Acer Iconia W500 for Sale for $310 + $10 Shipping

+ Reply to Thread
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Acer Iconia W500 for Sale for $310 + $10 Shipping

(I hope this is allowed here)
    I am selling my Acer Iconia W500 tablet. There is nothing wrong with it at all and it has been almost exclusively used indoor. As you can tell from this forum I have upgraded to the new Acer Iconia W510 recently and so the W500 has no use for me anymore. But W500 has been a very useful device for me. I will also include a sleeve which can be used as a stand/protective case.
    All original stuff will be included. May be even the original packing, though can't promise that right now (will go home and check).
    I have been using Windows 8 Preview on it and that works fine (not figured out rotation yet). You can either get the device with Windows 8 or I can put back the factory image of Windows 7.

Selling here should save me Ebay's rip-off fees.

Any one?! If I don't see enough interest within next few days then I will sell through Ebay. I can take Paypal.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Acer Iconia W500 for Sale for $310 + $10 Shipping

I would suggest restore to win7 and mention that people can download drivers from Acer and buy the official upgrade to win8pro from Microsoft ($40 download version) and get a free upgrade code for Media Center (free offer expires in January).

Wish you could have decided to do this last week when I bought my w500 on ebay, sold for $350 plus shipping.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Greg_E,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to restore to the original factory Windows 7 image. Not sure about putting Windows 8 on it--don't want to invest any more money into this. Windows 8 will make this a much better device though.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

No, let the end user buy the Win8 license, but you should mention that it is possible and not very expensive for the purchaser to upgrade to win 8 pro and that for a limited time Microsoft is offering the free Media Center upgrade to Win8Pro users. Might help it sell fast.

What version of Windows 7 does it have?

Thanks

Thread Information