Photoshop toolbar - Page 15

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Photoshop toolbar

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Photoshop toolbar

You can run everything with AHK Basic and you don't need both versions.

Thanks for all the info today and really sorry for the hassle. Man, that kind of stuff is annoying. Fortunately, now that we've figured all this out, you should be able to see the close buttons on the individual Sai windows.

I probably won't be able to work on this again until late Sunday so you're off duty! Don't hesitate to report any bug/idea while you're using the previous versions (hopefully I'll be able to post an updated version with some of the stuff in the previous posts soon). And maybe take a look at that other ruler/grid program we discussed earlier. I actually ended up using the grid with one of my chemistry programs today and it was really useful and quick to set up! I will probably start using it myself! Although maybe you'll find that it's not really what you need.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well. I had more time to work on this than I was supposed to!

Below is v. 1.9.

Features:
    - Look at the menu for new extra items. Do they all work?
    - The toolbar can now be minimized to tray and remaximized by 3 methods: pressing F8, using the item in the menu, or simply clicking the tray icon.
    - I expanded the Sai toolbar to include buttons for the four panels. These buttons are only set to unhide the panels so you need to use the close buttons on the panels to close the individual panels (later I can set the buttons on the toolbar to toggle the panels). When I have time, I'll change the layout to the latest mockup you posted and add some rollup/down routines.
    - I have yet to work on the straight line buttons and the transform buttons to make them more compatible with the other buttons on the toolbar.

If you set AutoHotkey Basic to be the default program to open .ahk files (see post #138), I think you should see individual close buttons on each panel of Sai when you switch the toolbar to Sai. Hopefully this will work the first time around! I've set the close buttons to be launched when you set the toolbar to Sai (so they won't be present if you keep the toolbar to its opening Art Rage state).

Since this is the first time with these buttons, there will probably be many bugs to solve, so don't hesitate to report anything that is not going ok. Each close button is a small AHK toolbar so maybe having all these mini AHK toolbars present at once will make the main toolbar behave erratically. That's nothing we can't solve later. Hopefully it won't be too buggy for now but maybe it will be problematic in this first release. Let's see...

Since I've changed a lot of stuff, you should delete the previous folder and replace it with the one in the zip file below. (Actually, since this release may be a bit buggy, you should probably just rename the previous folder and keep it around!)

AR_PS_SAI_SP_FF_v_1_9.zip
    Last edited by lblb; 03-03-2012 at 11:18 PM.

This is coming along! Work the bugs out and we'll have something awesome.

Panel buttons in Sai work, and they only show up in Sai. Can they be made to have an "X" in them, to better be understood as buttons that close the panels?

Bugs?

The panels aren't active after you tap the button. You have to tap the panel, then tap it again to get it to work, and it never seems to be the "Sai" blue for the trim at first, the way the panels normally are. Perhaps because they're not identified as "active?"

Also, whenever I change the toolbar to Sai, either the first time, or later, it starts with all the panels up. This is sort of a pain, and it would be nice if they all started closed. Then I can just open them up as I see fit.

If I roll up the Sai AHK toolbar, and then unroll it, half of the Panels Sub-bar is missing. If I "re-load" the Sai toolbar by re-clicking it in the pull-down menu, the panel buttons appear, but then the "Move" button goes away. If I once again go into the pull-down menu, and then tap Focus, the Move button then re-appears, but without Focus implemented. If I go into the pull-down menu again, and then tap Focus one more time, all is then well. However, if I roll up the toolbar again, once again the panel buttons are a bit more than half-missing.

In Artrage, I'm also having some issues with the Move/Focus button dissappearing. I'm also having issues now with the toolbar dissappearing beneath the Artrge window sometimes. I'm trying to isolate what's introducing those problems, but the "hiding" issue only seems to be occurring if I implement auto-hide on the taskbar (if this is true-- then a thought?

edit- duh. Of course, I need to use Focus when Artrage is Full Screen and Windows taskbar in Autohide. There ought to be some better way of implementing Focus, I can't think of one. For now, it just seems to be that you use Auto-hide, move toolbar to correct position, and then Focus in Art rage, and in Sai you use F11 2x, move the AHK toolbar to the correct position, and then use Focus, and that's just the way it sort of works. It's a little clunky, but it's not something one does much. Mostly when you're setting up things for a session of drawing.

Oh, and if I have all the sub-toolbars out in Artrage, and then roll it up and then unroll it, the Layers sub-bar goes away. If I re-load Artrage, it then comes back.

Everything in Extra's menu works, which is nice, but I can no longer make the clock/battery thing show up when right-clicking the Move button. I get an error message.

