Photoshop toolbar - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Photoshop toolbar

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Photoshop toolbar

Indeed this sounds good!
    I just came back to find all this good news! Nice!

I'll work on this a little later tonight, but don't hesitate to add any other observation/comment/request that you may find useful.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Ok, maybe something of a breakthrough... I thought I would address some of what you said earlier but then I discovered something cool...

Below is v. 1.7.
    Make sure to put the file tf.ahk in the png subfolder.

Changes since v. 1.6:
    - eraser in Sai is back to eraser
    - I disabled the flickering
    - see if you like this: I have added F8 as a toggle to completely hide the toolbar. Maybe if you put F8 as a StrokeIt gesture, you could quickly hide the toolbar for example when you pull out the menus on the right side in Sai.

And now the potentially cool feature...

Right-click on the top tool button on the Art Rage toolbar and select the item you want. The toolbar will reload with that new tool at that position. I'm still learning how to do this (and don't really know the limitations yet) but it's actually pretty simple. I have just made a simple example (with just six different tools in the menu on this one button only) but the possibilities seem quite good, at least for simple commands like the tools. And I haven't had time to create new button icons (for example both pencil and sticker spray have the same "pencil" icon"), but it is easy to set a different icon for each item.

Also:
    - do you want to go for a layers subpanel in Sai? If yes, what functions (and keyboard shortcuts) do you want to include in there?
    - for the more extended Sai toolbar, what layout would you want? Something like the ones in either post 74 or 83?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pen Pro - Senior Member

And now for something different...

Here is something you may like... I think it does a lot of what you would like in Sai full screen. I'll tell you right away, it's not related to the toolbar we've been working on and if you're interested you would have to spend a little money.

What this is:
    I tried all kinds of things to get a useful color picker in Sai full screen but didn't get far. Then I remembered that I use a super useful program called Actual Windows Manager to manage my multi-monitor uses. Basically, after 5 minutes of looking at the options, I came up with the following set up for Sai (all panels have to be popup enabled in the misc.ini file):
    - it adds a minimize-to-an-icon button on the titlebar of the Color panel
    - it adds a minimize to system tray button on the titlebar of the Layer and Tool panels

These new buttons work wonderfully for the very short descriptions above!

If you're interested, here is a screen capture video:
    Sai_Active_Windows_Manager.avi

(Note: I've never done this kind of video before (and the rendering is pretty bad) but let me assure you that in real life it's as smooth as you could hope for! Also, at around 24 seconds, I minimized the Layer and Tool panels (absolutely no problem there) but the video gets really jerky and it shows that they are still present (kind of bleeding off the screen!) but that's just a bug with the video, the two panels were very cleanly minimized. I've played with this set up for a while and it's all very smooth without any bugs to report yet.

It's actually really cool if (not shown in the video) you put the icon for the Color panel on the titlebar for the Navigator: no screen estate lost and the Color panel opens over the Navigator and closes back to the button very cleanly.

If you're interested, the program is available here:
    Actual Window Manager: Multiple Monitors, Virtual Desktops, Windows Control and Other Useful Tools.

It's 50$ (I think it's often on sale at 40$). There is a fully functional 60-day trial version that may convince you of its usefulness (or not!). If you're interested, just ask me and I'll tell you how I set it up for Sai.
    Last edited by lblb; 02-28-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Hey,
    Your video came out pretty good. So, good job for a first time! ::thumbs up::

These are two rather interesting and unrelated developments.

For the right-click on the Tool Button= pull down menu. I think there's something there that could be exceptionally useful, that it could be exploited, but I'm not convinced that usage is the most important for such a readily available method of input. That sort of right-click option was what I was thinking one could use for pulling up certain, say, Tool specific information-- like certain panels in Artrage and Sai that relate only to the tool you've right-cliked. The sort of stuff you had it bringing up seems more like the sort of thing you'd do by bringing up a window from the Menu pull-down that would allow you to reorient the tool buttons and their commands. If you were going to re-orient buttons, you'd do it only very rarely.

