How to unlock Secondary Landscape Orientation on the T5010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Think tank & Designer

Lightbulb How to unlock Secondary Landscape Orientation on the T5010

If you want to unlock the Secondary Landscape Orientation you will find the guide on Page 3 of this thread. I still suggest you read over the entire thread, or at least skim over it.

Original thread is as follows:

Hey guys,
    I contacted Intel to find out why the Intel GMA x4500 driver did not support secondary landscape orientation. Here is the message I sent to Intel. Be warned, this is a lot to read ;D

Contact Us Subject: Feedback
    details: I am curious to know why there is no 360 Degree rotation ability with the new Intel GMA x4500 Integrated Graphics Chip.

I have a Tablet PC and not being able to Rotate to Secondary Landscape is a big annoyance. Is there a driver out there I can download that will allow this? Does intel plan to fix this?
    To which I receieved a response of:
    1. The rotation feature can be enabled or disabled by the computer manufacturer depending on their designs and target markets.

2. Intel makes available generic versions of the Intel(R) graphics drivers. However, Intel always recommends that you check with your computer manufacturer and use the latest Intel graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes in the drivers they provide for your computer.

- If you have already tried the latest driver from your computer manufacturer and would like to try instead the generic Intel graphics driver, you may download the latest generic driver from the Intel Download Center:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...ProductID=2996

Before installing the above driver, we recommend you to review the following URL:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-028594.htm

3. If during the installation of the Intel generic drivers you get this message: "driver not validated on this computer", go here for further instructions: http://support.intel.com/support/gra.../CS-022355.htm

Please contact your computer manufacturer for additional information and troubleshooting assistance

For your convenience, the Intel(R) G45 Express Chipset offers Top Technical Issues and FAQs at this link:
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphic...lg45/index.htm
    Which includes the latest technical articles, FAQs, and support information for this product.
    I tried what they reccomended. I downloaded the drivers off the intel site and tried to update the driver installed with the "Have disk" method because I was getting the "This driver is not verified for your system" (not verbatim) error.

I sent another e-mail, which said:
    I am able to rotate the screen from 0 to 90 to 270 to -90 degrees (basically from landscape to portrait, to secondary portrait, then to landscape again. There is no secondary landscape option.)

I tried the Intel driver from the download page and I used the "have disk" method to install it. The system told me I had the most up-to-date driver, which makes me believe Fujitsu did not modify the driver.

Are you not able to tell me if the Gma x4500 supports Secondary Landscape and why???
    The final response from Allan, the tech is as follows:
    The Intel(R) G45 Express Chipset and the Intel(R) Graphics Driver are capable to rotate the screen at any position available, however, your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes in the drivers and the video BIOS.
    Conclusion: It is confirmed that the tablet hardware is capable (which is what I thought. It'd be completely rediculous if it was not able to!) of displaying secondary landscape, but it is somehow locked.

So...I am going to eventually call Fujitsu and ask them about this as well as the wobbly power plug connector. I want to know if they disabled secondary landscape...and why. Oh, and how to FIX it.

I thought of uninstalling the driver for the GMA but I wasn't sure if that would make my screen go blank, or if my processor would take on the graphics task whilst forcefully installing the downloaded Intel driver. Anyone care to advise?
    Last edited by Grimnir; 10-12-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Solved the issue!
    Fujitsu Lifebook T5010| Intel C2D T9400 2.53 Ghz | 4GB Ram | 320 GB 7200 HDD | Atheros XSPAN ABGN | Modular Bay Battery | Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (bluetooth)

A day spent without learning something is a day wasted.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: T5010 Investigation: Why no secondary landscape?

I also don't recommend unistalling the graphics drivers. It happend twice, but with XP, that I had a blank screen in the end and had to install the graphic drivers sightless. That was not funny.

Have you tried the zip file and the device manager or the exe file with the setup to install the drivers?

Last option is a blank Vista with the intel drivers installed the first time, and not the Fujitsu drivers.

Tablet Lead Mod (Retired)

strange that you got a blank screen at best you should have had generic drivers replacing your uninstalled drivers, the generic drivers won't offer the correct resolution etc available & sleep, hibernate etc would be missing, but you would be able to see.

I have no reservations about advising someone to remove or uninstall graphics drivers.