In general, I'm not sure I would have them in a submenu though, or whether I would even have these specific functions. I'm not sure if your intent in putting together the Extras menu was just to try out new commands, and to show us that a sub-pulldown-menu was possible or not, but here's my thoughts anyways. The sound mixer is a nice idea for Firefox button if I'm using it in Full screen mode. A mute button for Firefox would be nice too. An alter screen brightness button as well? I'm make the time/battery button go back to working as a quick right-click input for the Move button instead of being hidden in an Extras menu. But as commands for the entire AHK setup, in a pull down sub-menu, I don't think they're necessary.

I would instead put the essentials into the pull down menu for easier access, as you have the Minimize to Tray command set up. This would work well for the TIP input, which I do rarely (though sometimes) need in art programs, even if I'm in Fullscreen mode, and the Windows Taskbar Auto-hide command as well. Perhaps we could make these non-program commands more quickly findable and readable by making a small visual break between them and the open-program buttons? Like, we would leave one of the little text-bars empty, to help easily sub-divide them out? I also think some sort of check-mark to the right of activated commands in the pull down menu would be helpful.

I think there might be some good use for the sub-pulldown menu, but I'm not sure yet. Set up stuff, perhaps??? That sort of thing?
    Last edited by Steve B; 03-04-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    q552 -- Win7 x32, 2 gb ram, outdoor slate for work

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Below is v 1.10

AR_PS_SAI_SP_FF_v_1_10.zip

Changes:
    - I made enough changes that you should delete the previous one.
    - I tried to clean up the menu and make it easier to use by adding icons (and I added a few new items). Do they all work? Every item From FOCUS down should have an icon. I think I can pretty easily make the icons and text in the menu larger if necessary.
    - I think I took care of all the issues you mentioned concerning the close buttons on the Sai panels. Everything seems to work ok on my two computers. Any remaining issues (I'm sure there will be plenty!)? Did I create new problems?
    - Fixed the Sai rollup/down button.
    - You can adjust screen brightness using the Mobility Center. I also added two items in the menu that set the brightness to specific levels (I put them by default at 100% and to the minimum value available, but they can be easily adjusted to other preset levels. Could be useful if you often switch between two specific values of brightness).

Haven't had time to address anything else (I see what you mean with the close/focus button disappearing and the various rollup/down routines. More later!)
    Last edited by lblb; 03-05-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Maybe this could make the work flow better...

I just saw that I can easily put the Focus function as a right-click function on any button. Maybe if we put it as a right-click on the Move button (and put the clock/power as right-click on the Menu button) that could make it easier to work with? (I suggest putting Focus on the Move button just because it toggles this button to an X when activated but maybe you'd prefer it somewhere else.)

Edit:
    Indeed, I can easily change the size of the icons in the menu. They are now at 16 pixels, and they look better at 24. However, it is not possible to change the font size as this is controlled by the global Windows settings.
    Last edited by lblb; 03-05-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Ooooh, I like the Focus button as a right-click on the move button-- I have to move things around anyways, and I almost always use Focus right after that. It makes sense and is so... sorta sexy in an ergonomic way. LOL. And I like the idea of the clock as a right-click on the menu-- that's actually how I've wanted it to be, so "great minds" and all that.

edit-- Another cool but simple idea to include? A right-click-tap on the roll-up arrow to Minimize To Tray-- the features are even related, as both deal with "hiding" AHK, and, in typical usage, the right-click is often being used for a function that is "superseding" the tap input (Focus stops movement, right-click on Rotate resets, right-click on zoom resets, etc.). I thought it sounded like a nice idea. I'd still have Miminimize To Tray in the menu though, as well. end

I do like the icons in the menu. A nice but simple touch. I didn't have a particular issue with the icon size of the stuff on the menu, but if you suggest they're more readable at 24 pt, I'd be curious to see. I would still move a lot of the stuff into other spaces though. I went over it in some detail in my previous post, and still think the same, despite the icons for the menu-items. Focus, Auto-hide Windows Taskbar, TIP, the Mobility Center, and Minimize to Tray are great to have there. I like the "Close" option as well, though it'd be nice if it was made clearer that it closed the entire AHK program. I don't see a need for the auto-brightness levels to be included though, personally, as I think the Mobility Center already does a good job with that. Sound Mixer and Mute I'd include on the Firefox toolbar, and remove them from the pull down menu. I'd put the TIP in the Firefox toolbar too, as well as in the pull down menu-- I need to use it sometimes in the art programs.

Roll-up arrow in Sai now works just right. The roll-up-all arrow in Artrage, however, still doesn't roll up the top of the Tools subpanel, if that is open when you try to roll-up the entire toolbar.

The panels are now hidden from the get-go when you open AHK in Sai. Very cool.

Odd details about the Sai setup? This happens only when you first open AHK, but there are little floating "x"s there for what I'm assuming are the hidden Sai panels. You can see them even though it's on the Artrage setup, etc. Switch to Sai, and they're still there. Switch back to Artrage, and they then go away, even if you return to Sai a second time. If, instead of returning to Artrage and then going back to Sai, you instead stay in Sai and open a panel and then close it, then that specific "x" goes away, but none of the others. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Seemed like a bug.

