Dell Latitude 10 stands/cases

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Dell Latitude 10 stands/cases

Trying to find a case and stand for this thing is next to impossible. I can't use the Dell made one because I have the extended battery and the Dell one says it's not made for the tablet with that battery.

I went ahead and bought this case to try it out:

Lifeworks 10 inch Tablet Case Universal - Black - Computers & Electronics - Laptops - Accessories

It almost fits but the tablet is just maybe a half inch too big and I can't zip it up all the way. I can zip up two out of the three sides.

I'm trying to find a case that fits this tablet with the extended battery and has a stand built in. A good quality keyboard built in to the case is a bonus but is not absolutely needed.

By the way this extended battery makes this tablet a BEAST. I can go the entire week at work on one charge using it every day. I wiped Win 8 and installed Win 8 Pro just so I could join our domain and all my ipad co-workers are jealous because I have all my network drives and printers while they don't. I'm the first one in IT to get it as a test unit to see if we should buy more of them. It's pretty good for a tablet but I don't see this replacing our Dell 6520 laptops. The processing power just isn't there. There are times the tablet will freeze on a command and I have to wait. Plus the managers and directors are all used to Apple.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Dell Latitude 10 stands/cases

I think there are a few cases on Amazon from Poetic that seems pretty good, but they will only be in stock in the middle of the month.

You mentioned you did a clean installation of the OS? Were you able to get back a fully working tablet? Any drivers issue? I currently have a Samsung ATIV and their driver support is terrible and I'm planning to return it to get a Latitude 10.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell has a driver pack on their website for this tablet. One exe file to install video, audio, and everything else except the bluetooth. The have a seperate driver for that. The tablet operated fine after the operating system install and before the driver install. The touch screen didn't work but I could plug in a powered hub and then plug in a mouse and keyboard for full control to get the driver pack installed.

It was pretty easy actually. Had Win 8 Pro on CD. Had an external dvd-rom drive. Popped it in. Win 8 setup came up. Asked if I wanted a clean install or overwrite install (save all settings). I chose clean and after a half hour it was done.

I even updated the BIOS since it shipped with A0 and Dell has A3 out now.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought the Latitude 10 came with Win8 Pro as a default? That's what mine has.

Personally I'm fine with the smaller battery.

Pen Pal - Newbie

There's four different versions priced lowest to highest. The one my employer bought was the next to the lowest one, the first 64GB hard drive model. The next model up was $50 more and the only thing different was it had Win 8 Pro instead of Win 8 Standard. We have a site cd-key for Win 8 all versions so we would be wasting money if we bought it with Pro already installed. The top model had the AT&T broadband modem installed. The bottom model had the 32GB hard drive.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Off-topic, but does anyone have trouble automatically connecting to Wifi networks? Mine will connect, but it will be "limited" until I disconnect and reconnect.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aerobat View Post
    Off-topic, but does anyone have trouble automatically connecting to Wifi networks? Mine will connect, but it will be "limited" until I disconnect and reconnect.
    Every time WiFi goes to sleep, it becomes "limited". This happens on some of the Lat10, not all. My first one had this problem. I then disabled sleep under device manager and then it was fine. My second one has no problem at all.

I just bought the exact unit for the same purpose - I don't want to have to carry around my laptop everywhere for work, and the battery on this lasts much longer than my Vostro. Very pleased with it so far. I found quite a few cases on eBay, most under $20. The Durabook one seems to be the most protection, although with the Gorilla glass I know it's pretty strong on its own (Had an HP touchpad, not a single scratch on the screen).

I already posted in the general discussion thread (Dell Latitude 10) and now found this thread especially for cases. I think Noreve will only make a case for the Latitude 10 if enough people evince interest in it. Are there any alternatives with a similar level of quality (perhaps custom made)?

Scribbler - Standard Member

Why does the Dell Latitude 10 not have an awesome case like this?

Amazon.com: New SHARKK Apple iPad Mini Keyboard Bluetooth Case Cover Stand For 7.9 Inch New Mini iPad With 360 Degree Rotating Feature And Multiple Viewing Angles. Folio Style with IOS Commands. For the iPad MINI ONLY: Computers & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Removab...+keyboard+case

http://www.amazon.com/iXCC-Aluminum-...+keyboard+case

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP3...+case+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Newly-Protecti...+case+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Bluetooth...+case+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP3...+case+keyboard

I currently use the case from Dell that they make which is perfect for the Dell Latitude 10 but does not have included keyboard. I think the above setups are amazing. Why can't someone make that for the Dell Latitude 10. And no not the Kensington one because that one is horrible its generic fit; I want something custom like the above cases for the IPad. Like the shark case seems perfect and clicks right into the keyboard.

I now use the Dell case, and a BT keyboard and mouse, which works great, just would be nice if there was one like the above cases.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...~ck=dellSearch

PROVANTAGE: Dell 469-3857 5 Button Glossy Obsidian Black Bluetooth Travel Wireless Mouse [I ordered this from Dell]

Amazon.com: Logitech Tablet Keyboard (Keyboard-and-Stand Combo) for iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th generation), and iPad mini (920-003241): Computers & Accessories

That is the setup I use right now which is not bad; but like I said integrated combo would be nice!

Best,
    Needspractice
    Last edited by needspractice; 05-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Thread Information