Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro -- Stylus Problems and Possible Fixes.... - Page 17

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro -- Stylus Problems and Possible Fixes....

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro -- Stylus Problems and Possible Fixes....

I was notified by Dell today that my stylus order, originally set to arrive tomorrow, will be delayed for 2 weeks. It might be Dell's usual inept order handling, but maybe, just maybe, they are implementing a fix for all the stylus problems. We will see....

I have a case with Dell tech support open since last week regarding the stylus, and it was escalated and is currently on hold, so something's up.

Pen Pal - Newbie

My Venue 8 Pro stylus clicks continuously while hovering.

Dell Support told me on Monday not to return it yet as there will be a second firmware update out in 3 to 4 days. When I said I was skeptical of this as it seemed a firmware release was unlikely so close to the Thanksgiving holidays, he insisted that it was so, and even scheduled a call back in less than a week to check back with me and see if the new firmware solved the problem.

I have been checking Dell's driver page from time to time and still nothing. Hope they are right, because as it is my Stylus is totally useless.

On a side note, why are there no drivers for this Pen? It seems unusual to fix a device like this in firmware repeatedly. Other similar pens like Wacom have drivers for there devices posted, yet there is nothing on the Dell or Synaptic websites.

The only pen related drivers appear to be the default Pen HID drivers in windows 8.1 which date back to 2006. Seems odd.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Mobiletechreview's video review showing the poor pen in action:

Dell Venue 8 Pro Active Stylus and Folio Case Review - YouTube

Doesn't seem like just a "vocal minority" problem to me, seems like you're more likely than not to get a dodgy pen.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Ok you are right we are currently now up to 12 people with bad pens. A few less than a "majority"

To be clear...i love mtr and all reviews are spot on.
    Last edited by tonyz3; 11-27-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by efjay View Post
    Mobiletechreview's video review showing the poor pen in action:

Dell Venue 8 Pro Active Stylus and Folio Case Review - YouTube

Doesn't seem like just a "vocal minority" problem to me, seems like you're more likely than not to get a dodgy pen.
    Jeez, that is horrible! I pray she has a hardware defect, but this is the first clear and concise video I've seen of the pen in full action (not just a few sentences)

Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone here have a v11p? Dell has advised me that any wacom active stylus will work on it. Anyone have one here to confirm?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zhewy View Post
    Anyone here have a v11p? Dell has advised me that any wacom active stylus will work on it. Anyone have one here to confirm?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    it uses a synaptics digitiser so wacom wont work

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fureien View Post
    it uses a synaptics digitiser so wacom wont work
    Thanks. YEah, that's what i'm reading too. I challenged the account manager multiple times on this, at which point he apparently personally contacted the product manager who confirmed that both the latitude 10 wacom stylus AND wacom active styluses in general will work with the pro 10. (I ordered the i3 version, 7130 if that makes any difference).

the exact response:
    "As per our conversation over the phone, I have confirmed with our product manager that the Wacom Active stylus will work with the venue 11 pro. "

Note also that they have a bulletin released 20/11 which explicitly states "latitude 10 stylus will not work with venue pro 11". Apparently, the product manager also confirmed this bulletin wrong.

I'm highly confused over this. has dell changed their mind? is there some major communication issues throughout the organisation?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myeyez View Post
    My stylus is showing up today. In a YouTube review they mentioned that the stylus scratches the screen and you need a screen protector. Is there any truth to this? I hate screen protectors but don't want my display scratched up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have had my stylus for about a month and have not scratched my screen.
    I have worked outside in the dust with it also.
    I just quickly rub the end of the pen on my finger
    before applying to the screen.
    No problems with scratches so far.
    I hate screen protectors.

Thread Information