FlipSteady. A slate cover born right here in these forums hits Kickstarter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default FlipSteady. A slate cover born right here in these forums hits Kickstarter

Hi all,

For those of you that don't remember me, I developed a unique Flip Stand and cover for the Asus EP121. I drew a lot of my early feedback from this forum while I posted my progress in designing the case. I would like to thank you all for your feedback and support.

We now call my invention the FlipSteady

We launched a Kickstarter project yesterday that offers the FlipSteady for the iPad 2 and The new iPad. You can check it out here.

FlipSteady for iPad 2 and The new iPad by Isaiah Coberly — Kickstarter

I fought like hell to make sure I included a version of the FlipSteady for the Asus slate but had to come to grips that I had my hands full just offering a version for the iPad.

That said, I have been contacted by a number of Ep121 owners disappointed that they cant have a FlipSteady for the EP121. I'm toying with the idea of just offering the ASUS case as a reward even though we didn't show it in the video. We can certainly make one and show it in an update.

Is anyone in?

Also, any further feedback and support from any of you is much appreciated.

I would like to have Tablet PC Review run a quick story on the FlipSteady. Anyone know who to talk to about that?

Thanks again,

Isaiah Coberly
    NewPencil Inc.
    Inventor

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: FlipSteady. A slate cover born right here in these forums hits Kickstarter

How to get "in" bro ? Puchase case for Ipad2 and get the EP 121 case free or ?

Super Moderator

Default Re: FlipSteady. A slate cover born right here in these forums hits Kickstarter

<<...Anyone know who to talk to about that?..>>

...Of course, TPCR can't endorse your product, but I don't see why it can't be mentioned. Suggest that you write a short descriptive article. It can be posted in the news forum.

I remember reading about that a long time ago. If I'm right the project didn't end up raising enough funds on Kickstarter. I think they are making the right move by going with one for the iPad. Has a chance of raising enough for that project.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Hey Isiah, glad to see this back in the works. And congrats on all your success with the new stand so far.

I'm in for the EP stand, assuming we're talking about roughly the same $$ contribution as currently showing on Kickstarter. And thanks for offering this!

And yes if one would be made for the EP121 I'd definitely buy it

Pen Pal - Newbie

As long as it doesn't collect my cats hairs, i would go for one myself. I don't like the original cover, viewing angles are just wrong for my use and it never stays put when i'm watching something in my bed for instance.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I would definitely get one of these if offered for the EP121. I love my slate. But it is very much under-served by the accessories market.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in..and as Dr. Macabre said .. "As long as it doesn't collect my cats hairs" - or weigh a ton (which it doesn't appear to do that).

Thanks for trying again. I was disappointed when it didn't happen last time because there aren't a lot of options.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Count me in. This tablet is in major need of a versatile folio.

Thread Information