How to unlock Secondary Landscape Orientation on the T5010 - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tablet Convert

Default Re: How to unlock Secondary Landscape Orientation on the T5010

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir View Post
    Flybane,
    I haven't been ignoring your posts, I've just been swamped. Did you customize your button settings for all orientations? (Guessing you did) because I hadn't yet. They seemed to do what they were supposed to by default. I'll try to customize mine and see if they work in secondary landscape. I suspect thats what the 0~12 keys are.
    Hey, no problem, it's not like I expect you to have no life or something, and you've gone above and beyond already - I didn't customize for all, I was hoping to use the "all orientations" setting and have exactly the same buttons for all of them. It's a really small issue, though, and one easily fixed by customizing the secondary landscape individually. So really, don't feel like you have to spend a bunch of time on this or anything. Just wanted to mention it so that folks are aware of the potential "issue."
    Tablet config : Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 : Intel Core2Duo P8600 @ 2.4 GHz (undervolted): Seagate Momentus XT 250 Gb HD : 3 Gb RAM : 1280x800 13.3" I/O WXGA : Modular DVD multi/battery/blank : Windows 7 - inking in English, Trad Chinese, German

Pen Pal - Newbie

Grimnr, I am very glad you figured out how to do this as it was quite an annoyance. The problem I have is that the tablet buttons don't work fully. My screen orientation button goes from primary to portrait to second. landscape and stops working. Also, if I go into the tablet and pen settings it says Iit does not recognize any of the buttons. I am using 32 bit XP. right after I did all the registry editing and rebooted all of the buttons still worked, but it seems that overnight they decided to stop working. Any ideas.

Think tank & Designer

Flybane,
    would you be able to get a screen shot of the Tablet PC settings Buttons Panel showing the "All orientations" Option selected? I'd like to see what you see so I can try and discern what to do. I've retained all of my button functionality.

Snowman,
    How do you mean they don't work "fully"? I'm afraid I need more information to troubleshoot than that. If you could take a screenshot of the Tablet PC settings button tab as well for me I would appreciate it. When you switch to tablet mode is there an error message that pops up saying it doesnt recognize the buttons, or does this error show in Tablet PC settings? You said you rebooted and they still worked, did you shut down or put the computer to sleep before returning to it to find that the buttons have stopped working? Does a reboot restore functionality to them?
    Fujitsu Lifebook T5010| Intel C2D T9400 2.53 Ghz | 4GB Ram | 320 GB 7200 HDD | Atheros XSPAN ABGN | Modular Bay Battery | Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (bluetooth)

A day spent without learning something is a day wasted.

Tablet Convert

Hi Grimnir,
    I'm actually re-doing my system *again* because that wireless crap was acting up again... It seems like some installs work and other times I recover the system and it doesn't help. Oh well, I felt like my system hadn't been the most stable thing ever, anyway, but this is getting really annoying, and maybe I'll buy an Intel card after all! I'll try the unlocking again after I get this all set up again, and if "all orientations" still doesn't work, I'll post the screenshot.
    Tablet config : Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 : Intel Core2Duo P8600 @ 2.4 GHz (undervolted): Seagate Momentus XT 250 Gb HD : 3 Gb RAM : 1280x800 13.3" I/O WXGA : Modular DVD multi/battery/blank : Windows 7 - inking in English, Trad Chinese, German

Think tank & Designer

Okay Flybane, I'm also curious to know if you were working at the native resolution or using another resolution. You also never replied with your settings on the Atheros thread. I am also still working on the ClearType issue, as I've noticed it does the same thing on my computer. Its not THAT bad, but still I'd like to find a solution.

I've just noticed that in my ButtonMaps Subkey that SecondaryLandscape has automatically been created.
    Last edited by Grimnir; 10-15-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    Fujitsu Lifebook T5010| Intel C2D T9400 2.53 Ghz | 4GB Ram | 320 GB 7200 HDD | Atheros XSPAN ABGN | Modular Bay Battery | Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (bluetooth)

Pen Pal - Newbie

The buttons work when I am in Primary Landscape, Primary Portrait, and Secondary Portrait. I can use all the buttons in these modes, but when I go into Secondary Landscape the buttons don't work. It worked right after I did the last step, but after I turned it off it started doing what I stated above.http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/bww33/

Tablet Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir View Post
    Okay Flybane, I'm also curious to know if you were working at the native resolution or using another resolution. You also never replied with your settings on the Atheros thread.
    Resolution: Native.

Atheros thread: was busy re-installing system to see if it would do anything (I guess it didn't) so didn't get to it; have not forgotten.

Thanks!

Think tank & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    The buttons work when I am in Primary Landscape, Primary Portrait, and Secondary Portrait. I can use all the buttons in these modes, but when I go into Secondary Landscape the buttons don't work. It worked right after I did the last step, but after I turned it off it started doing what I stated above.http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/bww33/
    I see. Okay, I'm looking into this. I don't have XP so it may be difficult, but I think I might be able to find a solution. I've been researching ClearType as well.

Has anyone else done this without problems? Is anyone else having different problems?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, right now it is no more of an annoyance than not having secondary landscape.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default I already had all 4 modes enabled, as default!

Hey guys - I was going to use this thread today to "unlock" the secondary landscape mode. But then I discovered that I already had all 4 modes available!!

I just got my T5010 yesterday, and I guess FSC has done some changes - cause right after starting the computer up, and going through the last steps of installing Vista Business, the secondary landscape mode works just fine.

If I can help with providing registry data etc. let me know and I'll try to dig up what I can.

Anyways, this was a nice suprise for me

Thread Information