Best cases for Venue 8?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best cases for Venue 8?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Question Best cases for Venue 8?

I see a few offerings for the Windows (Venue 8 Pro) model, but I can't tell if they will fit the Android version too (which is what I have). Any suggestions (or can anyone explain if the Android and Windows Venue 8's are physically identical and cases would likely be interchangeable)?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Best cases for Venue 8?

Thanks, those are the only ones I found too, but they don't seem to offer much protection. I see that Targus makes a nice ruggedized one for the Venue 8 Pro, but not the vanilla Android version. I was hoping for something in between (full-tactical and only the partial protection offered by the 2 you showed).

Scribbler - Standard Member

I really like my Dell folio. I do however have an 11 with keyboard for more intensive tasks. It is a little expensive if you ask me,I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't part of the package, but having it I really think its well designed, feels well built and looks very nice.

As far as I can tell, the android and pro are the same body, you could always just ask a rep.
    Last edited by binky_rutledge; 12-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Name:  tablet-venue-pro-8-love-mag-accessories-1.jpg
Views: 12727
Size:  68.6 KB

when when when already this is the keyboard case i want NOW

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by winimini123 View Post
    Name:  tablet-venue-pro-8-love-mag-accessories-1.jpg
Views: 12727
Size:  68.6 KB

when when when already this is the keyboard case i want NOW
    In practice, the dell keyboard case is going to be cumbersome if you want to use it outside a desk environment (on the bus, train). You have to keep storing the keyboard away somewhere while you hold the tablet in your hand.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Have you looked at the Targus case on the Dell website? It's really expensive, like $50, but very cool. Bumpers on the corners, screen protection, and an articulated handle. Overkill for most of us.

I got the Venue 8 Pro as a toy, while waiting for the 11 to come in, so I did not spring for this, but I did ordered the Targus cover for the 11. I intend to use the 11 in the field, all day, in all weather, inspecting buildings. I think the case will be worthwhile for that application. With the declining cost of tablets, breaking my computer on the job could cost me more than the price of the computer in lost revenue and travel.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

yikes a lot of these cases are fugly.

this one appears to be the best of the batch:

Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet, Only fit DELL Venue 8 Pro windows 8.1 tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

and I guess the dell one. those other cases ruin the form factor of having an 8 inch tablet. if I were to get those cases I might as well lug my old acer w500 around. (it is still quite a capable tablet running win8.1. I just want a smaller form factor)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    In practice, the dell keyboard case is going to be cumbersome if you want to use it outside a desk environment (on the bus, train). You have to keep storing the keyboard away somewhere while you hold the tablet in your hand.
    yeah. given that I already have a bt keyboard that looks quite similar to this made by motorola I am not seeing why this costs so much. honestly it looks like someone just put a dell logo on it.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Yeah, I understand small form factor - but when you use a tablet or any computer and rely on it for your income every single day in demanding conditions, it's worth having a case that protects it from bumps, drops, and the elements. Imagine trying to put a full notebook into a protective case. When you put a Venue 8 or 11 into one of these Targus SafePort cases, it's still a lot lighter and smaller than the old Panasonic Toughbooks. For some of us, a case means a sweet little slip of calf skin leather with gold monogrammed initials. For others it means a fortress. I've got another solution for unexpected bad weather situations - zip lock bags just the right size to let me work in the pouring rain without soaking the computer. Thin, and light. but don't keep a hot running machine inside them too long.

Thread Information