Leave Your iPad in the Charger After It Reaches 100%

+ Reply to Thread
    Editor, TabletPCReview

Default Leave Your iPad in the Charger After It Reaches 100%

I was reading something online about the latest iPad that makes a good point:

Note that the batteries do not actually reach full charge when 100% is shown and need up to an extra hour before the charging actually stops.
    So if you want to maximize your tablet's battery life, don't unplug it as soon as it hits 100%. There's still more charging to do.

I have desktop cradle for my iPad, an accessory I recommend. When I'm in the office I always generally use this tablet in the cradle with an external keyboard (something else I recommend). This allows it to charge up when I'm typing on it, or whenever I'm busy with something else.

That's not to say that this Apple model has a bad battery life -- tests have shown that with the screen brightness at 50% it can go 10 - 11.5 hours on a single charge. But if you use your iPad as much as I do, you'll want to get it as charged up as you can before leaving for a transcontinental flight, or just a marathon gaming session.

The tip on charging past 100% comes from Dr. Raymond M. Soneira, President, DisplayMate Technologies Corporation.
    Follow me on Twitter at EdFromTPCR or on Google+. This site has a Twitterfeed too, at TabletPCReview.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Leave Your iPad in the Charger After It Reaches 100%

Your tips regarding charging the battery of new iPad were informative. There are few more points through which you can save your battery like turn off WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, Data Push, Equalizer, Fetch Email Less Often, Location Services, and Auto-Lock Sooner.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Leave Your iPad in the Charger After It Reaches 100%

Lowering brightness definitely would help to reduce battery life. Its not good to view in such bright conditions anyway. its bad for eyes.

Thread Information