I do not respond to PM's or emails for personal support.
    Please direct your queries to the appropriate forums, our community is willing & able to help!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drtigerlilly View Post
    strange that you got a blank screen at best you should have had generic drivers replacing your uninstalled drivers, the generic drivers won't offer the correct resolution etc available & sleep, hibernate etc would be missing, but you would be able to see.
    I thought this, too, that's why I've removed the old ones to make a "clean" update , sadly I saw nothing after a reboot and after windows booted up, I tried every output, like DVI, VGA, video, tried it with VNC viewer, but sadly saw nothing. Happened with a Geforce 3 in a desktop and with ATI don't know the name in a notebook.
    Well, since then I don't uninstall any graphic driver or at least I would try to avoid a reboot after I've uninstalled one.

Think tank & Designer

Frank,
    I'd tried with the .exe from the Intel site. I can try again with the .zip file, and yes I tried through device manager and the "have disk" method.

You know what? I still have the hard disk drive that came with the T5010, its got the operating system on it and nothin' else (i swapped drives as soon as I got it. Didn't even turn it on). I'll try messing with the graphics drivers on THAT hard disk drive (after backing up :X) and seeing if I can get secondary landscape to work.
    Fujitsu Lifebook T5010| Intel C2D T9400 2.53 Ghz | 4GB Ram | 320 GB 7200 HDD | Atheros XSPAN ABGN | Modular Bay Battery | Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (bluetooth)

Tablet Convert

I just can't believe they (whoever did it) would actually disable secondary landscape. It sucks. Thanks for all your work tracking down an answer, and please keep us updated!
    Tablet config : Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 : Intel Core2Duo P8600 @ 2.4 GHz (undervolted): Seagate Momentus XT 250 Gb HD : 3 Gb RAM : 1280x800 13.3" I/O WXGA : Modular DVD multi/battery/blank : Windows 7 - inking in English, Trad Chinese, German

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Ok, Grimnir, let's do some little driver modification.
    What exactly you have to do, don't know, but here is a possible way which should unlock the fourth orientation:

Download the latest official Fujitsu graphics driver.
    Extract the .exe file in a folder. Open him, inside open the graphics folder, there open the "kit14103.inf" file with notepad.

After you've opened it we will see in the first lines a few intersting comments, like
    ; Mobile PC with Limited Rotation feature
    Well, we are on the right way.

So let's search for the term "rotation" in this file.
    You will find a few places where you can change some flags and some entries. What exactly you have to modify, I don't know.

But I think one of this two ways should work:
    1. Search for the term "FJ_Enable_Limited_Rotation.AddReg" and replace the term with "FJ_Enable_Rotation.AddReg". Two times, don't replace the term which is between the two brackets (see point below)

2. search for "[FJ_Enable_Limited_Rotation.AddReg]" and remove the first four lines
    ; Disable/hide 180 degree rotation
    HKLM,"%CUIDeviceIndependentKey%\igfxcfg\resources" ,"559",%REG_SZ%,""
    HKLM,"%CUIDeviceIndependentKey%\igfxcfg\resources" ,"3119",%REG_SZ%,""
    HKLM,"%CUIDeviceIndependentKey%\hkcmd\resources"," 3109",%REG_SZ%,""
    After you've done one of the two options, save the file and install the driver.

I hope that everything is "unlocked" now.
    Last edited by Frank; 10-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Think tank & Designer

Frank,
    I will try the above in a moment. Let me turn on my PC and replace the hard drive.

I'll do driver mods on that hard drive, but I won't do bios tweaks or anything that may flash them dead on accident xD

Edit:
    Okay I have the old hard drive in and I'm updating the review to reflect the crap I'm finding on this factory direct vs the install I did.

Downloading Fujitsu driver now Frank ;D
    Last edited by Grimnir; 10-10-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Think tank & Designer

Frank,
    Downloading from Fujitsu's support site only gives me an .exe file. There is no .zip file.

are you talking about the available download from Intel? The zip file from them does contain a graphics file, but no kit14103.inf file.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I also don't recommend unistalling the graphics drivers. It happend twice, but with XP, that I had a blank screen in the end and had to install the graphic drivers sightless. That was not funny.

Have you tried the zip file and the device manager or the exe file with the setup to install the drivers?

Last option is a blank Vista with the intel drivers installed the first time, and not the Fujitsu drivers.
    Frank, have you tried going into Safe Mode [F8] and removing the driver from there? You should be able to see with the standard VGA driver.

Thread Information