Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Hi guys I think now that most people have received their vivotab 810 there should be a dedicated thread for it, just as the EP121 which is now almost obsolete. Moderators how about that? Let's post information on driver availability, problems and tweaks.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

May as well get this thread rolling from the Preorder one. Continued from the other thread:

Originally Posted by Tonitti
    Does the same process that was used to get pressure sensitivity in Photoshop and other painting programs in Samsung Series 7 Slate work with the Vivotab? When I try to install the latest TabletPC driver from Wacom website it tells me "A supported tablet wasn't found on the system".

Does anyone know if it's necessary to disable the default Windows8 tablet driver fist? I left the tablet to download all the latest windows updates for the whole day, now I'm worried that makes the wacom drivers not to detect the Vivo but I can't find the driver in the Device Manager.

Okay, I was finally able to mess around with my tablet more, installed Manga Studio and it feels nice. Except I don't have a way to assign pen buttons. It seems I have the same problems as Tonitti in that attempting to install the Wacom driver, it says "A Supported Tablet Wasn't Found on the System."

sigh, and things were going so well. :/ Other than that, I did have a bit of Keyboard Flakey-Wakey when coming out of Sleep. Battery life has so far been amazing, much better than my S7S.
    Well, it seems that my Search-Fu is weak as I can hardly find any reference or solution to the "A supported tablet was not found on system" message. Someone recommended reinstalling the OS, but I think doing that on the tablet will just bring it back to the Asus image. I've contacted Wacom's Support so hopefully they may have some answers. If I can't find a solution to installing the Wacom drivers, I may have to return it and go back to the Samsung ATIV since I know I was able to install it on there. I'd hate to lose the battery life though.

Observation: Docking the tablet to the keyboard, the keyboard was essentially sucked dry down to 5% within a day, even sleeping overnight. Tablet power light was amber and was on even though the screen wasn't on and lid closed. Is this what other people are getting?
    Last edited by Inkermoy; 12-09-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Noticed the keyboard battery issue. Was surprised it got down to 4%, Dont really remember how long i used it docked. Just charged it full. Will see if there's a problem.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Kind of frustrating though, no information on drivers on the Asus Vivotab page, or is it still too early?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Has anyone tried that android-apps-porting software on their tablets? What's the name again? Bluestacks!

This sounds great
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/20189...indows-rt.html
    Last edited by nnthemperor; 12-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inkermoy View Post
    Observation: Docking the tablet to the keyboard, the keyboard was essentially sucked dry down to 5% within a day, even sleeping overnight. Tablet power light was amber and was on even though the screen wasn't on and lid closed. Is this what other people are getting?
    If your tablet is discharged, it will recharge from your keyboard dock. It's a pretty smart system. In my experience, provided the tablet's fully charged, it won't drain the keyboard battery (but for the very slow discharge to maintain sleep until it hibernates). From the tablet's perspective, the keyboard is essentially the same as being plugged in.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Oh, it was my understanding that the tablet will just use power from the dock instead of actually charging it. I'll put it to the test: dock is fully charged and tablet is at 59%. I'll leave it sit together for the night and look at levels in the morning.

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by nnthemperor View Post
    Hi guys I think now that most people have received their vivotab 810 there should be a dedicated thread for it, just as the EP121 which is now almost obsolete. Moderators how about that? Let's post information on driver availability, problems and tweaks.
    Interesting that you are saying that people have this 11.6" 16:9 CloverTrail TabletPC with a Wacom digitizer when it just hit the FCC for approval:

Asus VivoTab, Acer Iconia Tab W511 hit the FCC - Liliputing

Is Asus selling them prior to FCC approval and getting away with it? How interesting...
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix (on order) - phenomenal cosmic power
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my main device
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Totally interesting. I've wondered why there aren't more people sharing their experiences on here. It's super early days. The Asus support site has no drivers of any type. I bought mine from buyspry.com (FWIW, real good experience) but maybe there are fewer of these in the wild than I thought.

In any event, awesome machine. See the preorder thread for more, including pictures of mine next to an 11.6" MBA.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Originally Posted by nnthemperor

"Interesting that you are saying that people have this 11.6" 16:9 CloverTrail TabletPC with a Wacom digitizer when it just hit the FCC for approval:

Asus VivoTab, Acer Iconia Tab W511 hit the FCC - Liliputing

Is Asus selling them prior to FCC approval and getting away with it? How interesting..."

That's definitely another Asus product, I'm guessing the Vivotab smart, lilliputing's got their information mixed up. A lot of outlets have been selling the Vivotab tf810 since last month.

Thread Information