ASUS has stopped making eee note

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default ASUS has stopped making eee note

For everyone's reference. I live in Taipei and have been trying to buy one for a friend lately. All the shops claim that ASUS stopped making the eee note a while ago.

If they are still available in Europe or Japan they must be the last ones...

I think it is a good machine. It is sad that ASUS stopped developing it.

Luis

Default Re: ASUS has stopped making eee note

you can find it at "PChome"
    good luck~
    (等等,都是台灣人,幹麻說英文??)
    my all property :
    an eee note(using as "Electronic drawing board")
    an OSU account(Lv56)http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1030492
    an old computer(it companys me for such a long time)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

They stopped making them?! Who the hell is directing Asus? x_x this STILL has huge potential. What are they dooooiiing

T_B
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie-B View Post
    They stopped making them?! Who the hell is directing Asus? x_x this STILL has huge potential. What are they dooooiiing
    I agree, but we are not the one who need to make money. They do and I guess it just didn't sell good enough.
    TBH showing it to people usually doesn't really make them enthusiastic about the device so I guess it just appeals to a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by T_B View Post
    showing it to people usually doesn't really make them enthusiastic about the device so I guess it just appeals to a niche.
    Same here. Plus, I myself do not recommand the device, as I still feel very limited by the software. They clearly should have made a lot more effort on the OS; this is far from normal that Anomaly should code a whole new launcher for the device to feel comfortable.

Our interest in this stopping is that maybe (really, maybe), they will release the source code of their software.

I've actually contacted ASUS about continuing availability and the software issues as my employer has a client that wants to provision 1000+ to a fleet for taking signatures and other organizational tasks requiring written/drawn information as opposed to typed. I brought forward the software issues, and directed them to QtL and this forum, trying to show them how the only flaw with the product's design is the half-done software and offering for them to use and assist with QtL in order to make the EA800 marketable again, at which point my employer would allow me paid work hours to continue development of it (!). It's been about a week now and no one from ASUS has responded back at all.. I suspect it's fallen on deaf ears.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Oh wow! That would be a dream; I'm amazed your company is so relevant to this product. I do think this forum's experience with contacting Asus is a mixed bag, with some contact taking up to two weeks(if this isn't a false memory?), some never getting responses, but we have in the past received (speedy?) answers on some things like LGPL software (I think when osowiecki or pbarrette asked). This is all second-hand information, though. l1q1d found that the Italian customer support had no knowledge on the Eee Note app source code, and he received no answer from Asus themselves.

Maybe it would be better to get on the phone with a product line manager... somehow.

Either way, keep pushing at them from any angle you can find (maybe send the same email to every contact line you can find). This tablet still has awe-inspiring potential left untapped, and it would be really good if this could work out.
    Last edited by Jamie-B; 03-12-2012 at 06:40 PM.

I just received a response saying the email is being forwarded to the pre-sales department. I'll let you guys know what comes of it if anything.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Awesome!! You legend

Couldn't agree more!

Thread Information