TF810 Driver Update Guide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default TF810 Driver Update Guide.

Guide below is now obsolete. Drivers are now available via LiveUpdate. More details at: New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

I've had my VivoTab for around two weeks now and I love it. But I'll be frank - I didn't when I first got it. I had BSODs at least once a day, random crashes, sound issues, graphical glitches that really annoyed me.

Asus have really let this product down with their seemingly lack of support. Luckily, the internals of this device can be found in many other devices such as the Lenovo ThinkPad 2 or the HP Envy X2. Lenovo and HP haven't been remiss in their support duties like Asus and have released drivers, which we too can use. Yay!

NOTE: Although these do sound ominous, I feel obliged to stick this in here: You do this at your own risk. Don't come back whining to me if anything untoward should happen....

Now then - On with the show!

Chipset

What first? The TF810C actually houses a SoC (System on a Chip) - this means the CPU, Graphics, Sound, Camera, Power Management etc are all on one chip. I'd highly recommend updating these drivers first. HP had the most recent available on their website, but have since removed them and reverted to an older version. However, curtissh had them saved and has provided a mirror. Big thanks to him.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47422/HP%20...%20sp60247.exe

What's even more cool is that it's just a basic .exe. Run and install

So that takes care of the 90% of stuff. Now we can move onto other things:

WLAN

The ThinkPad 2 from Lenovo uses the same WLAN chip (Broadcomm BCM4330) and they have released updated drivers on their website:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gew411ww.exe

Run the installer.

GPS

Again, latest drivers from Lenovo:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gewg08ww.exe

Bluetooth

These ones are again available from Lenovo:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gewb09ww.exe

These are a little more tricky. You can't just use the installer or you'll get Lenovo branded crap on our Vivos - we have to update the drivers manually in the device manager.

Run the installer, but make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is unchecked and select finish.

The installer with have extracted the drivers to your C: driver.

In device manager, navigate to System devices and locate the 'Broadcom Serial Bus over UART Enumerator'

Right click this, and click update driver.

Click Browse my computer for Driver software and navigate to the 'Win32' folder in the Bluetooth Driver folder.

Click next, and the driver should update.

Touchpad.

NOTE: Although these touchpad drivers work fine for myself and others, some people have reported rough scrolling with them compared to stock - these are impossible to roll back without a refresh, so think carefully on whether you think the wake from sleep issue is annoying enough!

Last but not least touchpad drivers These updated ones from HP will resolve the issue where the touchpad doesn't work when resuming from sleep.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...27596&sw_lang=

Download an run the installer. Unfortunately, this doesn't actually update the drivers, we have to do this manually. Not the installer will leave a folder on your C: drive where it will unpack the drivers to. Make a note of this.

In device manager, navigate to Mouse and other pointing devices and locate the 'Synaptic HID Touchpad'

Right click this, go to the driver tab and click update driver.

Click Browse my computer for Driver software and then click 'Let me pick form a list...' Select 'Have Disk' and navigate to the folder on your C: drive with the drivers in. Select synpd.inf and click okay, If you get a message about Windows not being able to verify the driver with the press just press okay andd the driver should update.

Next, naviate to Human Interface Devices and locate the Synaptics HID Device. Do the same as above but select synrmihid.inf instead.

And that's it you should have a fully updated VivoTab. You should notice much increased stability. Let's hope Asus gets off their arses soon.

Quick thanks to Schnabe for finding the newer Intel drivers and Touchpad ones on HP's website. I originally got everything from Lenovo. Again, thanks to curtissh for providing the mirror.
    Last edited by Breed; 02-21-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: TF810 Driver Update Guide.

This is fantastic. Thank you to both you and Schnabe.

Also, this should be a flipping sticky. Does this forum have mods?
    Last edited by curtissh; 01-06-2013 at 05:55 PM.

(x) / fashion

Great job! Repped!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TC1100 > HP TM2 > ThinkPad Helix or ThinkPad 10
    Lumia 625 > Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI benchmarks for TabletPCs
    ThinkPad 10: Compendium (tips, hacks, accessories)
    New User Guide for Samsung Series 7 Slate

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I've had my VivoTab for around two weeks now and I love it. But I'll be frank - I didn't when I first got it. I had BSODs at least once a day, random crashes, sound issues, graphical glitches that really annoyed me.

Asus have really let this product down with their seemingly lack of support. Luckily, the internals of this device can be found in many other devices such as the Lenovo ThinkPad 2 or the HP Envy X2. Lenovo and HP haven't been remiss in their support duties like Asus and have released drivers, which we too can use. Yay!

