.

A few question:
    1. Is there any master/backdoor password I could use to bypass this?
    2. Can the bios be clear by removing the CR2032 battery and put them back after 1 minute, just like Desktop mainboard?

I tried using programs like !bios and killbios, they failed to crack and clear the bios to what I wanted
    killbios is able to clear my bios, including the date time till 01/01/2005, but the password is still around...

If 2nd solution is a possible solution, i will return the laptop to the shop, ask them to disassemble the laptop and remove the cmos battery to clear the bios.

Veteran Moderator

Default Re: Fujitsu T4020 Bios password

I'm 99% sure the removing the cmos battery would work, im not sure why it wouldn't. Only issue would be that it is extremely difficult to reach.

You could send it into fujitsu and see if they have a way of removing it.

Happy Fujitsu T4020 user

I will prefer to go back to the laptop shop and ask the service guys to help me remove and place the battery. I am expecting them not to charge me for it.

Fujitsu website (Asia Pacific) stated that they will require to send the laptop to Japan Factory to refresh the CMOS chip. It will take up to 2 weeks, depending on shipping method. Man, I do not have the time since my university lesson is starting this friday. lolx

I am hoping it works the same way as desktop mainboards of clearing cmos via removing CR2032 battery.

OT: the deal of X61t in ur sig seems to be very good. In USD or in British pounds? lolx
    Even it is pounds, still good deal~!

Veteran Moderator

OT: its in Canadian dollars, but you already missed out

Happy Fujitsu T4020 user

Quote Originally Posted by kpvic View Post
    OT: its in Canadian dollars, but you already missed out
    OT: Wow, great deal. Even if the shipping cost will be whopping to ship to Singapore. :P

Using T2010 for my work

As I know and encountered, for some branded computers in desktop or notebook, you cannot only remove the battery to clear the password since the password are actually stored in the Flash ROM. It is not stored in CMOS. The password are saved by means of flashing BIOS(like as update BIOS) so it becomes a part of your BIOS data. Thus, removing battery is useless if it is in case.

Unfortunately, as I remembered, I made something on my T2010 before, maybe I do something to let the battery disconnect to the motherbard a moment, all CMOS data is cleared includes the date, but all password are still presented. Thus, you need to expect removing battery may not help for you.
    Technical Support of Colourful Zone Online Shopping Store

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    I will prefer to go back to the laptop shop and ask the service guys to help me remove and place the battery. I am expecting them not to charge me for it.

Fujitsu website (Asia Pacific) stated that they will require to send the laptop to Japan Factory to refresh the CMOS chip. It will take up to 2 weeks, depending on shipping method. Man, I do not have the time since my university lesson is starting this friday. lolx

I am hoping it works the same way as desktop mainboards of clearing cmos via removing CR2032 battery.

OT: the deal of X61t in ur sig seems to be very good. In USD or in British pounds? lolx
    Even it is pounds, still good deal~!
    Does anybody know the physical differences between a 4010 and a 4020? I am very familiar with the insides of the 4010 and remembered that there are two batteries in it.

One is a package of what looks like 6 batteries in green heatshrinking near the front of the palmrest, the other is a single (looks like a 2032) in yellow heatshrink right about in the center of the base unit.

Getting to either of them requires removing the bezel above the keyboard, keyboard, screen, top half of the base plastics, and the metal plate under the keyboard.

I've never had a 4020 in my hands though, so I'm not sure what differs.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

On some motherboards (i dont have any experience with laptop chips though) you can change a jumper which is labelled "CMOS" or something to that effect, and it will reset the BIOS to default settings if you leave it for 5 seconds or so, then boot up. Or try booting up, then turning it back off etc. with the jumper reset.

Happy Fujitsu T4020 user

Ok... mind any kind souls can help me save his/her T4020 (intel WLAN ver) cmos bios configuration settings via mbios or !bios(did I get the software right?) and upload here or email me at soon(at)printingsoon(dot)com please??

Please help me spread around. I am afraid the bios might lock up if I change HDD. Find my 40GB too small to my liking.

Thread Information