The Color, Layer, and Navigator buttons are better than they were before, but not working perfectly smoothly yet. I can tap a button and immediately use the panel as much as I want, which is very nice, but when I want to go and close the panel, I have to tap the "x" twice to have it let me close it. The first time I tap the "x" to close the panel, the panel rim goes white, then I have to tap it again to get the "x" to work.

What's particularly strange is that his is NOT the way it's working in the Tool panel, so I thought I'd bring it up. The Tool Panel button seems to work perfectly. Tap it once and the Sai panel opens, which lets you immediately use the panel. You can then immediately tap the "X" and the panel closes. Of course, it'd be nice if worked the way the Tool panel does, which is very smooth and intuitive.

I still think the ability to either toggle a panel open or closed (by hitting the appropriate panel button) OR by using the "x" would be very nice, depending on where you hand ends up after doing a bunch of stuff. Redundancy is a nice feature.

I have some new ideas for right-click features in both Sai and Artrage, but I'll get to those later. I'll also try and do a mockup for how I'd like Firefox to work.

It's really cool to see the progress occurring in this Sai usage setup we're working on. I thought it was neat when we did all that stuff for Artrage (and it is!!), but that was all sort of "within the bounds" of what I expected from AHK-- all the buttons are linked to an actual hotkey setup in Artage, which is uniquely prepared for a smooth team-up with AHK, as it has sooooo much set up for key shortcuts. But what you're doing here with Sai is waaaaayyy beyond what I thought AHK could do, and is, IMO, really changing the way you interact with the program. I didn't know it went beyond a "buttons for keystrokes" kind of setup. Little did I know! It's pretty cool stuff. Just wanted to give you an attaboy!
    Last edited by Steve B; 03-05-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Currently own:

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well I will accept that attaboy and send one in your direction! All your suggestions and all the testing that you've been doing have really helped make this better and have really challenged my AHK skills! To tell you truth, I knew AHK can do a lot more then send hotkeys but I never thought we would get this far with this project.

I agree that some of the items in the menu should go somewhere else but since I didn't have a specific place to put them, it was just easier to make them available in the menu so that you could test if they worked or not. I exchange MS Office and other written documents with other people all the time and the page layouts always get screwed up for no reason so I must say that I am quite surprised that some of the stuff we have been trying apparently works on very different computers.

Go ahead and post mockups or other ideas whenever you have time. I still haven't addressed many of the suggestions/comments/bugs going back several posts but that's mostly because I've had a couple of unsuccessful AHK nights where I was trying stuff out but where nothing turned out to be very convincing...

Pen Pro - Senior Member

No update yet but hopefully soon... this is again exam week for my students so this week is nastily busy...

With the little time I've had, I've actually been working on rewriting the "fundamental" code of the toolbar. While there are still some bugs to work out, when I'm done it should be a much leaner and easier-to-edit toolbar. It was getting to be pretty complex to add some types of buttons (still manageable, but getting clunky) and it should be much easier when I'm done. And I've reduced the number of lines by 25%! While I'd prefer to be working on the bugs and suggestions we had earlier, if this is successful it will really be worth it.

More later.
    Last edited by lblb; 03-07-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks for the update. I figure, first, get things working smooth. Code first, for sure. Then bugs. Then mild improvements to existing buttons and layout in Sai and Artrage. Then on to potential new stuff. So, no issues here.
    Currently own:

I have here a first go at what I need for a simple Firefox toolbar. For me, its just the 4 buttons. Or atleast that's what I think for now, until you or someone else proposes something better.

To me, the real advantage of having the AHK setup is that I could go Fullscreen in Firefox very easily, and still have those basic things I need to use regularly when working with a pen-- Time/Battery, F11, the TIP, Mute, and Volume/Brightness Controls (the Windows Mobility Center). Those things make the most sense to me. Everything else I do with readily available Firefox Addons (Grab and Drag for panning, All in One Gestures or Fire Gestures to right-click flick above the screen for Tab Navigation- next, previous tabs, new tab, close tab, reload tab) and Windows 7 flicks to cut/paste/copy/delete/previous and next page on same tab). I can't think of much else I'd need to do. Thoughts?

I'll probably start something up on SBP after I finish collating my thoughts and make a post on the Sai toolbar (and one or two newer features I'd like to add), and the toolbar in general. I recently reinstalled SBP 2011 on my x200t after going to 64 bit and installing the newer Asus Wacom driver, and SBP is much much more responsive than it was before. I kinda stopped using it before because resizing/etc was really slow with the older driver. Now, no probs! As such, I'm looking forward a lot more to using it. So, basically, applying this project to the program makes a lot more sense to me now, because it's not going to be just academic.

Here's a pick of the mockup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Currently own:

Thread Information