NOTE: Although these do sound ominous, I feel obliged to stick this in here: You do this at your own risk. Don't come back whining to me if anything untoward should happen....

Now then - On with the show!

Chipset

What first? The TF810C actually houses a SoC (System on a Chip) - this means the CPU, Graphics, Sound, Camera, Power Management etc are all on one chip. I'd highly recommend updating these drivers first. HP have the most recent available on their website:

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver HP ENVY x2 11-g000ea | HP Support

What's even more cool is that it's just a basic .exe. Run and install

So that takes care of the 90% of stuff. Now we can move onto other things:

WLAN

The ThinkPad 2 from Lenovo uses the same WLAN chip (Broadcomm BCM4330) and they have released updated drivers on their website:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gew411ww.exe

Run the installer.

GPS

Again, latest drivers from Lenovo:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gewg08ww.exe

Bluetooth

These ones are again available from Lenovo:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/gewb09ww.exe

These are a little more tricky. You can't just use the installer or you'll get Lenovo branded crap on our Vivos - we have to update the drivers manually in the device manager.

Run the installer, but make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is unchecked and select finish.

The installer with have extracted the drivers to your C: driver.

In device manager, navigate to System devices and locate the 'Broadcom Serial Bus over UART Enumerator'

Right click this, and click update driver.

Click Browse my computer for Driver software and navigate to the 'Win32' folder in the Bluetooth Driver folder.

Click next, and the driver should update.

Touchpad.

Last but not least touchpad drivers These updated ones from HP will resolve the issue where the touchpad doesn't work when resuming from sleep.

Synaptics TouchPad Driver HP ENVY x2 11-g000ea | HP Support

Download an run the installer. Unfortunately, this doesn't actually update the drivers, we have to do this manually. Not the installer will leave a folder on your C: drive where it will unpack the drivers to. Make a note of this.

In device manager, navigate to Mouse and other pointing devices and locate the 'Synaptic HID Touchpad'

Right click this, go to the driver tab and click update driver.

Click Browse my computer for Driver software and then click 'Let me pick form a list...' Select 'Have Disk' and navigate to the folder on your C: drive with the drivers in. Select synpd.inf and click okay, If you get a message about Windows not being able to verify the driver with the press just press okay andd the driver should update.

Next, naviate to Human Interface Devices and locate the Synaptics HID Device. Do the same as above but select synrmihid.inf instead.

And that's it you should have a fully updated VivoTab. You should notice much increased stability. Let's hope Asus gets off their arses soon.

Quick thanks to Schnabe for finding the newer Intel drivers and Touchpad ones on HP's website. I originally got everything from Lenovo.

Great job Breed putting everything into one thread! I wish we could sticky this.

I too am enjoying the TF810C now that everything is ironed out.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I find myself in disbelief that it's actually working. I keep coming back every hour or two just to see whether it will really come back up without hanging, trackpad problems, and without a surprise battery drain. It's working beautifully now. Here's hoping it stays that way.

For me, this machine really is the great promise. I've been waiting for the better part of a decade.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Thanks for the drivers dude.
    One more thing though, did you or Schnabe resolve the problem of multi touch on the touchpad after replacing the stock driver with the one from HP? I believe someone complained in another thread about losing pinch to zoom functionality with the HP drivers. Thanks again.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnthemperor View Post
    One more thing though, did you or Schnabe resolve the problem of multi touch on the touchpad after replacing the stock driver with the one from HP? I believe someone complained in another thread about losing pinch to zoom functionality with the HP drivers. Thanks again.
    Schnabe has been the touchpad guinea pig. He originally tried some form the Synaptics website, which broke multitouch. But I can confirm with the HP drivers multitouch works fine.
    Last edited by Breed; 01-07-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Thanks for the quick response Breed.

This is why I LOVE this forum!

P.S. I have found that updating the generic HID driver for touchpad has made my touchpad so slow that it's almost unusable, so I rolled back on that one and everything works! My main interest in the touchpad driver is to gain access to 3 and 4 finger gestures, and now I have them!
    Last edited by woshisb; 01-07-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnthemperor View Post
    Yes, multi-touch works great with the new drivers, but you have to make sure you update both Synaptics devices listed in the control panel (see 1st post in this thread). You even get additional functionality with the new driver set.

I've went through a lot messing with various drivers, and was glad when I decided to try HP's drivers, that they worked (after a manual update).

Thread Information