The Active Window Manager is also a very cool find. I was sort of hoping to do this on the fly, without cash, so that's the bummer part, but I will download it and try it out to see if its worth the dough. Clearly it's allowing you to do something that is not native in Sai, right? Because it looked like you were being allowed to Minimize windows separately. Is that true? What it actually looks like its doing is allowing you to "shrink" the windows down to those mini-squares, rather than actually "close" them individually. It also looks like you're navigating them simply by moving the mini-windows around, leaving them in place, and tapping them each to expand them, rather than by some integrated command through the AHK setup. Does that all sound correct?
    Last edited by Steve B; 02-28-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 GB SSD , 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    Thinkpad Tablet 2- Win 8.1, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Pen Pro - Senior Member

About the right-click stuff:
    Yeah, I don't know yet how or what it can best be used for, but there are at least three major developments in this one:
    1) we can add button specific menus on right-clicks! Now we just need to figure how they could be useful!
    2) in terms of user customization, it's kind of a beginning: if you're doing a project that uses tools that are not on the toolbar, or if you prefer to reorder the tools, then it's super easy to do.
    3) also very cool: the way that it changes the tools is what is the most important for me: when you select a new tool from the drop-down right-click menu, what actually happens is that it sends a command that actually rewrites specific lines in the ahk file. So the command is like: "find line x in the ahk file and replace it with the following text."
    Why is this important to me? I can illustrate this by the following examples:
    - in the main menu, we could now have an option to change the value of the transparency: input the new value then click OK and the line that contains the transparency value in the ahk file will be changed to the new value
    - in the main menu, have a Sai submenu that could have something like the following options:
    i) go in the misc.ini file and turn the popuppanels to 0 or 1
    ii) go in the misc file, turn the navigator popup to 1 and increase its size to 1000x800 pixels
    etc.

For the other program:
    Unfortunately, it is not free. But if it works well and you use Sai a lot, it may be worth it in the long run. I think it is a matter of looking at the possibilities (hey, it's free for 60 days!) then deciding.

Everything you say sounds right. The main thing is that the program is able to fish out the different windows and send them commands individually, which AHK doesn't seem to be able to do (i.e. AHK sees all the windows as the main Sai window). Some of what it allows you to do:
    - so you can add buttons on any of Sai's popped up panels
    - you can add buttons that actually send the panels in the Windows tray! In the rather bad video, that's what I did with the Tool and Layer windows (and they stay there when you hit F11 or Tab). So after something like that, you can use Ctrl+B to toggle the navigator or tab to toggle navigator+color
    - I've found two ways to use the remaining windows efficiently and minimize/maximize them (in the video, I only kept the Color window up but I've also tried with both Color and Layer and it works fine): you can add a convert-to-an-icon button on the windows (like in the video) or add a resize-to-x-by-y-pixels button. For now, the latter works better as it just shrinks the windows and does not introduce anything alien to Sai (i.e. with the first option, I've had the now-minimized-to-an-icon windows disappear when doing some F11 stuff... but then you can get them back with Tab...)

By the way, that program is really full of options. I don't know if it would work with the rest of our set-up, but you can use this program for example to mirror a window. Thus, you could mirror the Sai fullscreen window onto another monitor while still being able to use the navigator for your drawing (if I'm not mistaken, you were using a similar function (mirroring Sai onto another monitor) before but had to use the navigator on the second monitor, right?)

Anyways, whether these two new developments turn out to be useful or not, they've given me plenty to think about!
    Last edited by lblb; 02-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.

For the Actual Window Manager, you can also just buy the Actual Window Minimize software. It's only 20$ versus the 50$ for the full program. For the usage in Sai, I couldn't figure out if you were using the program for anything beyond that or not. ??

