Latitude ST Tablet - Tweaks, thoughts and a little more - Page 16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Latitude ST Tablet - Tweaks, thoughts and a little more

Hey... If your company wants another one for a good price...
    Owned/Sold: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga11 (Orange!), MS SPro1 again, MS Pro2 512GB. Current: MS SPro 3 256GB i7

DBA by trade.

@ excalibur1814 thanks for the offer.

I just bought a mini keyboard (Rii tec keyboard - RT-MWK01) smaller than a remote control that is also usb so I can pack in my bag and use it with BitLocker. I hope to give it a full test later this week when it arrives.

RT-MWK01 [Wireless 2.4Ghz]--Product--Rii Mini wireless keyboard-mouse combo Mini Mouse and keyboard Remote mouse and keyboard Wireless mouse and keyboard Riitek

All In: My main work machine is a Microsoft Surface Pro 128GB
    My new companion device: Asus VivoTab Note 8, It has Wacom! It's like buttah!
    Have owned and used: Dell Venue 11 Pro, 8 Pro, Samsung ATIV 700T, Dell Latitude 10, Samsung S7S //BUILD, ASUS EP121, B121, Dell Latitude ST, HP Slate 500, and HP TC1100

Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm glad I found this site. Very helpful for us new to tablets.

The company owner was talked into buying the ST's by a hot looking blonde sales chick from Dell.
    Our field boss doing his YouTube review of the Dell ST tablet.

My Review Dell Latitude ST Windows 7 Tablet - Dell Slate Tablet 1120 - YouTube

I think the device is more trouble than it's worth - so far. We'll see.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cmergel View Post
    @ excalibur1814 thanks for the offer.

I just bought a mini keyboard (Rii tec keyboard - RT-MWK01) smaller than a remote control that is also usb so I can pack in my bag and use it with BitLocker. I hope to give it a full test later this week when it arrives.

RT-MWK01 [Wireless 2.4Ghz]--Product--Rii Mini wireless keyboard-mouse combo Mini Mouse and keyboard Remote mouse and keyboard Wireless mouse and keyboard Riitek
    I use that little keyboard (got it from Amazon for $35) for one of our A/V systems and it was great - while it lasted; about six months. Haven't found anything better, so bought another.

DBA by trade.

Great to hear that someone else has tried, thanks for posting your experience. I think that it will be perfect to use to enter the BitLocker pin.

Have owned and used: Dell Venue 11 Pro, 8 Pro, Samsung ATIV 700T, Dell Latitude 10, Samsung S7S //BUILD, ASUS EP121, B121, Dell Latitude ST, HP Slate 500, and HP TC1100

Scribbler - Standard Member

Just received my ST 2 days ago, here are my opinions about it after some use

- Intel's graphics drivers SUCK! :P
    - It's nice of N-Trig to set the touch/pen interface to DUAL mode by default, but not telling people about the presence of AUTO mode means most users won't know that using a digitizer allows to rest your hands on the screen to write.
    - Disabling superfetch helped a LOT with the weird pauses I was getting, I guess the IO bus performance is pretty crappy on Atom
    - I was having a weird problem where the pen would go to 'sleep' after not seeing it for a while and it'd take a while before it'd be recognized again. Downloading the latest drivers from N-Trig Downloads & Drivers - N-trig *seems* to have solved this problem. (only did this last night so I can't confirm)
    - If you use a compatible video codec DXVA CAN be used to play videos, haven't tried a 1080P file yet though.

DBA by trade.

Well, I received the Riitec mini usb keyboard (RT-MWK01) but it does not seem to work to enter the BitLocker pin at boot up. Dang! Search continues.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I received my ST recently as well but its screen has an annoying green tint to it so I wanted to ask from you other owners: if you compare it to your other displays do the colors on the slate's display look fine or are they a lot more green than on other displays? Because, when I put my slate next to my external monitor or notebook's display it is quite obvious that the colors on the slate are off (it is clearly visible on the taskbar when Aero is enabled).

I have updated all the drivers and tried Windows calibration as well but that did not have any effect. I also went to a local Dell service center today but they did not have another model of the same type to compare it to and said that the green tint must be characteristic to that model.

So does your screen also look green?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I've been reading a whole load of comics on mine and I can say that the the colours are fine. :/
    Owned/Sold: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga11 (Orange!), MS SPro1 again, MS Pro2 512GB. Current: MS SPro 3 256GB i7

Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for replying, that's good then, in that case it must still be only my device's peculiarity.

I remember that the people at the service center said that they had one ST in repair at the moment but it wasn't working currently so I think I will just ask them whether they could let me know when it's repaired so they could compare the screens side by side.

Thanks again.

Thread Information