New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13 - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Try deleting all the logs and the files in download. Make sure these guys aren't running:
    LiveUpdate.exe
    EeeStorageCommand.exe

Delay the sleep time so it doesn't enter sleep mode in 3 minutes and monitor your traffic with task manager. If the traffic stops, close, in this order:
    LiveUpdate.exe
    EeeStorageCommand.exe

Start live update again, it will hash check and resume downloading.
    Last edited by vadimpelau; 02-21-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
    Try deleting all the logs and the files in download. Make sure these guys aren't running:
    LiveUpdate.exe
    EeeStorageCommand.exe

Delay the sleep time so it doesn't enter sleep mode in 3 minutes and monitor your traffic with task manager. If the traffic stops, close, in this order:
    LiveUpdate.exe
    EeeStorageCommand.exe

Start live update again, it will hash check and resume downloading.
    Doesn't help unfortunately :s
    I'm running LiveUpdate.exe manually to trigger the program. After I select the update and hit "install items" it takes a sec or two before a popup say "unzip failed". Only option is ok and then it exits. Can see the overall status reaches 33.3% in the background.
    All that is downloaded is a 6KB zip file in C:\Program Files\ASUS\LiveUpdate\download. It creates a log file but it's empty.

Maybe they have different update servers and the file is corrupt on one... I live in Sweden, anyone else in Europe?

Pen Pal - Newbie

my liveupdate utility still shows that it is not able to connect to the server. Has anyone that has successfully updated using liveupdate in the US?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Europe here too. I had issues with:
    -connecting to server
    -download stopping before completing the file
    -updater trying to unzip an incomplete file

Just do what I described above. Make sure you delete most of the logs(you can't delete all) and everything in the download folder. The server connection issue seems to occur randomly.

Even if your file shows 6 kb while downloading as long as there's network activity it's still downloading. Live update flushes the data to disk randomly it seems. However it should not start unzipping unless something is killing your EeeStorageCommand.exe process prematurely.

Note: Liveupdate does not have to be run with administrator privileges!

Edit: did you delete the 6kb file?

Here is an INCOMPLETE update file: https://mega.co.nz/#!kMs2mZZK!brfGLz...UaxnbB0j4m_3s0
    You can not unzip this file or use the drivers within unless you have a VivoTab and finish downloading it with Asus's LiveUpdate tool!

Make sure that the following are not running:
    LiveUpdate.exe
    EeeStorageCommand.exe

Put 802699246.zip in "C:\Program Files\ASUS\LiveUpdate\download"

Run LiveUpdate.exe and wait, first it should do a hash check then start, it might take a little.
    Last edited by vadimpelau; 02-21-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
    Europe here too. I had issues with:
    -connecting to server
    -download stopping before completing the file
    -updater trying to unzip an incomplete file

Just do what I described above. Make sure you delete most of the logs(you can't delete all) and everything in the download folder. The server connection issue seems to occur randomly.

Even if your file shows 6 kb while downloading as long as there's network activity it's still downloading. Live update flushes the data to disk randomly it seems. However it should not start unzipping unless something is killing your EeeStorageCommand.exe process prematurely.

Note: Liveupdate does not have to be run with administrator privileges!

Edit: did you delete the 6kb file?

Here is an INCOMPLETE update file: https://mega.co.nz/#!kMs2mZZK!brfGLz...UaxnbB0j4m_3s0
    You can not unzip this file or use the drivers within unless you have a VivoTab and finish downloading it with Asus's LiveUpdate tool!

Make sure that the following are not running:
    LiveUpdate.exe
    EeeStorageCommand.exe

Put 802699246.zip in "C:\Program Files\ASUS\LiveUpdate\download"

Run LiveUpdate.exe and wait, first it should do a hash check then start, it might take a little.
    I've deleted all logs and everything in the download folder, same error.
    Tried the process about 10 times now, always the same result. Nothing seems to be happening after the "unzip failed" popup a few seconds into the process. It shouldn't start the unzip process until he file is downloaded. All I get is the 6KB file that cannot be unzipped.
    No connection problems or download stopping, just the unzip issue on every attempt.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,
    I'm in the UK and I'm not sure which drivers are being discussed here. Every time I have ever tried the LiveUpdate from the desktop it has given me the Cannot connect to Server box and it continues to do so. Can anyone else in the UK connect to the update server or are we discussing the drivers mentioned by Breed contained in the 2.1.0.5 zip file in post #11. Are we in the UK installing these from the zip file? Do we benefit?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

No, those are older drivers.

I'm from Europe and did managed to get them yesterday. I now deleted the registry information to trick LiveUpdate in downloading the .zip again, but it doesn't work anymore.

I either get a 6kb file like Cthugha or Cannot connect to server... The service must be down.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tgwallbank View Post
    Hi,
    I'm in the UK and I'm not sure which drivers are being discussed here. Every time I have ever tried the LiveUpdate from the desktop it has given me the Cannot connect to Server box and it continues to do so. Can anyone else in the UK connect to the update server or are we discussing the drivers mentioned by Breed contained in the 2.1.0.5 zip file in post #11. Are we in the UK installing these from the zip file? Do we benefit?
    The ZIP with those drivers that were sent to me by ASUS Support don't seem to be as new as those that Live Updates gives you, so I'd try and get LiveUpdate to work if you can. I'm in the UK and have never experienced the 'Could not connect to Server' error.

Scribbler - Standard Member

So on a hunch I renamed the .zip to .html and low and behold it's an error page.

Invalid link
    The linked file is no longer being shared.

For ASUS WebStorage members, please log in here....

After login, you can have higher download speed, and you can skip the waiting period for popular files and start download immediately.
    There's a login button but I'm not sure logging in will help if the file's not there anymore.

Tablet Business User

Cannot connect to server box for me as well (in the UK),

You gotta laugh really, finally release drivers after 3 months and the update service crashes

MM

Thread Information