So, what I'm understanding is that you can turn each window, separately and independent from the others, into an individual icon, correct? Could one, for example, set each window as a separate small icon? Sort of like the little square panels in Artrage for Layers, Tracing, Stencils, etc., just smaller?? I don't mind the idea of having a small square icon for different panels like Layers, Tools, Color, etc. in Sai, and don't feel the need to put them in tray. Particularly at the size the icons are in your example video. I actually use all those different panels/windows anyways. It still sounds like you need to see all the icons at once, or remove them all (just like in Sai, normally, with Tab), but you could atleast have them all be tiny, and organize them where you want. Can I then maximize each window (Layers, Color, Tools, etc) only one at a time as well? If so, that sounds exceptionally useful, and very customizable-- sort of like what I was saying I wish Artrage was like-- where I could move the little square panels wherever I wanted, etc. even when in Full Screen mode.

Re: the buttons for toggles, Windows commands, etc. Yes, that sounds very useful as well. Will have to ponder what would work best. Idea for useful things? Minimize to Tray (F8), Make the Windows Taskbar autohide, and then un-autohide. The idea of the misc file alterations is a very smart idea too.
    Currently own:

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Alright, I think I'm on to something... Unfortunately I need to go, so it will be a bastardized version... I really haven't optimized it but I think I may have beaten this sucker...

Try v. 1.8 below with all panels popped up in Sai. Then push the four tool buttons at the bottom (I completely changed their code but didn't have time to make it pretty). Does it work? Is it stable? If yes, I can do it for all four panels I think.

Ok, gotta go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, that's f*cking cool. Straight up.

Let me send you a bottle of wine my man. You just did something totally non-native to Sai and made it look like a breeze. Can you make it be like an on and off toggle in one button? Or some other way that doesn't take two buttons? I would assume so.

Wow. IMO, for a Sai user, what you've done is sorta revolutionary. It totally changes the way one can use the program. I mean, REALLY changes the interface. And yet, I get to keep all the highly functional details that Sai puts in its panels.

Bring it on!!
    Currently own:

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I can't believe it took 118 posts for my evil plan to get free wine to work!

But seriously, I'm really happy it works.

The depressing part?
    After all these efforts, what's the code that works?

Well, you wanna hide the Layer window? Just have a button with the code:
    WinHide, Layer

Oh and wanna have a button that shows the Layer window? Well, here it is:
    WinShow, Layer

Out of all the buttons, these are the simplest codes! And they should be pretty much foolproof! I'm sure there will be a few issues to solve, but at least it is clear that AHK can interact with these different windows individually.

I tested and it works just as well with the Color window. And it really shouldn't be any problem to set those as toggle buttons.

I actually won't have time to work on this tonight, but when you have time, why don't you go ahead and describe how you would want these buttons added to the toolbar. As large buttons? As smaller buttons like the ones at the top? Makes sense to put them close to the Tab button to hide/show them all?

Anyway, that made my day! AutoHotkey is cool.
    Last edited by lblb; 02-28-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

This is less relevant for now and may be more important when we are at the stage of polishing off the "final product" but I figured out how to add submenus in the main menu. So I was thinking of adding some useful items in there. For now I've tested successfully the following:

Toggle Windows taskar autohide
    Show time and battery level
    Show Tablet Input Panel
    Turn off monitor

Because all these are successful, it means that we can add pretty much anything in there. Among items that could be in there, here is the kind of stuff that I think could be useful. What do you think? I mean: you are going to use this toolbar so what would you find to be useful?

Turn WiFi On/Off
    Turn Bluetooth On/Off
    Set screen brightness to X percent
    Change to Power plan X
    Launch Windows Mobility Center/Control panel/Task manager
    Launch pen calibration utility
    Launch Firefox/Art Rage/Sai etc.
    Open My Documents or other folder
    Launch file X
    Go to Google.com
    Start RGB/HTML color code identifier

Thread Information