Steve Jobs Passing: Apple a Year Later

+ Reply to Thread
    Tablet PC Review Site Admin

Default Steve Jobs Passing: Apple a Year Later

It's been a year since Steve Jobs passing. In that year, Apple has released some ground-breaking products like the iPhone 5, the New iPad, MacBook Pro with Retina Display and the soon to released iPad Mini. They've also had some highly publicized failures, such as Apple Maps. So a year later how do you think they are doing? Do you think anything would be different if he were still around?
    Last edited by CLeonard; 10-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress. ~Joseph Joubert, Pensées, 1842
    Follow Me on Twitter: @ChrisLeonard
    Follow the @TechGuideForums Twitter Feed
    Check out our TechnologyGuide Facebook Site

Super Moderator

Default Re: Steve Jobs Passing: Apple a Year Later

It's too early to judge. Probably everything that Apple has done between then and now was likely already in the pipeline when Jobs died. Ask this again in a year or two...

Tablet PC Review Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    It's too early to judge. Probably everything that Apple has done between then and now was likely already in the pipeline when Jobs died. Ask this again in a year or two...
    We probably will. I expect we'll spend the next 15-20 years wondering how "this Apple product" would have been different if Steve Jobs were still alive.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress. ~Joseph Joubert, Pensées, 1842
    Follow Me on Twitter: @ChrisLeonard
    Follow the @TechGuideForums Twitter Feed
    Check out our TechnologyGuide Facebook Site

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CLeonard View Post
    We probably will. I expect we'll spend the next 15-20 years wondering how "this Apple product" would have been different if Steve Jobs were still alive.
    One thing in computing is sure - no company is guaranteed longevity. I remember IBM being the biggest hardware company on the block for a long while and Microsoft being the biggest IT company in terms of money.

It's all about who adapts best in the future, who can compete on the world stage and that's where Apple may miss someone like Jobs. Will Apple or many of the names we know now even exist in 15-20 years?

Function over Form

Designing nice hardware has never really been a weak spot for Apple. I see their failure in that iOS is still the same old boring toy like OS it's always been. If they would get something actually akin to OS X (Ie: Real multitasking and a file system) on the iPhone platform I believe they could maintain their dominance. As it is though with Windows 8 and Google bearing down, I don't see Apple staying relevant for very long unless a software change happens quickly.

2d
    Current Mobile:
    Lenovo x230 - i5, 16gb RAM, 256 ssd, 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, w8 pro x64
    Lenovo X220t - i7-2620M, 16gb RAM, 80gb ssd, 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, w8 pro x64
    Past:
    OQO 01, 02 RIP, Fujitsu P1510d (Still have but not using) ,Acer 1825ptz, Samsung Series 7 Slate - A01 & A03, HP Slate 2, MS Surface Pro 128gb, MS Surface Pro 2 4gb/128gb, Lenovo Thinkpad 8 - 64gb

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CLeonard View Post
    I agree with you 100%
    He was the prodcut. lol

Scribbler - Standard Member

Now a days iPhone 5 and iPad mini both are one of the most popular in the world. Many people are crazy for these both gadgets. But Steve Job was man who change the world in mobile industries.

Thread Information