Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 118 123451151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Dell announces Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro Windows 8.1 tablets (hands-on)

When you commit to something it's often difficult when you suddenly see something as, or more, sexy. I'm feeling brave and sticking with the Surface Pro 2 and looking heavily at the Venue 8 (Supports pen imput!).

The Venue Pro 11, however, is something that might fit right into the business ESPECIALLY due to having a removable battery
    Owned/Sold: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p/2760p/2x TM2, Asus EP121, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+2xPro, Dell Lat10, SurfPro 2, AcerW3, HP Split13 x2, Sams Ativtab 3, Lenovo Yoga11, MS Pro2 512GB. Current: MS SPro 3 256GB i7
    http://straywolves.blogspot.co.uk
    http://damianrjones.blogspot.co.uk

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro

Hello there V11P!

Venue 11 Pro

The larger Venue 11 Pro must have an 11-inch touchscreen, right? Wrong! It’s only 10.8 inches, but it delivers a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels, provides ten touch points, and can drive an external monitor via a mini-HDMI port or with Intel’s wireless display technology.

Dell will offer an optional docking station that can drive an external DisplayPort 1.2 monitor at resolutions up to 2560 by 1600 pixels (or an outboard HDMI 1.4 display at resolutions up to 1920 by 1080 pixels). Hand also showed me an optional docking keyboard/case accessory that effectively transforms the tablet into an Ultrabook. The keyboard felt great under my fingertips, and it houses a second battery for the tablet.
    Dell Venue Pro keyboard caseThe Venue 11 Pro's optional keyboard case is similar to the one Microsoft offers for its Surface Pro.

Speaking of batteries, the Venue 11 Pro’s is removable. Unfortunately, Dell doesn’t provide any means of charging a spare battery outside the tablet. Hand said the intent was more to provide the enterprise with flexibility than to extend the tablet’s runtime. Maybe he’ll change his mind if there’s enough demand for a battery-charging dock.

The Venue 11 Pro will be available in several configurations when it ships in November, with the base model powered by a quad-core Intel Atom Z3770 (Bay Trail family), 2GB of DDR3/1333 memory, and 32GB of solid-state storage. Dell will also offer models with Intel’s dual-core Pentium 3560Y processor (Bay Trail again) and several dual-core Haswell-class CPUs (the Core i3 4020Y, Core i5-4210Y, and Core i5-4300Y). The higher-end models will be equipped with either 4GB or 8GB of DDR3/1600 memory, and 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB SSDs.

An 8-megapixel camera is mounted on the back, and there’s a 2-megapixel camera in the front. You can plug in a headset for video conferencing or media playback, and a full-size USB 3.0 port supports devices such as external hard drives. A MicroSD card reader can add an additional 64GB of on-the-go storage.
    Dell Venue Pro dockThis optional docking station can transform the 11-inch Venue Pro into a mini workstation, complete with USB 3.0 ports, HDMI and DisplayPort video outputs, and hardwired ethernet.

Most Venue 11 Pro models will ship with a Dell Wireless 1537 dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi adapter, but models configured with Intel’s Core i5 with vPro CPU will have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter on-board. Bluetooth 4.0 and Near Field Communication (NFC) will be supported. As with the Venue 8 Pro, mobile broadband options—HSPA+ or LTE—will also be available.

Depending on the configuration, the Venue 11 Pro will weigh either 1.57 or 1.76 pounds and will range in thickness from 0.4 to 0.6 inches. Dell expects the base model to be available in November and has priced it at $500. The company didn’t announce pricing for the higher-end SKUs or for the accessories.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Is the 'Dell Active Stylus' a wacom or ntrig stylus?

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

The 8" with an active digitizer (especially Wacom) would be quite interesting indeed...
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix pressed into daily service as of 4-Aug-2014 - phenomenal cosmic power?
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my former main device - do I keep this or my V8P as my sidekick now
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

The dell website for these tablets is up:

Dell | Dell

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I think it should be a wacom digitizer. The 'old' Stylus is named 'Dell Wacom Active Stylus'.
    The new one 'Dell Active Stylus'. But i think N-Trig would be okay too, as long as it's not an Amtel thing

Edit:
    Oh the verge said it's a Synaptics stylus oO.

Plus, all three versions have interchangable removeable batteries, and support an optional pressure-sensitive Synaptics stylus as well.
    Source: theverge.com
    Last edited by Tourniquet; 10-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Yeah I saw that and got confused, but the Dell press release says the stylus is great for drawing and note taking.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Here's a press release I found on Synaptics website, it doesn't mention palm rejection...

Active Stylus Tracking. Synaptics’ active stylus technology enables finely detailed drawing and writing without compromising industry leading finger touch performance, and without the need for additional sensor hardware in the computing device. The fine-tipped active stylus supports advanced features such as hover detection and pressure reporting to the host application, enabling very rich stylus usage models without adding cost, thickness, or manufacturing complexity to the device.
    Synaptics ClearPadŽ S7500 Brings Large, High-Performance Touchscreens to Mainstream Notebook PCs and Premium Tablets | Synaptics

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape View Post
    ... the Dell press release says the stylus is great for drawing and note taking.
    They said that about the first generation N-Trig too. I'm skeptical. Hopefully, it works fine. Great idea actually for synaptics to get into that market.

I wonder if Synaptics has licensed N-Trig hardware? The description sounds just like N-Trig's design and the pen looks nearly identical to an N-Trig pen. The 8" 16:10 tablet looks great and I predict a real winner here for Dell.
    Last edited by Bronsky; 10-02-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I may want one.... Like now
    Last edited by Mac Wilson; 10-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Thread Information